• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

College Football Playoff Predictions!

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Michigan State is a good team this year but lost to the two teams playing for the championship and beat the first team left out of the playoff. If any team has a case to expand the playoff it is them. But only if we are trying to figure out the 3rd best team in the country. Michigan state has not shown they deserve to be in the championship game as they already their chance and lost.

Lets remember the NFL teams do not have to worry about final exams, getting the players home for Christmas and then back to campus then to the playoff site, coaches leaving, coaches recruiting, getting ready for the NFL combine, having both teams traveling to playoff sites, etc.

ace2000

TUG Member
Reaction score
IMO, I don't care about who finishes third. Let the other bowls sort that out. The committee and the new playoff system have been a major upgrade this year. I wouldn't mind if they expanded the format, but I'm content with where we're at now.

By the way, I haven't seen this posted, so I'll post it here...

Mega ratings for ESPN's college football playoffs make cable TV history

The two highest-rated broadcasts in cable TV history now belong to ESPN thanks to the new college football playoffs.

http://money.cnn.com/2015/01/02/media/college-football-playoff-ratings/

Elan

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think that TCU has a very legitimate claim to a playoff spot. There's no doubt in my mind that they could (not saying would, but could) beat Oregon and/or OSU.

But more importantly, in the very first year, the playoff proved that the committee's selection process is not precise. Given that, I'd much rather err on the side of letting in a potentially undeserving team (if you can call a 11-1 or 10-2 team "undeserving") than excluding a deserving team.

As far as logistics, scrap a meaningless opening OOC game. The first round could be played on what's now the last game of the regular season. Then the layoff would be identical to what it is currently. Although I'm not sure that's the best solution, it's certainly a workable one.

As ace2000 pointed out, the ratings for the playoff were huge. I said that they would be years ago on these boards. Yes, a 4 team playoff is much better than the fraud that was the BCS system. But it can be even better. I don't know about you guys, but I think another week of games of the same caliber of this year's semi's would be fantastic.

An expanded playoff is coming. It's only a matter of when, not if.

BocaBum99

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think that TCU has a very legitimate claim to a playoff spot. There's no doubt in my mind that they could (not saying would, but could) beat Oregon and/or OSU.

But more importantly, in the very first year, the playoff proved that the committee's selection process is not precise. Given that, I'd much rather err on the side of letting in a potentially undeserving team (if you can call a 11-1 or 10-2 team "undeserving") than excluding a deserving team.

As far as logistics, scrap a meaningless opening OOC game. The first round could be played on what's now the last game of the regular season. Then the layoff would be identical to what it is currently. Although I'm not sure that's the best solution, it's certainly a workable one.

As ace2000 pointed out, the ratings for the playoff were huge. I said that they would be years ago on these boards. Yes, a 4 team playoff is much better than the fraud that was the BCS system. But it can be even better. I don't know about you guys, but I think another week of games of the same caliber of this year's semi's would be fantastic.

An expanded playoff is coming. It's only a matter of when, not if.

I'll say it again. 8 conferences, 16 teams per conference. Each conference can name its conference champion any way it wants. Each of the 8 conference champions are entered into an 8 team, 3 round playoff starting 7-10 days after the conference championship game. First round of the play offs happens 7-10 days prior to New Year. Semis is on New Year's day. National Championship game is 7-10 days after that. All 128 Division 1 teams have a chance to win it all. Just win your conference and 3 more games and you are the national champion.

I am fine with scrapping meaningless OOC games which are most meaningless in the SEC.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
I dont much mind beginning of the year warm up games...which essentially amount to nothing more than glorified scrimmages.

however the mid season cupcakes are getting silly...and certainly take away from the whole "we dont want kids to have to play more games" argument.

that said, taking away those noncon games from the big schools means less overall regular season games...which means less games for all schools across the board.

doubt you get many (if any) athletic department agreeing to that. even in middle tier schools football brings in lots of money.

Elan

TUG Member
Reaction score
FCS has had a 16+ team playoff for years (now 24 teams -- too many, IMO). With as much money as 4+ more playoff games would bring in, I'm pretty sure someone will figure out a way to make it work in FBS as well.

Elan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ducks just lost their 2nd best receiver to go along with the loss of their All American CB a few weeks ago.

crew

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ducks just lost their 2nd best receiver to go along with the loss of their All American CB a few weeks ago.

Just heard that he tested positive by the NCAA for marijuana. Unbelievable that he put himself in this position. Now he'll be watching the biggest game of his life from home.

csxjohn

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
Just heard that he tested positive by the NCAA for marijuana. Unbelievable that he put himself in this position. Now he'll be watching the biggest game of his life from home.

That's why they call it Dope.

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Oregon is still favored by 6 1/2. A straight bet on them will win $.50 for a $1 bet. A straight bet on Ohio State wins $1.70 for a $1 bet.

A couple weeks ago before the semi final games I bet on Ohio Stat to take it all winning $6 for a $1 bet, if they pull it off.

The over under is 74. What's interesting is if you take Ohio St +6 1/2 or Oregon -6 1/2, the payoff is the same, $.91 for a $1 bet.

ace2000

TUG Member
Reaction score
What's going on around here - we're still playing tonight, aren't we??? :)

My heart says Ohio St. and my head tells me it's got to be Oregon. I would guess the crowd will be in favor of Oregon since they're closer?

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
id think that columbus is closer to dallas than eugene is?

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
id think that columbus is closer to dallas than eugene is?

When I was in the service I had a Texan tell me, and believe, that Texas is so big it's further from El Paso to Texarkana than it is from Texarkana to New York City.

He must have been using the same map as Ace.

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS

Prolly gettin' high, too.
Maybe he forgot which State he was in.

ace2000

TUG Member
Reaction score
When I was in the service I had a Texan tell me, and believe, that Texas is so big it's further from El Paso to Texarkana than it is from Texarkana to New York City.

He must have been using the same map as Ace.

LOL - I did live in Texas for 6 years. :)

Clemson Fan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well, that was a butt whooping of the ultimate paper tiger in Oregon! OSU even lost the turnover battle 4-0 and they still put it on them!

Congrats to The buckeys! They deserved it!

L

laurac260

Wow, that was kind of easy, but fun! Who do we play next week! :whoopie:

Clemson Fan

TUG Member
Reaction score
OSU has the best coach in college football and its frankly not very close! Saban is 8-8 in bowls and Meyer is now 9-2 (0-1 vs Clemson)! He's bought OSU to another level! OSU now should just avoid the ACC!

Last edited:
L

laurac260

Well, that was a butt whooping of the ultimate paper tiger in Oregon! OSU even lost the turnover battle 4-0 and they still put it on them!

Congrats to The buckeys! They deserved it!
turnover battle finished 4-1 Not that matters. Go Bucks!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
geez, where was that pitiful looking oregon team 2 weeks ago.

also odd that noone pointed out repeatedly on national TV the huge % of "classless" oregon players who left for the locker room vs staying on the field to shake hands.

L

laurac260

722 posts of analyzing, proselytizing, and talking about how this team coulda, shoulda, etc, sometimes you just gotta watch, root, and have faith . The naysayers can go quiet now.

Go Bucks!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
oh and giving credit where credit is due...OSU played a fantastic game on both sides of the ball. well deserved win there.