• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!
Reaction score
This is for anyone visiting the "Happiest Place On Earth", not just DVC owners. If you have a phenomenal experience, instead of giving them a tip (aka $$$), send them a compliment! You need the My Disney Experience app to do this. We're not allowed to take $$$ from anyone unless they persist. While $$$ is nice, a compliment is shared with both the Cast Member and their manager, and it lasts longer.
  1. Open the app.
  2. Click the 3 horizontal lines at the bottom right.
  3. Scroll down to Cast Compliment.
  4. Select a reason.
  5. Under location, select where the Cast Member works. Like the theme park or form of transportation.
  6. Enter the cast member's name and city on their name tag.
  7. Enter the date.
I believe if it is a costumed character, you could put in their character name and date, but you could ask their assistant (actual person with name tag) what to enter to make sure they get recognized. For me, I made several slips with those directions, just in case someone wants to give me money, I'll give them the directions instead.

TS

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
A few years ago I had a coworker who'd said she was taking her twin granddaughters to WDW for their birthday and staying on property. She was planning to arrive on Sat. Friday afternoon I asked her where she was staying and she said she hadn't made any reservations. I was like OMG, panic attack but I didn't say anything to her. I just stepped away and called the reservation line and asked about availability. French Quarter had a room with FL resident rates that was c/w the going FL resident discounted rate for the time for a moderate. I walked back around the corner and told told her what I'd found and asked if she wanted to speak to the reservation line. She said yes so I handed here the phone. When they checked in they were chatting with the FD CM who apparently was taking notes. When they got back to the room the next evening after a long day at the parks, there was a framed autographed 8 by 10 photo of each twin's favorite character. The coworker return, thanked me and was just gushing with excitement telling about how much they enjoyed the stay and how special it was in large part thanks to the FD CM.

A couple of weeks later we were there staying overnight at Riverside. Knowing that Disney had a robust incentive program at the time, I walked over to the French Quarter and spoke to the manager at the FD. He was able to find the reservation and note the CM's name. He stated they would do the appropriate documentation and the CM would be rewarded. Hopefully it did happen as the CM deserved recognition, he definitely seemed sincere.

PamMo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
That was a very nice thing to do, @Dean! I’m constantly impressed with Tuggers.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
A few years ago I had a coworker who'd said she was taking her twin granddaughters to WDW for their birthday and staying on property. She was planning to arrive on Sat. Friday afternoon I asked her where she was staying and she said she hadn't made any reservations. I was like OMG, panic attack but I didn't say anything to her. I just stepped away and called the reservation line and asked about availability. French Quarter had a room with FL resident rates that was c/w the going FL resident discounted rate for the time for a moderate. I walked back around the corner and told told her what I'd found and asked if she wanted to speak to the reservation line. She said yes so I handed here the phone. When they checked in they were chatting with the FD CM who apparently was taking notes. When they got back to the room the next evening after a long day at the parks, there was a framed autographed 8 by 10 photo of each twin's favorite character. The coworker return, thanked me and was just gushing with excitement telling about how much they enjoyed the stay and how special it was in large part thanks to the FD CM.

A couple of weeks later we were there staying overnight at Riverside. Knowing that Disney had a robust incentive program at the time, I walked over to the French Quarter and spoke to the manager at the FD. He was able to find the reservation and note the CM's name. He stated they would do the appropriate documentation and the CM would be rewarded. Hopefully it did happen as the CM deserved recognition, he definitely seemed sincere.
Outstanding! Kudos to the Disney staff person and Kudos to Dean and simpsontruckdriver for sharing this information.:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::clap:

AnnaS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you for sharing. Good to know this. No need to wait for a survey.

Fido Chuckwagon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort; Wyndham Bonnet Creek; Wyndham Bali Hai; Wyndham Canterbury; Wyndham Grand Desert; Marriott Grand Chateau

I’m so interested in what your friend’s plan was with no reservations? Were they just going to show up and ask if there was any vacancy at any hotels?

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
That was a very nice thing to do, @Dean! I’m constantly impressed with Tuggers.
Obviously problems have to be dealt with but I feel strongly about compliments when earned as well. I've made quite a few managers at restaurants and similar nervous by asking for a manager only to see their smile and obvious gratitude when it's a complement and not a complaint.

I’m so interested in what your friend’s plan was with no reservations? Were they just going to show up and ask if there was any vacancy at any hotels?
It was a lack of planning. I've come to learn this is not an uncommon approach by many people. I'd venture that about an average of once a month I have an inquiry from a friend or family member about short notice reservation availability for a high demand area. Examples, Disney/DVC, Bike week, HHI mid summer. Honestly I'm not sure for my coworker at the time. I don't know if she would have gone home and made the call, called the next morning or blow it off and end up not going.