• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Did you give away or adopt a timeshare on the Bargain Deals forum?

ChicagoRobert

TUG Member
Reaction score
Successful

I am happy to say that I successfully gave away our timeshare with Diamond Resorts International-Sedona Los Abrigados (with added incentives).

I cannot thank enough, some of the extremely kind and helpful TUG members who made it possible. Your selfless guidance was so valuable.

I used JRA Services, Inc. for the closing and would highly recommend Janet for anyone wanting to handle the closing themselves. She was quick, responsive and very detailed in her work.

TUG is a great place to learn and succeed at selling (or giving away) your timeshare.

Thanks again! :hi:

Need to Travel

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Our HOA has given away 15 of the 24 timeshares that we were holding.
I posted in June, so it has been very successful.
Thanks

chellej

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Last year and so far this year I have given away 4. Paid the transfer fees on all, maintenance fee on one.

I think I can stop and just keep the rest

ampaholic

TUG Member
Reaction score
I successfully gave away my Vacation Village @ Parkway Triennial. I am happy with the results of the Bargain Forum Board.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Im giving away 74000 RCI points through the forum...i got 5 requests in the fist 15 minutes. As they say "one mans trash is another mans treasure"

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
I Think I Resemble That Remark.

Im giving away 74000 RCI points through the forum.
Hmmmmm -- 74,000 RCI points.

Sounds familiar.

Reminds me of the 2BR Vacation Village At Parkway unit we gave away el freebo via Kijiji Dot Com. (It was offered via the TUG-BBS bargain giveaway section also, but the folks who took it responded to the Kijiji giveaway offer. Nobody on TUG responded. Go figure.)

The 1 we gave away was triennial -- i.e., worth 74,000 points every 3 years, with the points delivered in annual doses of 24,667 points.

We also gave away, to the same people who took our 74,000-point triennial, another 2BR triennial at the same timeshare, worth 55,500 points every 3 years (delivered as 18,500 points every year).

We kept a Vacation Village At Parkway 2BR triennial worth 92,500 points every 3 years (30,833 points annually).

The pattern of cheap eBay purchases followed by Kijiji giveaways illustrates our hands-on learning experience. I mean, why learn the facts ahead of time when we can blunder ahead in ignorance & learn the hard way via practical experience?

We eventually came to understand that Vacation Village At Parkway has 3 demand seasons, reflected in 3 different points-values for the 2BR lock-off units at that timeshare -- 55,500 points (low demand season) & 74,000 points (mid-demand), & 92,500 points (high demand). The kicker is that maintenance fees are all the same, mox nix the points values.

We jumped on the eBay annual 18,500-point unit because it was not only super-cheap on eBay but also because it generated more points for lower fees than a dinky non-Florida points-timeshare that we deeded back to the resort because of excessive maintenance fees.

Shortly afterward we spied a super-cheap 24,667-point unit on eBay & jumped on that, to replace the 18,500-point unit. Same timeshare. Same fees. So why not?

We never expected to see a triennial version of a Vacation Village At Parkway high-demand 2BR unit on eBay. But when we did, we jumped on that too, making us owners of 3 Vacation Village At Parkway triennials, all with the same fees but with 3 different points values.

We kept the high & gave away the mid- & low-demand units. The total we paid through eBay for all 3 was way less than the maximum we typed in on eSnipe for our eBay 18,500-point unit, so we felt no pain at giving away 2 of our 3 Vacation Village At Parkway triennials.

Is this a great country or what ?

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

malonem68

TUG Member
Reaction score
I didn't give one away but I finally got my first timeshare via the message board. Picked up a Foxrun 2br week 31. I paid the transfer fees and closing costs but the trasaction went smoothly and I am very happy with my purchase!! (Well, I guess you can't call it a purchase).

Now, if I can only find a Willowbrook unit at Split Rock! :clap:

richjester

TUG Member
Reaction score
New Owner for Wyndham Sapphire Valley

We gave away two 105,000 point deeds at Wyndham Sapphire Valley. We appreciate the new owners who can get some use from something that we wouldn't be able to use. We paid for closing costs, buyer paid the resort fees. Thanks!!

RLG

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriot Abound Chairman (SMV; SDO; SBP; Lakeside Terrace, Willow Ridge). HGVC, Worldmark. RCI points
I've given away several units at Sheraton Broadway Plantation and Sheraton Mountain Vista. They are great traders in II because they get first look at bulk deposits from Starwood. (I'm still keeping quite a few of these.)

The recipient of my most recent give away already used it to trade into a 2 bedroom at Westin Ka'anapali:

I received an email from II saying my exchange was confirmed for KAN 9/7-9/14 (2bd) :whoopie: :whoopie:

jkkinder

TUG Member
Reaction score
How do I go about listing a bargain deal?

I read your post & would like to list my Vail timeshare for free but every link I try ends up in a dead end. How do I post one on the bargain deals.

Thanks for your help.

Judy

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
I just started the paper work today to give my TS in Steamboat Springs, that I posted yesterday, to another reader of this forum.

magdalena

Reaction score
Please keep us posted on how it goes. Might like to get in touch with you as far as the steps involved.

Thanks!

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Please keep us posted on how it goes. Might like to get in touch with you as far as the steps involved.

Thanks!

I will do that. We submitted our info to the title transfer company and should get the stuff we need to sign Mon. or Tues.

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Update and history of my transactions.

Thanks!

My deed transfer is final, less than a month total time.

I won't go into all the details here but if you want them click on my user name and email me.

Brief review:

April 30, 2012 posted two units to give away on the bargain deals forum.

May 1st Got a request for info on one of the units. Sent info, came to an agreement on closing costs and use of Legal Timeshare Transfers. We both sent the required information and documents to the transfer company.

May 11 Received email with new deed, to sign, get notarized, and witnessed.

May 14 Snail mailed the executed documents to the title company.

May 18 Executed deed was received by the title transfer company, electronically filed in the proper county and was told the transfer was official.

All documents will be mailed to me and the buyer on Monday May 21, 2012.

Thanks to the TUG BBS and a member who wanted the timeshare, it has been transfered to him.

linsj

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
I gave away a Kauai Beach Villas in less than a week. My first posting in the Bargain Deals.

JudiZ

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Villas of Cave Creek

I posted my ad on May 5 for Villas; on May 6 I had a response and the process began. On June 14, I received an email from Legal Timeshare Transfer stating that the property transfer at the resort had been completed. Hard to say enough good things about the closing company - they were fast, professional and thorough. Overall, a wonderful and satisfying transaction.

Judi:)

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, two. I think I got $100 for a CasaBlanca Vacation Club Week and gave away a Week at Peppertree by the Sea. Both purchasers handled the costs associated with the transactions.

George

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
I just got another week at our favorite Hawaii resort on the Bargain Deals Forum - thank you Lin! :hi:

purson

Reaction score
Kuhio Banyan unit has a new owner

Yes! Today we were able to conclude giving away a studio unit at the Kuhio Banyan (Honolulu, HI) after first posting it 8 months ago. I offered to pay for the transfer and for the current year dues. No takers for 6 months. Everything went smoothly but slowly. I had tried for quite some time to sell it but the economy just was too poor. Our lifestyle has been changing as we get older so it was time for someone else to enjoy it. This board is an excellent way to connect with new owners!

dwmantz

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Sold Wyndham Edisto Island Ocean Ridge 2br Loft Wk 32

Sold in just a few hours for $75.

sara1968

Reaction score
J. No more bluegreen!

I was so happy to get rid of my points with the bluegreen, it's over!
Thanks, and enjoy it Lee!

:cheer:
Sara

Bill4728

Reaction score
Not to say that the bargain deals forum doesn't work but I had posted a couple of TS there for about 10 months with little response. Posted the same exact deal in the TUG marketplace and got 8 responses in less than a month.

Be sure to post in the TUG market place too.