• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Disney gift cards, 10% off at Costco.com today only, use them to pay Disney maintenance fees or whatever

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Any savings I can get on Disney is money in the bank for us. We own 500 points, and if I could buy enough cards to pay that entire MF, I would do it. But it is a limit of 2 per membership, but it looks like Rick and I were both able to get the discount on the two cards.

Great3

TUG Member
Reaction score
Any savings I can get on Disney is money in the bank for us. We own 500 points, and if I could buy enough cards to pay that entire MF, I would do it. But it is a limit of 2 per membership, but it looks like Rick and I were both able to get the discount on the two cards.

Just FYI Cindy, you both can order twice (2 gifts cards each order, 2 orders total per person, for a total of 8 gifts cards under the one Costco primary membership with secondary membership, before Costco cancels your order for ordering over the limit. Good Luck.

Great3

ljmiii

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you! And if you don't mind me asking...how do you use the electronic gift cards for MFs? Can you use them on the DVC website or do you have to call?

Great3

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you! And if you don't mind me asking...how do you use the electronic gift cards for MFs? Can you use them on the DVC website or do you have to call?
I pay directly on DVC website, chose the specific contract you want to pay and choose other amount. There is option to pay by gift card.

Great3

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
We have a gift card we reload and keep track of what is on it. It was originally a $500 gift card, and we just re-load it to $1,000. We do this quite a bit, actually.

We buy Disney gift cards at our local Kroger store, when it's 4X fuel points, so we get $1.00 off per gallon of gas up to 35 gallons. We rarely add gas to our tanks without the discount. We have two vehicles.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
@rickandcindy23 , thank you, just made a purchase...

Denise L

Tug Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Starwood/Vistana, Disney, Hyatt, HGVC
Just FYI Cindy, you both can order twice (2 gifts cards each order, 2 orders total per person, for a total of 8 gifts cards under the one Costco primary membership with secondary membership, before Costco cancels your order for ordering over the limit. Good Luck.

Great3
This is interesting information. Is this how Costco handles the limits? I would definitely like to order more than the 2 per person.

TheHolleys87

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk Villas, Kona Coast II
As above, you can use them online. Open up the dues page, click Make a Payment, click Pay by Contract, and click Use New Card. I open that all up, open the GC online, copy and paste the card number and EAN, click Submit and I’m done. Disney e-GCs are usually emptied of funds within five minutes of arrival in my inbox.

You can pay on next year’s dues before they’re posted, too. You’ll just build a credit balance that DVC will apply when calculating the amount owed and the monthly payment if you’re on autopay.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We were able to get four cards each for the discount. Thank you for that tip @Great3

Great3

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is interesting information. Is this how Costco handles the limits? I would definitely like to order more than the 2 per person.

I don't know how Costco handle limits on gift cards typically, because I usually never ever get close to the limit. But for DVC dues that I have to pay anyways, I am willing to test the limits. Worse comes to worse, Costco cancels the extra orders over the limit, which they did. That's what I discovered this round, that you each person/Costco account can order 4 total gifts cards, (2 order of two $250 gift cards each time = $1,000 total Disney Gift card value per person), and that Costco consider the secondary membership separate from the primary membership.

I also tested the max limit on Sam's club Disney Gift card, and Sam's club truly did limit each membership to 2 total Disney Gift cards of $200 each (total of $400 Disney Gift card value). And Sam's club does consider primary and secondary membership to be the same membership, which I would have expected Costco to do the same. But Costco doesn't, so I will just count my lucky stars, allowing me to get $2K in total in Disney Gift cards from Costco in addition to the $400 I got from Sam's Club (which I brought a Sam's Club membership the day before the deal went live just to save $40). I guess you can say pretty much say my Sam's club membership that I had to pay for to get discount I got on Disney Gift cards is a wash, as I normally don't have Sam's membership. But Costco membership I pay for every year anyways, so I do get to enjoy the full 10% discount on DVC dues on those gift cards from Costco.

I will take it. It beats just getting 5% off buying Disney Gift cards at Target on the Red card which is what I have been doing every year before previously.

Great3

Last edited:

ljmiii

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
As above, you can use them online. Open up the dues page, click Make a Payment, click Pay by Contract, and click Use New Card. I open that all up, open the GC online, copy and paste the card number and EAN, click Submit and I’m done. Disney e-GCs are usually emptied of funds within five minutes of arrival in my inbox.

You can pay on next year’s dues before they’re posted, too. You’ll just build a credit balance that DVC will apply when calculating the amount owed and the monthly payment if you’re on autopay.
Thank you so much! Not that they aren't getting my money anyway...but it is nice of them that you can pre-pay your MFs online.

TheHolleys87

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thank you so much! Not that they aren't getting my money anyway...but it is nice of them that you can pre-pay your MFs online.
Yes, I really like being able to pre-pay because I like to spend those e-GC ASAP. I don’t know how difficult it would be for someone to hack into the GC system and steal the money, and I don’t want to find out! And opportunities to buy discounted Disney GCs seem to pop up unpredictably.

Denise L

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks for the tips. We were able to get two orders of two cards for me ($1000) and just one order of two cards for my hubby ($500) yesterday. No idea why his second order was cancelled since it seems like most of us were able to get 2 orders each. He tried again last night and it was cancelled again, and I tried again today with his account and a different VISA card, and that was also cancelled.

I think that our dues will be over $5,000, so every 10% off certainly helps! Is this the best Disney Gift Card deal that you TUGers have seen? I have never tried the Target 5% deal before.

Do you know what happens if I pay more on one contract than will be needed? It seemed like I could only prepay by contract, so I had to do some math, LOL. Will the credit balance just hang around until 2025, or will it be applied to cover another contract?

TheHolleys87

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Do you know what happens if I pay more on one contract than will be needed? It seemed like I could only prepay by contract, so I had to do some math, LOL. Will the credit balance just hang around until 2025, or will it be applied to cover another contract?
We have bought a lot of discounted GCs recently, so I’ve been prepaying dues frequently! I’ve actually been applying them to specific contracts and keeping it more or less even - the website makes it easy to do. I don’t think I did that last year, though, and I think it applied all of our prepayment to the first contract. We weren’t anywhere close to paying the entire amount in advance, so I’m not sure what they’d do if I overpaid one contract. Maybe if that happened, you could call Member Accounting and they could move the excess funds from that contract to another.
Is this the best Disney Gift Card deal that you TUGers have seen? I have never tried the Target 5% deal before.
A couple of weeks ago Best Buy was selling $50 Disney GCs for $42.50, so 15%. So that was the best I’ve seen as far as a simple discount goes, but it was only available to BB’s paid members (Total and Plus). The Sam’s discount in early November was 10% like Costco, again only for Plus members. There are people on the internet who do things like using a CC that gets them rewards and stacking with Rakuten etc., but that’s too much work for me. We routinely use Target’s 5% when these special ones aren’t enough. For our Disney cruise next month we put the down payment on a CC but paid the rest via Target 5% off.

Denise L

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A couple of weeks ago Best Buy was selling $50 Disney GCs for $42.50, so 15%. So that was the best I’ve seen as far as a simple discount goes, but it was only available to BB’s paid members (Total and Plus). The Sam’s discount in early November was 10% like Costco, again only for Plus members. There are people on the internet who do things like using a CC that gets them rewards and stacking with Rakuten etc., but that’s too much work for me. We routinely use Target’s 5% when these special ones aren’t enough. For our Disney cruise next month we put the down payment on a CC but paid the rest via Target 5% off.
Good to know! I just looked it up and the Best Buy Total membership costs $50/year, which seems worth the cost to save 15% on Disney Gift Cards. Did you happen to notice if there was a limit for how many $50 cards could be purchased? Could I have joined for $50 and purchased $5000 worth to save $750 on cards, and then my net savings would have been $700? I will have to look into these types of savings for next year. I remember when my DVC dues were under $3000, which seemed 'reasonable' at the time. Last year, they went from $3600 to $4200.

TheHolleys87

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Good to know! I just looked it up and the Best Buy Total membership costs $50/year, which seems worth the cost to save 15% on Disney Gift Cards. Did you happen to notice if there was a limit for how many $50 cards could be purchased? Could I have joined for $50 and purchased $5000 worth to save $750 on cards, and then my net savings would have been $700? I will have to look into these types of savings for next year. I remember when my DVC dues were under $3000, which seemed 'reasonable' at the time. Last year, they went from $3600 to $4200.
Unfortunately the Best Buy offer was short-lived and isn’t available now. I can’t remember how many the limit was - I think it was 2/day, and DH ultimately bought 8. He has the BB Total for its other benefits. The Target Red Card is the only consistent discount I know of - all these others recently have been specials.

And I know what you mean about increases. Ours have doubled over our 26 years.

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
Thanks for the tips. We were able to get two orders of two cards for me ($1000) and just one order of two cards for my hubby ($500) yesterday. No idea why his second order was cancelled since it seems like most of us were able to get 2 orders each. He tried again last night and it was cancelled again, and I tried again today with his account and a different VISA card, and that was also cancelled.

I think that our dues will be over $5,000, so every 10% off certainly helps! Is this the best Disney Gift Card deal that you TUGers have seen? I have never tried the Target 5% deal before.

I suggest anyone wanting more than two for each membership to at least try again. I purchased two yesterday, another two this morning and yet another two this evening. All of these were under my individual Costco membership. I’ve already printed out the six gift cards, ready to use.

Last edited:

Denise L

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I suggest anyone wanting more than two for each membership to at least try again. I purchased two yesterday, another two this morning and yet another two this evening. All of these were under my individual Costco membership. I’ve already printed out the six gift cards, ready to use.
I will definitely try again. Did anyone who purchased today have to wait 24 hours between purchases? I still don't know why my hubby's account only let him buy 2 cards altogether so far. We need to catch up!

Denise L

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Would any of you expert gift card buyers recommend that I hold onto any cards for our upcoming trips to Disneyland and Walt Disney World? We have both coming up next year, and we could definitely apply the cards to our villa stays since we charge nearly everything to the room. Or do you recommend that we just pay our dues for 2024 and keep paying for 2025 if I can get over $5000 in cards.

Denise L

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Well, I just tried to place a new order (it has been 25 hours since my last order) and it was cancelled. That is sad for us :( .

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
Well, I just tried to place a new order (it has been 25 hours since my last order) and it was cancelled. That is sad for us :( .
That really stinks, sorry it didn’t work.

My two orders today were only 10 hours apart.

Great3

TUG Member
Reaction score
Seems like there's no actual rhyme or reason than why some (or seem like most) can 4 gift cards per person, why some can only get 2 gift cards, and why some (or maybe even only 1 person?) can get 6 gift cards under the same membership.

We can't really complain, since we already got two the limit, so anything more than that is just pure luck for us. But you encourage me try again tomorrow if the deal is still available. You just never know!

Great3

Denise L

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Yes, we feel lucky to have saved $150! Every bit counts, and that is quite a lot already.

Perhaps there is random account checking like at the airport when anyone might get randomly searched at security. We just got unlucky that our account is now blocked from buying any more Disney Gift Cards at this time. I wonder how long the cards will be on sale and how long our block will be in place. Maybe I will try again in a day or so. Still happy to have saved some money, but would be happier to save more.

Great3

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, we feel lucky to have saved $150! Every bit counts, and that is quite a lot already.

Perhaps there is random account checking like at the airport when anyone might get randomly searched at security. We just got unlucky that our account is now blocked from buying any more Disney Gift Cards at this time. I wonder how long the cards will be on sale and how long our block will be in place. Maybe I will try again in a day or so. Still happy to have saved some money, but would be happier to save more.
Yep, I agree... Be happy and happier, not mad or sad!

Great3

Last edited: