• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Enjoy RCI but would like to add II without buying from a developer

enroll.king

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV
We bought 150,000 points from HICV when we stayed in Cape Canaveral in April 2021. I didn’t know about this Forum at that time and so I know after reading so much on this Forum that I paid way too much. I’ve accepted that loss but we actually didn’t feel huge pressure to buy. Over the past 30 years, we’ve attended many timeshare presentations and always said no but the points system makes a lot more sense to us than fixed weeks. Our daughter had a good way to put our purchase: the subscription model of vacations. Having our points forces us to take vacations.

Now to my question. We’ve attended a number of owner’s updates and generally have been refusing them lately because we don’t want to lose 1/2 day. When we were at Orange Lake last month, they finally agreed to limit it to one hour and they kept their word - and it was somewhat useful. We have enough points. We don’t want to do Signature. We love RCI and are in Cancun right now with RCI (mind you, I’m not lovin’ the huge booking fee increase RCI did this past year). We live in Canada and so I’m enticed to be able to use our points with Interval International (II) as they have a number of resorts in Canuckland. The question is: how can I be able to use my points with II without buying more points from the developer?

In the owner’s updates, they seem to have a minimum 25,000 point purchase to be able to use II and that costs around $6k USD. I understand that there are three “grandfathered” resorts where we can buy points on the resale market. Williamsburg is one HICV that is affiliated with II but I don’t think it is one of the 3 “grandfatered” resorts. If I get a small amount of points on the resale market that are with Williamsburg, can I then use all of my points to book with II? Would the developer allow us to bring in these points at no extra cost? Does anyone have any experience with this? I’d appreciate the help.

tony_i

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, WM, Elara
None of the 3 resorts that transfers as points have access to interval, and you will not get points with a Williamson resale.

I have a suggestion that opens interval, has great value there, and also opens the west coast to complement HICV... And actually this is what I did. Get a 10k+ Worldmark contract. Very similar program with lots of flexibility.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

enroll.king

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV
I thought Wyndham was exclusively RCI but I found this website that talks about II: https://worldmark.wyndhamdestinatio...iated with,II members with external exchanges.

That said, this website says this: “WorldMark was previously affiliated with II. Although the affiliation agreement with II has expired, WorldMark by Wyndham continues to service WorldMark owners who are II members with external exchanges.”

Does this mean that I can buy a resale WorldMark contract as long as the current owner has II? Do I need to deposit my HICV points in RCI and then move them to WorldMark to use in II?

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
II entry for me would be Marriott Platinum season or Sheraton, especially a lockoff unit, but I would stay away from anything in Orlando (my own opinion). .

tony_i

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, WM, Elara
Do I need to deposit my HICV points in RCI and then move them to WorldMark to use in II?

No, you cannot do it like that. With a Worldmark account (or Marriott/Vistana as suggested above), you will have two separate exchanges. With your HICV, you will use your club points for HICV stays, and/or exchange them through RCI, as you have been doing. With a 10k Worldmark contract, you can exchange for up to any available 2 bedroom unit through Interval, and/or use your credits (equivalent to the hicv points you are familiar with) for regular Worldmark stays.

Like I said, this way opens the west coast with worldmark stays (that HICV lacks) and opens interval exchanges. The only negative that I can think of is that you will not be able to combine the points/credits from the two companies for a single exchange.

Check out wmowners.com for lots of information on worldmark.

Rdub79

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Holliday Inn Club Vacations
No, you cannot do it like that. With a Worldmark account (or Marriott/Vistana as suggested above), you will have two separate exchanges. With your HICV, you will use your club points for HICV stays, and/or exchange them through RCI, as you have been doing. With a 10k Worldmark contract, you can exchange for up to any available 2 bedroom unit through Interval, and/or use your credits (equivalent to the hicv points you are familiar with) for regular Worldmark stays.

Like I said, this way opens the west coast with worldmark stays (that HICV lacks) and opens interval exchanges. The only negative that I can think of is that you will not be able to combine the points/credits from the two companies for a single exchange.

Check out wmowners.com for lots of information on worldmark.

Do you have to pay the Interval membership fee when you have worldmark or is it included in you worldmark fees? That’s the one nice thing about having a deed in the HICV that trades in II. You get your RCI and your II account included in your club fee. I would be interested to know the difference in trading power between HICV and worldmark in II. I have not been able to see some stuff listed in the sightings forum that is supposed to be out of preference.

tony_i

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, WM, Elara
Do you have to pay the Interval membership fee when you have worldmark or is it included in you worldmark fees? That’s the one nice thing about having a deed in the HICV that trades in II. You get your RCI and your II account included in your club fee. I would be interested to know the difference in trading power between HICV and worldmark in II. I have not been able to see some stuff listed in the sightings forum that is supposed to be out of preference.
Yes, there is a separate Interval Membership fee with Worldmark.

I have not been able to compare with anyone that has HICV II account, however, I think there is a points chart based on season and unit size. I would be interested to know the flexchage rate too.

Bmatrose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV Elite
Yes, there is a separate Interval Membership fee with Worldmark.

I have not been able to compare with anyone that has HICV II account, however, I think there is a points chart based on season and unit size. I would be interested to know the flexchage rate too.
you want to see the hicv/II chart?