• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Home - now with II (I assume dual affiliated)

GrayFal

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
I would not have sold my unit last year if I knew this was coming :doh:

Fitzpatrick Castle Holiday Homes
Dublin, Ireland
FTZ
Exchange

(Silver Resort)

Check-In Days
Saturday
Sleeping Capacity
1 3 4
2 6 6
Nearest Airport
Dublin/DUB 18 Miles / 29 KM
Contact Information
Hill Park
Killiney Hill Road
Killiney, County Dublin
Ireland
1-230-5400
www.fchh.ie

Amenities
Map
Weather
Fitzpatrick Castle Holiday Homes has nine upscale self-catering apartments set on the grounds of Dublin's Fitzpatrick Castle Hotel. Guests enjoy access to all of the hotel's facilities, and there are many golf courses nearby. Walk up Killiney Hill and take in panoramic views of Dublin Bay, fish and stroll along Killiney Beach, visit Dalkey Village with its gourmet restaurants, and sail the waters by the seaport of Dun Laoghaire. Dublin City is a 20-minute train ride away and Dublin International Airport and the ferry to the UK, the Isle of Man, and Cherbourg are easily accessible.

NEW MEMBER RESORT

beejaybeeohio

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Best Place in the US to see the April 2024 Eclipse
Resorts Owned
Peekn'Peak's Greenwood Forest NY
Interesting

I received my maintenance bill for next year from FC but there was no notice (or at least I didn't notice) of affiliation with II. I do recall reading that FC had retained the Gold Crown rating with RCI.

Of late have been unhappy with both RCI and DAE as far as being able to obtain trades I want, e.g. the UK and NZ, so it will be nice to have the option of joining II.

Also am considering FC's renting our unit, which would bring in about $400 over our maintenance fee IF it is rented.

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Why not try TUG Marketplace?

LLW

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would not have sold my unit last year if I knew this was coming :doh:

Fitzpatrick Castle Holiday Homes
Dublin, Ireland
FTZ
Exchange

(Silver Resort)

Check-In Days
Saturday
Sleeping Capacity
1 3 4
2 6 6
Nearest Airport
Dublin/DUB 18 Miles / 29 KM
Contact Information
Hill Park
Killiney Hill Road
Killiney, County Dublin
Ireland
1-230-5400
www.fchh.ie

Amenities
Map
Weather
Fitzpatrick Castle Holiday Homes has nine upscale self-catering apartments set on the grounds of Dublin's Fitzpatrick Castle Hotel. Guests enjoy access to all of the hotel's facilities, and there are many golf courses nearby. Walk up Killiney Hill and take in panoramic views of Dublin Bay, fish and stroll along Killiney Beach, visit Dalkey Village with its gourmet restaurants, and sail the waters by the seaport of Dun Laoghaire. Dublin City is a 20-minute train ride away and Dublin International Airport and the ferry to the UK, the Isle of Man, and Cherbourg are easily accessible.

NEW MEMBER RESORT

Sounds nice! Time to re-think an Ireland/Scotland trip! :) Would it be OK for people who are walking-challenged? How's the parking situation?

beejaybeeohio

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Best Place in the US to see the April 2024 Eclipse
Resorts Owned
Peekn'Peak's Greenwood Forest NY
FC for the walking challenged

Sounds nice! Time to re-think an Ireland/Scotland trip! :) Would it be OK for people who are walking-challenged? How's the parking situation?

There is parking. As I recall it is a few steps up to the entrance of the timeshare building, but once in the building there is a lift. The adjacent hotel has a couple of restaurants. Parking in Dalkey to catch the DART train into Dublin may be limited, but you could catch it in Killiney.

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enchanted Isle.
There is a ramp way into the timeshare building from the parking lot. We used public transportation, there is a bus that runs every hour to and from Dublin Airport to Fitzpatrick's Castle. Walking is challenging but there are cabs or you can rent a car, free parking on site. We love Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes!

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
II press release Fitzpatrick Castle Holiday Homes

from: http://www.iilg.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=223490&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=1993053

News Release

Interval International Welcomes Fitzpatrick Castle Holiday Homes to its Global Vacation Exchange Network

LONDON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Nov. 25, 2014-- Interval International, a prominent worldwide provider of vacation services and an operating business of Interval Leisure Group (Nasdaq: IILG), announced the affiliation of nine of the Fitzpatrick Castle Holiday Homes in the Irish village of Killiney, 20 minutes south of the city centre of Dublin. Set on a hillside within the grounds of the 18th century Fitzpatrick Castle Hotel, the luxury apartments offer full access to the four-star hotel's facilities, which include two award-winning restaurants and an indoor swimming pool.

"Fitzpatrick Castle Holiday Homes are a natural extension of the family-run Castle Hotel's 43-year tradition of exceptional hospitality," said Darren Ettridge, Interval’s senior vice president resort sales and business development Europe, Middle East, Africa and Asia. "In addition to being a historic landmark in its own right, the hotel is a conference centre and popular wedding venue, renowned for its spectacular setting.”

Surrounded by beautifully landscaped gardens, the apartments are a short stroll from Killiney Hill affording panoramic views of Dublin Bay and 121 hectares (300 acres) of unspoiled parkland, as well as Killiney Beach and Dalkey village, a short drive away. In addition to a 20-metre (65-foot) heated swimming pool, owners and guests can enjoy the hotel’s gym that offers fitness classes, a sauna, steam room, whirlpool, and a full-service beauty salon. The on-site restaurants offer gourmet and casual dining options, and a bar and relaxing lounge overlook the grounds, which include a Victorian Park.

Fitzpatrick Castle Holiday Homes are elegantly furnished and outfitted to the highest standard. The one-bedroom apartments can comfortably accommodate up to four people and the two-bedrooms are roomy enough for six. Eight of the units have a private balcony or large terrace, a spacious living and dining area, fully equipped kitchen, and separate utility room. En-suite amenities include flat screen TVs in the lounge and master bedroom, a DVD player, telephone, Wi-Fi and intercom. Fitzpatrick Castle Holiday Homes are part of a development of 54 apartments, the majority of which are in private ownership.

"Owning or exchanging to one of our self-catering apartments is an ideal way to experience the peace and beauty of the Irish countryside, without being too far from the culture and nightlife of Dublin," said Eithne Fitzpatrick Scott-Lennon, chairperson of Fitzpatrick Castle Holiday Homes. "We look forward to expanding our community to include owners and vacationers who visit us via exchange through our affiliation with Interval International."

Fitzpatrick Castle Holiday Homes are an hour's drive from Dublin's airport, which is served by a year-round hourly coach service, and 17 kilometres (10 miles) south of Dublin's city centre, with easy access via Dublin Area Rapid Transit (DART).

Existing owners will become Club Interval Gold members, entitling them to trade their week or convert it to points for maximum exchange flexibility. They also have access to a number of upgraded benefits and services that they can enjoy year-round, including discounts on Getaway holiday rentals, membership of the Gourmet Society, Hertz Gold Plus Rewards membership, and VIP Concierge for year-round personal assistance.

About Interval International

Interval International operates membership programmes for vacationers and provides value-added services to its developer clients worldwide. Based in Miami, Florida, the company has been a pioneer and innovator in serving the vacation ownership market since 1976. Today, Interval has an exchange network of approximately 2,900 resorts in more than 80 nations. Through offices in 16 countries, Interval offers high-quality products and benefits to resort clients and about 2 million families who are enrolled in various membership programmes. Interval is an operating business of Interval Leisure Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: IILG), a leading global provider of membership and leisure services to the vacation industry.

Source: Interval Leisure Group

Interval International Limited
Michael Myers, +44 (0) 20 8336 9515
Group Director of Marketing and Travel
Email: michael.myers@intervalintl.com

Since most resorts don't convert members to a points program without expecting additional money I would guess that the conversion is optional and dependent on paying a fee and that if owners don't pay they would stay in RCI.

They may not have mentioned it to existing owners yet because they want to do it face to face for the hard sell. Look for upcoming announcements about "exciting new opportunities to join II and there much more flexible points system."

Last edited:

FLDVCFamily

TUG Member
Reaction score
This place sounds fascinating. Would it be a good place to stay for a US family with 2 elementary-aged kids? My kids would be fascinated by a castle I think.

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enchanted Isle.
Sent you a PM

Quiet Pine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Desert Oasis
II Says FTZ Not Available

I saw this on TUG and in the magazine that lists newly-affiliated resorts.

Today when I put in a request, I was told that FTZ is not available for me. Guess I can phone II and ask for an explanation. Rats, I'd gotten excited about the property being a train ride from Dublin.

Anyone else have any success with an II exchange?

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I saw this on TUG and in the magazine that lists newly-affiliated resorts.

Today when I put in a request, I was told that FTZ is not available for me. Guess I can phone II and ask for an explanation. Rats, I'd gotten excited about the property being a train ride from Dublin.

Anyone else have any success with an II exchange?

Let us know what they say when you call.

Please remember that this is 9 unit (6 2BR, 3 1 BR) timeshare. Your best bet is to rent from an owner or directly from the resort.

Quiet Pine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Desert Oasis
FTZ is not available for me.

Phone message this morning from II says the problem has been fixed and FTZ is added to my request. Yup, it's there. I gave up sitting on hold to find out what had been fixed and sent an email (thank you Brian for the II email for TUGgers) and received this reply:
"In this example, it was simply a change that needed to be made in our resort information"

With only 9 units I won't hold my breath, but maybe stretching the request over 2 or 3 years will up my chances.

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Phone message this morning from II says the problem has been fixed and FTZ is added to my request. Yup, it's there. I gave up sitting on hold to find out what had been fixed and sent an email (thank you Brian for the II email for TUGgers) and received this reply:
"In this example, it was simply a change that needed to be made in our resort information"

With only 9 units I won't hold my breath, but maybe stretching the request over 2 or 3 years will up my chances.

The resort is occasionally available thru RCI...now with a dual affiliation there is always a chance.
Another option is to rent YOUR timeshare and then rent here.

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enchanted Isle.
Sent you a PM Quiet Pine

tashamen

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Embarc points (former Club Intrawest), Trapp Family Lodge
Reviving this thread as I was researching ts in Ireland available through II, and found that II's map shows Fitzpatrick Castle as being in the Netherlands! :wall:

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enchanted Isle.
No I own a week at Fitzpatrick's Castle it is in Killiney just outside Dublin, Ireland.

Sattva

TUG Member
Reaction score
Grayfal- how much did you sell it for? And what size/week was it??

I just bought week 26 and 27 in the largest 2BR at Stouts Hill House a 14 villa Gothic castlette in the Cotswolds outside London. 27 acres!

I am super super excited! Anyone been there?

Last edited:

tashamen

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Embarc points (former Club Intrawest), Trapp Family Lodge
No I own a week at Fitzpatrick's Castle it is in Killiney just outside Dublin, Ireland.

Of course I know that, but apparently II's map department doesn't! It still shows up in the Netherlands. :D

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enchanted Isle.
We are going to Fitzpatrick's Castle in June! Our favorite timeshare!
TerryC

LandLovers

TUG Member
Reaction score
Other than FC, does anyone know of an RCI resort that is centrally located as a nice home base? I’ve tried for years to exchange into FC and it was never available. We really want to see Ireland in the next couple of years. I tried renting my unit on the Tug site with no luck so I banked 3weeks with RCI and now they are in danger of expiring. We do not want to go to an all inclusive in Mexico, which seems they have an abundance of!
Any thoughts or advice is appreciated ~ Kim

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana, Waikoloa Bay Club, Hyatt Pinon Pt
Other than FC, does anyone know of an RCI resort that is centrally located as a nice home base? I’ve tried for years to exchange into FC and it was never available. We really want to see Ireland in the next couple of years. I tried renting my unit on the Tug site with no luck so I banked 3weeks with RCI and now they are in danger of expiring. We do not want to go to an all inclusive in Mexico, which seems they have an abundance of!
Any thoughts or advice is appreciated ~ Kim

Sorry, don't know what to tell ya about exchanging. I've seen a County Clare timeshare available, but it's in a more out of the way area. You might have better luck exchanging your units for Scotland or England.

Fitzpatrick Castle TS has a website where they rent out units.
https://fitzpatrickcastleholidayhomes.com/apartments/

I've looked at them for several months. They seem to have pretty good availability for
rental if you want to go to Dublin. From my research and travel talks I've been to,
visiting Ireland is best staying several days at a time in an area, then move on to the
next region. And there are mostly B&Bs in the scenic southwestern side of Ireland and
smaller towns. This site was recommended at some travel talks for looking up B&B rentals: www.bandbireland.com

Good luck!