• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Getting a website error saying "unit size does not meet the criteria"

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany Village
Bluegreen CMV UDI
RCI pts at VVParkway
Enchanted Isle resort.
Is anyone having issues booking on the HGVC site today or recently?
I am trying to book in SW FL and every time I get a good unit I get an error saying "unit size does not meet the criteria" keep looking,
instead of allowing me to book the unit.
Then of course the unit is gone.
I don't know if someone snagged the unit at the same time so that's why I am getting the error or if something is wrong with the site.
Anyone encounter this?
Thanks.

Chris.

ljmiii

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am trying to book in SW FL and every time I get a good unit I get an error saying "unit size does not meet the criteria" keep looking instead of allowing me to book the unit....Then of course the unit is gone.
I can tell you that sometimes the website thinks there is availability even when there isn't...and only doing the booking discovers this. And that (confusingly enough), sometimes when you call there actually *is* inventory (I know...not terribly useful when HGVC is closed). Also, "unit size does not meet the criteria" is often given as an error message even when the actual issue is something different.

I don't know how all this might wrap back into what you are seeing today though.

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany Village
Bluegreen CMV UDI
RCI pts at VVParkway
Enchanted Isle resort.
I can tell you that sometimes the website thinks there is availability even when there isn't...and only doing the booking discovers this. And that (confusingly enough), sometimes when you call there actually *is* inventory (I know...not terribly useful when HGVC is closed). Also, "unit size does not meet the criteria" is often given as an error message even when the actual issue is something different.

I don't know how all this might wrap back into what you are seeing today though.
Thanks. I guess I'll have to call because I lost 3 units today to this error.
I just assumed someone snagged it but didn't think to call.
I haven't been looking online in so long that I forget how we used to have to call to see Marco inventory. LOL

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am trying to book in SW FL and every time I get a good unit I get an error saying "unit size does not meet the criteria" keep looking,
Are you, perhaps, searching with a number of people that is above that allowed for the unit you're choosing, like 3 in a studio, for example, where 2 is the limit?

Cheers.

h2oflyboy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Centum+ w/ bHC NYC: W57th, The Residences; HGVC: Maui Bay, and Grand Islander; HVC: Cabo Azul
Is anyone having issues booking on the HGVC site today or recently?
Then of course the unit is gone.
I don't know if someone snagged the unit at the same time so that's why I am getting the error or if something is wrong with the site.
Anyone encounter this?
Thanks.

Chris.
Years ago, I was getting a similar response. the default search on my page was set to ADA rooms. I just manually changed that, and I was able to proceed.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
Are you, perhaps, searching with a number of people that is above that allowed for the unit you're choosing, like 3 in a studio, for example, where 2 is the limit?

Cheers.

If that is the issue, it's a defect because the number of people is supposed to filter the grid. When I need a 2br I set it to 6 and it only shows 2-3br units.

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany Village
Bluegreen CMV UDI
RCI pts at VVParkway
Enchanted Isle resort.
Years ago, I was getting a similar response. the default search on my page was set to ADA rooms. I just manually changed that, and I was able to proceed.
I noticed that and took it off and it still wasn't fixing the error. But thanks. I wonder why it's defaulting to ADA rooms.

chriskre

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- SSR, Poly,
Wyndham Las Cascadas
HGVC Tuscany Village
Bluegreen CMV UDI
RCI pts at VVParkway
Enchanted Isle resort.

Cheers.
I was searching all units but it was auto populating 2 people. Going to try again today and tomorrow and see if I can figure it out.