• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Going into transplant this week

Zac495

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you, everyone!!!!! I love you guys SO MUCH!!!
Amazing what started as a timeshare purchase (full price duh) led to such great friendships.
Love,
Ellen

Larry

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
My best wishes to you for a full recovery and continued good health to you and your family.:hi:

suzanne

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Ellen, I am so happy that it's over and you can start living your life again.

Suzanne

Zac495

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's TIME

Well my blood count went up to 800 today!!!! So the doctors disconnected all IV's and said if I don't spike a fever tonight I get to GO HOME TOMORROW.

I always said I never asked, “Why me?” because I was just so glad it wasn’t one of my kids. All of you moms and dads... can you imagine this horror happening to your child? Well, my mother emailed me in response to this nightmare coming to its conclusion. It’s so beautiful I want to share it with you. (Although now you will all know the secret – my real name isn’t Ellen).

Once upon a time, a party was held at 6 Lantern Lane, Media, PA, our home in those days, to celebrate Ellen's (then: "Eleanor's") two-year old birthday. Many little girls came, dressed in their party best, with ribbons and bows and Mary Jane patent-leather sandals. There were giant balloons and birthday cakes and the weather suddenly turned warm and sunny, with all the lingering iciness bleeding out of the soil leaving lots and lots of early spring orangey-brown mud in our backyard garden. And there was a tiny creek way at the back of this property (a place deer and pheasant ran through, thus of course giving me Lyme's Disease, but this unpleasant corollary I did not know at the time) so we all conceived the idea to run outside, balloons and all, down to the creek and throw pebbles and stones into it, all full of joy that Spring had come and that Elean-o-r had achieved the exalted State of Twoness. A great party, which Henry memorialized on videotape, perhaps you guys can find it though maybe we lost it -- and lost everything except our memories, of those times. And then the fine day ended with all the up-tight mothers coming to get their children all in a snit because the mud had utterly ruined their frocks and their Mary Jane black patent leather sandals.

So, only a week before about the 50th anniversary of that event, there will again be a sunny weekend at an Elean-o-r house, with all the optimism and joy of those early days, returned. And more wine too.
- Written by My Mom (not sure she wants her name posted)

ricoba

TUG Member
Reaction score
That is great news. :whoopie:

I bet it will feel great to be home again and in your own bed. :)

GrayFal

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
Ellen, thanks for sharing that story - so happy you will be heading home tomorrow.

MuranoJo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Happy Birthday again! What a wonderful story from your Mom.

kjsgrammy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Have been following all your posts and so glad to hear that everything turned out well! Wishing you great health in the future, and many more memories to be made!!!!!!!

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Ellen,
I hope you are reading this from home with a celebratory glass of wine (if permitted)! Our sincere wish and hope is for this chapter of your life to be written, folded up, and put away with all your great accomplishments. Worthy, buy not to be revisited.

Stay well my friend.

Jim

Jaybee

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ellen...Congratulations...for your spirit, and confidence, and your ability to face down the attacker with such courage and optimism. I've followed your journey with admiration, and I've been cheering from the sidelines.
I just feel so proud of you, though I had nothing to do with it, other than emotionally.
I love your mom's note to you. It's beautiful, and loving, and I thank you for sharing it.
My prayers will continue for your complete victory. XXXOOO Jean

JanT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ellen,

My heart is so full of joy and happiness for you!! Congratulations and I want you to know how much I admire you for how you faced this trial in your life. You are an example to us all. Congratulations again!!

Jan

LAX Mom

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Ellen,
Best wishes to you and your wonderful family! You look so happy in the pictures.
You've been an inspiration to your TUG friends. I've loved following your blog on carepages and I'm always so impressed by your positive attitude. Great story from your mom, thanks for sharing!

m61376

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club 2 & 3BRs
Hope you're reading this from home, safe and sound. Enjoy planning a great celebratory trip this summer!

pwrshift

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Manor Club - 3 weeks platinum, 2 weeks at Marriott Beachplace Towers, and 1 week at Marriott Canyon Villas
Hi Ellen ... so glad everything seems to be working out just fine for you. I'm not surprised. your positive attitude would beat anything. Congrats.

Brian

Beaglemom3

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ellen (where are you ????),

I just PM'd you. Please read and start planning !
So pleased with your progress.
You're getting there !!!!!

XOXO,
B

Last edited:

suesam

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yippeee!!!

So excited to read all of this good news Ellen!!
Sue