• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Golden Shore/Crown Paradise - Cancun

kbarfoot

Reaction score
I hope I am posting this in the correct forum. If not I apologize. I have na upcoming RCI exchange form my home resort to Golden Shore/Crown Paradise in Cancun. Has anyone stayed here before? Anything i should know about? I know it is an all inclusive and we will have to pay for this on arrival.Should I pay this with cash or credit card. It is myself, wife, our adult daughter and my mother. I hope this is a nice place. Over 20 yrs I have been pleased with most of my exchanges.

Kbars

Dave M

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I'm moving this to the Mexico forum.

The TUG Resort Reviews (see TUG Resort Databases link at the top of the page) include reviews for this resort, one of which is from a visit earlier this year. To access the reviews, you must join TUG ($15 - link at the very top right of any TUG page).

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
I've heard a lot of nice things about it. We have not been there, but have friends who went to the one in PV and loved it. Like most of the resorts in Cancun, it got a renovation because of the damage from Hurricane Wilma in October 2005. The A/I fee there is more reasonable than some. You should have a great time.

We generally use our credit cards at the resorts. We try to use the one with the lowest transaction fees. Since we seldom do A/I resorts, we use ATM's for cash for meals out. We really like to go to the local restaurants.

Last edited:

jschmidt

Reaction score
Should I pay this with cash or credit card.

Kbars

Most credit cards have a conversion charge. (Mexican pesos to U.S. dollars)

We recently got a Capital One card because they don't have the conversion charge. Capital One seems to send us an average of two invitations a month to get one of their cards.

Larry

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I hope I am posting this in the correct forum. If not I apologize. I have na upcoming RCI exchange form my home resort to Golden Shore/Crown Paradise in Cancun. Has anyone stayed here before? Anything i should know about? I know it is an all inclusive and we will have to pay for this on arrival.Should I pay this with cash or credit card. It is myself, wife, our adult daughter and my mother. I hope this is a nice place. Over 20 yrs I have been pleased with most of my exchanges.

Kbars

We were there several years ago and it was optional all inclusive at the time. We didn't take the all inclusive option since we enjoy eating out at the many choices of restaurants in Cancun and found the resort to be very nice and a lot of fun. Even though we were not in the all inclusive program we were able to take advantage of all of the amenities including nightly entertainment as well as fun activities by the pool every day. We took our son who was 16 at the time and they upgraded us from a studio to a 1BR 2 bathroom unit on the ground floor with a pretty decent kitchen from what I remeber.

I would stay there again and I understand it's been renovated since we were there so it should be even better. I would definently accept an exchange even though we have been spoiled in Cancun by getting into the Royal Mayan and club internationale the last time we were there. GS/CP is not in the same league as the royal resorts but it's still a very nice resort.:cheer: :banana: :hi:

chrislo

Reaction score
I was just there over labor day week with my husband and 2 yr old son. We had a good time, the staff was very friendly and our 1 bedroom suite was very large and comfortable for us. I thought the food was just ok. Everything I ate tasted fine, no body got sick but it didn't look that great and nothing really wowed me. Everyone around us was having a good time and we would go back.

I think you will have a good time.