• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Image Coming Soon

rc51

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Kings Land
I mean, this is just a rant and I just want to complain. To borrow from one of my favorite action movies of all time, HOW IN THE NAME OF ZUES'S BUTTHOLE does HGV not have room images for what always feels like 90% of its properties? I mean, how is that not on the minimum feature list for getting its properties listed??? I can think of literally no other hotel/rental sites where this happens.

Rant over.

holdaer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Parc Soleil, a HGVC
Paradise, a HGVC
Very good point.

What makes HGVC look like a bunch of idiots, is that you can find images of those same rooms on Hilton.com.

Sometimes images on Hilton.com are better than what is shown on HGVC website.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
People and corporations react to incentives. The images on Hilton.com are advertising that can result in booking for $$$. On the HGVC website, they already have the $$$. I’m not surprised where the better images show up first.

ljmiii

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I mean, this is just a rant and I just want to complain. To borrow from one of my favorite action movies of all time, HOW IN THE NAME OF ZUES'S BUTTHOLE does HGV not have room images for what always feels like 90% of its properties?
For my HGVC stays I often go to hilton.com for additional information...as @Eric B wrote the hotel side has an incentive to provide potential guests info that might help them make a booking (and then not cancel it). If it's any consolation, MVC has the same issue...I often go to marriott.com to get info.

But if you truly mean all of HGV's properties including the ex-Diamond (and Embarc and Bluegreen) resorts and not just HGVC/bHC I would be shocked if we saw full information before 2030...;-)

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
In addition to the lack of floor plans, the unit descriptions are not helpful at all. The units are always "spacious" and the living/dining areas are always "generous." Even the 740 sq. ft. 2BR units at McAlpin-Ocean Plaza are "spacious," with "generous" living/dining areas. To be fair, in one place the units are described as "cozy."

The 624 sq. ft. 2BR units at HVC Crescent on South Beach, next door to McAlpin, are also "spacious," although the living-dining area is not described as "generous."

However, the worst website omission for the three South Beach buildings is that you can't drive to them. That is not revealed until you get the reservation confirmation.

Last edited:

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
People and corporations react to incentives. The images on Hilton.com are advertising that can result in booking for $$$. On the HGVC website, they already have the $$$. I’m not surprised where the better images show up first.

But, since they already have the images, why not put them on the HGVC website? A low level IT guy should be able to handle that.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
But, since they already have the images, why not put them on the HGVC website? A low level IT guy should be able to handle that.
Not a bad idea, if you ask me, but do low level IT guys cost money…?

rc51

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Kings Land
But if you truly mean all of HGV's properties including the ex-Diamond (and Embarc and Bluegreen) resorts and not just HGVC/bHC I would be shocked if we saw full information before 2030...;-)

I did mean HGVC, my error, I don't have any experience with the other properties. It just strikes me as both embarrassing for HGVC and super annoying for me. I'd really like to not go hunt around on a different website for PICTURES OF A ROOM.

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Not a bad idea, if you ask me, but do low level IT guys cost money…?

Additional duties and responsibilities for a low level IT guy they already have! :cool:

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
... A low level IT guy should be able to handle that.
But the IT guy also needs to be competent,
something HGVC is not known for having.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
In reality, photos should be able to uploaded through some type of user interface that doesn't require an IT person at all.

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
Actually, everyone at HGV is too busy pushing HgvMax to worry about fixing HGVC website.