• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

International flights with a stroller

bellesgirl

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
My daughter will be visiting from London with our new granddaughter. She is flying on Delta and knows she can take the stroller to the gate and gate check it. But she is under the impression, on the return flight to London, that she will not get the stroller back until baggage claim. This is a concern since she will be traveling alone. Does anyone know if this is the case?

antjmar

Reaction score
My daughter will be visiting from London with our new granddaughter. She is flying on Delta and knows she can take the stroller to the gate and gate check it. But she is under the impression, on the return flight to London, that she will not get the stroller back until baggage claim. This is a concern since she will be traveling alone. Does anyone know if this is the case?
cant answer your question but FYI I was told that airline carriers are not responsible for damage to strollers. Jetblue damaged our brand new stroller. If I had known I would have taken an old one on the trip...

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
My experience has been that strollers, along with wheelchairs, are delivered to the jetway or planeside. What good would it do for either of those to go to the carousel if needed by a passenger? Check with Delta.

Jim

x3 skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Steamboat Grand, The West,
Raintree and, formerly, The Allen House
Every time my kids have flown with a stroller, it was gate checked and either on the jet bridge (or plane side if no jet bridge) when they arrived.

Same thing with my wife's scooter.

These were all domestic flights so follow the advice and call Delta. I know of no reason why International would be different than Domestic.

Cheers

bellesgirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
I did call Delta and they told me the stroller would be available at the gate. However, this article is consistent with what my daughter has heard: "The safety of infant and toddlers arriving at London Heathrow terminal 1 can be put at risk because of a row over Health and Safety regulations.

Couples and single parents traveling with infant and toddlers arriving at Heathrow Terminal 1 may be forced to have to carry their children without a stroller for up to half a mile. The unthinkable welcome treat relates to a stance on Health and Safety regulation by luggage handler Menzies Aviation."

I don't think she is arriving at Terminal 1, but.. That is why I was wondering if anyone had first hand experience.

JulieAB

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lifetime in Hawaii, Disney's Grand Californian
This is why I love my baby carrier! I just wear my daughter. Consider picking up a cheap stroller at walmart when she gets here or used on craigslist. The $20 is probably worth not having to worry about the nice stroller being crushed, lost, or not available at the gate.

jehb2

TUG Member
Reaction score
My daughter will be visiting from London with our new granddaughter...

If she's an infant a cheap stroller won't work. And if she's a newborn most baby carriers aren't very practical if you're trying to grab luggage off a conveyer belt with a baby strapped to you.

But here's my favorite: ergobaby.com

Last edited:

JulieAB

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lifetime in Hawaii, Disney's Grand Californian
If she's an infant a cheap stroller won't work. And if she's a newborn most baby carriers aren't very practical if you're trying to grab luggage off a conveyer belt with a baby strapped to you.

But here's my favorite: ergobaby.com

A cheap graco off Craigslist or from a second hand store is easily found for a small baby. And I've, personally, had no problem managing all the bags with the baby on me. It was actually easier than trying to push the stroller too.

brigechols

TUG Member
Reaction score
She should call Delta. I had an experience with SAS on an international flight. While we gate checked the twin stroller when departing the US, we had to check it as baggage for our connecting flight in Oslo. There were no courtesy carts available so I used a wheelchair to carry the twins to the gate.