• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

interval international platinum membership

alexb

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Craigendarroch Scotland,Marriott Grande Chateau,pga golf village
last week i renewed my interval platinum membership to july 2025 when i look at getaways it wants to charge me for guest certificates no mention of 5 free?
anyone seen this before

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
I remember someone saying that Getaways are different from exchanges. I could be wrong.

I hope they don't get rid of those GC's for platinum. I have many years of platinum built up, so if they do get rid of it, I would hope to get those based on the terms at the time I bought platinum.

2rebecca

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just tried booking a getaway and it shows $0.00 as the price of a guest certificate. It also notes that I have 5 or 5 GC's remaining for the year. I'd trying calling II to see if they can help.

alexb

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
thanks will call in the morning

StaceyM

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have a getaway booked and on my account's Getaways tab it is asking me if I want to add a guest certificate and tells me how many free guest certificates I have remaining.

Stupid question: Does your platinum start in July 2024? Or did they sign you up for more than a year?

alexb

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
no i already had it was running out in july 2024 so renewed to july 2025 put says 0 free guest certificates

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
II Platinum members getaway have been reduce from fifty (50) dollars incentives to a lower amount.

BJRSanDiego

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sands of Kahana, Desert Springs I, DSV2, Shadow Ridge Enclaves Dlx
II Platinum members getaway have been reduce from fifty (50) dollars incentives to a lower amount.
I just checked and I still see that I get $50 off from the standard member price because of my "exalted" status.

2rebecca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Really? Mine are still showing as $50 off the basic membership price.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Did you use 5 guest certificates in your current year of Platinum? If so, the new ones won't get added until it actually renews in July.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Did you use 5 guest certificates in your current year of Platinum? If so, the new ones won't get added until it actually renews in July
I just checked and I still see that I get $50 off from the standard member price because of my "exalted" status.
correction, I‘m now seeing $50 off for Platinum members.

callwill

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just upped to platinum membership a couple weeks ago basically just for the 5 free guest certs and the 50 discount off getaways. Family get together at a resort and used 3 of the 5 all in the same day along with the 50 discount. No plan to renew in a year from then.

alexb

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
yes i used all the current ones thanks that would explain it