• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Just Gotta Brag!

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
how can a marriott voa pull ii inventory when she does not work for interval?

The DC trust is an II member just like us. Marriott can make an exchnage with II just like you or I.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
how can a marriott voa pull ii inventory when she does not work for interval?

The DC trust is an II member just like us. Marriott can make an exchnage with II just like you or I.

I don't know exactly how they can do it but it appears dioxide is correct about one reason why they can. However it works, the FAQ on my-vacationclub.com makes it clear that DC Member requests can be fulfilled by II inventory:
Where will the inventory come from to fulfill vacation reservations within the Marriott Vacation Club Collection?
Inventory throughout the Marriott Vacation Club Collection will be available for reservations for Enrolled Owners via other Marriott Vacation Club Owners who enroll their weeks and elect Vacation Club Points, and non-enrolled Owners who trade their usage for Marriott Rewards points or exchange their week through membership in Interval International.

What are the new Collections and vacation options?
... The Marriott Vacation Club Collection includes all of the Marriott Vacation Club resorts worldwide.

winger

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi Dioxide and Sue. I do understand it works as how you posted. I misundetstood Sue's post in that Marriott had a leg up on us regular II members, that MVCI could jump ahead in line (for exchange requests) at will.

puckmanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Good afternoon..
An interesting dichotomy.....

If you exchange thru II, you cannot rent the unit....

If MVCI exchanges Trust inventory to get II inventory to fulfill exchange requests from DC club,they are in fact "renting". They are accepting currency,in this case DC points for a unit obtained from II....

Of course,MVCI is jumping the line, they are now II,s biggest customer..MVCI can give primo trust weeks,multiple mud weeks for a primo week and promise continued bulk deposits....

This is why I joined dc...I want to be on the winning team in a tilted game...

Just booked march 2012 at park city on dc points....x

nanceetom

TUG Member
Reaction score
We were really pleased also. Couldn't get our lockout for Aruba ocean club. First time we tried since 1998, and couldn't get it. We kept our studio and got a 1 bedroom through II. Not sure how, but II agent was able to get our studio turned into a 1 bedroom also.