• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Just Purchase My First Time Share

hvanv0405

TUG Member
Reaction score
You are LUCKY... I wish we had been so fortunate to find TUG before or right after we got suckered.

Sadly we signed with WKORVN and didn't know about the recind details until a week after it was too late. Thankful it's Maui and it sort of forces us to go back every other year, it still makes me sick to know what we paid developers when the same unit/week is $5K on Reweek :(

rgong

TUG Member
Reaction score
I appreciate all of your advice. I still would like to purchase a timeshare but next time I will do all of my homework first. I feel VERY fortunate to have found TUG!

Mushpounder, sometimes it's better to be lucky than good. I recently signed a purchase agreement with HGVC in Orlando, stumbled onto the TUG msg board 8 days after that, and rescinded on day 9 with one day left. Whew. And no there was no specific "form" in my purchase agreement for rescinding (no way they're going to make it easy), but there was enough language about rescinding buried in the middle of the purchase agreement that I knew what to do - that plus Denise M's post on how to rescind. I sent the letter by certified mail AND faxed it to the same agent who prepared all the paperwork for the original agreement. No phone calls, like Denise said.

Now I assume my rescission cleared because no further charges have shown up on my CC... just waiting for HGVC to refund the down payment (fingers crossed).

And like many others have advised, I'm going to take my time, read the TUG boards, and research the various options and timeshare programs. With NO sales pressure ("If you sign today, we'll give you xxxx bonus points"). I still think a timeshare program - probably HGVC - is the way to go for us, but there's no rush, and there are plenty of resale options to choose from. I totally share your sentiment - we were both very fortunate to find TUG in the nick of time.

Best of luck to you,
Rich G