• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Just purchased Diamond Resorts points. Good deal or not?

J

JoeMid

Here one more stupid victim checking in.
In mid April I bought 4500 points for $15k with ownership at Point of Poipu Kauai with maintenance of $900/y.
Just like somebody above was describing I was convinced by tons of printouts from on-line booking showing 7 days in 2 bedroom with kitchens in April at Point of Poipu resort for 4200-4500 points with late booking of 59 days or less. I figured that is a good deal for $900 a year. It is $128/night - half price of places like Kiahuna Plantation where I stayed before in 2b with kitchen.
Came home logged in and realized that the printouts the salesman was showing me were a fake. I checked availability and there is no vacancies in the whole island for the next 10 months and the first vacancy goes for 14000-15000 points. With my 4500 points I can only dream of going to Hawaii ever on DRI plan. That 15000 points for 7 days costs over 2000 points per day. I can buy 2 days with my 4500 points giving me the price per day of over $450 with my maintenance fee of $900. What a deal!

I have been scammed.
I called them, tried to rescind - to late, tried to post on their forums which was denied. I called them - and yes, they confirmed that I have been scammed - they can't promise anything and they never did - and they are right - I signed it.
I already paid my first maintenance fee so my total is $16k now for 2 days that I can book in April 2010. With that daily rate this will be me last maintenance I will pay. So this will be a record - $16k for two days in Poipu.
I can't sell it - no one will pay $1 for it.

I think that one option is to try to forget about that incident of my utmost stupidity and get on with my life. The other is to ask you people to send me your emails and I will look for a lawyer to file a joint suit against DRI for misrepresentation and general damages. Sent your emails to pzi@pzi.net if you feel like me and I will setup a web site where you can register your complaint and I will keep you up to date on the legal action.

-Peter, pzi@pzi.net, Denver CO
Peter,
They have more lawyers on staff, well versed in everything timeshare, than you and anyone you find to join you could ever hope to hire for reasonable fees. As you said, you signed it, and nothing you signed guaranteed anything like you say you were shown. If everyone could go where they wanted to go when they wanted to go for half price points then there would have to be twice as much inventory in the system than there is. Just think about it, it can't work for everyone like they twist it.

You can get lucky and your chances may be much better on last minute half price stuff going through Interval International.

nightnurse613

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
They will credit your AmEx card in 2-3 weeks. :confused: How thoughtful. It seems to me that they have developed a new program to make money, keep YOUR money as long as possible. I hope you get it back without having to call them. I canceled a transaction on the 8th of June. I was called the very next day by two separate people who acknowledged the cancellation and asked for 7-10 days. Today I got a call from DRI saying there had been a GLITCH and they would be processing the credit shortly (10 days later). Unfortunately this just fuels my husband's contention that dealing with DRI is like giving birth to an elephant. :wall:

Happytravels

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We are down to three!!
DRI scottsdale villa Mirage

This is also a DRI resort. We went on the presentation also (Tuesday June 15)...we came here about 10 years ago or so. They offered us 5500 points their start asking price was around $26,000.00. They never went lower as we where not interested and we think they knew it. They told us so many lies we couldn't beleive. For one thing some of the information they showed us was over two years old. The cheap getaways where within the 45 day window. We can already get the last calls through RCI. Of course we did not buy...we have been TUG members for more then four years and it has been worth it's weight in GOLD. I know now to only buy resale and to search for more then a year...the deal they offered you will alway be there tomorrow. RECIND NOW before it is too late!!!!

Last edited:

carl2591

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Joined TUG '96, Wyndham Grand Palms AKA, Presidential Villas at Plantation Resort, 3 bed lockout.
DRInewbie

be sure to check you credit card statement coming up.. if not on there call to see what is going on.. DO NOT , i repeat DO NOT allow more than 50 days to go by from the original date of the charge.. if you have not gotten the credit on your account, no matter what they say, file in writing a dispute on the charge.. that will preserve your rights.. THAT IS THE ONLY WAY TO PRESERVE YOUR RIGHTS>..

if you do not and the credit get "misplaced" you will never see it..

not that a time share sales place would "lie to your face" but just to be safe.. :)

good luck and welcome to the wild side..

now go and join tug and learn about Timeshare, the real story..