• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Latest RCI Promotions - Ongoing Thread

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Flamingo & Anderson Ocean Club
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies
Not a lot of discounted exchange fees thus far in 2024 (I have a sense they are coming), but they are starting to roll back trading power for close-in inventory that has accumulated.

RCI Weeks:

1704832015066.png

Screenshot of availability as of today:

1704832094149.png

1704832130152.png

RCI Points Version of the Promo

1704832205495.png

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
vacation village parkway and links golf and raquet
I would hope they offer a similar discount for us Canadians. Right now the 1 yr renewal is $176.Cndn and the 5 yr renewal isnt even an option.
I wonder if RCI would refund any unused years if we get rid of our timeshares and dont want to use the Last Calls & EVs.

~Diane
if you cancel your membership and have time remaining they refund the remainder

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies
RCI would do themselves well to pay some attention to what is said on TUG. They put such a focus on marketing and strategy, but really do not appear to listen to their customers very well or worry about maintaining their core business. I am not a hater, and get some value from my membership. I would like to be a fan and talk them up, but they just don't seem to get the need to try to do a little better for the customers they have.

Why not deal more fairly with Canadians and the exchange rate? (Would it cost them that much?)

Why not do some simple tweaks/updates/bug fixes on the website that would make it much more usable?

Would it be that hard for them to listen to us?

#NewShapeofTravel

callwill

TUG Member
Reaction score
RCI would do themselves well to pay some attention to what is said on TUG. They put such a focus on marketing and strategy, but really do not appear to listen to their customers very well or worry about maintaining their core business. I am not a hater, and get some value from my membership. I would like to be a fan and talk them up, but they just don't seem to get the need to try to do a little better for the customers they have.

Why not deal more fairly with Canadians and the exchange rate? (Would it cost them that much?)

Why not do some simple tweaks/updates/bug fixes on the website that would make it much more usable?

Would it be that hard for them to listen to us?

#NewShapeofTravel
I think the first step should be how searches are handled. You have to wait while it loads the whole world. If they narrowed it from the start by asking where first i think the process would be snappier. The one window at a time thing is also annoying.

jp10558

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Seaworld
Wyndham Smoky Mountains
RCI would do themselves well to pay some attention to what is said on TUG. They put such a focus on marketing and strategy, but really do not appear to listen to their customers very well or worry about maintaining their core business. I am not a hater, and get some value fr
Honestly, RCI needs to figure out how to lower rather than raise exchange fees IMHO. They either don't explain why they're so expensive and I can't actually imagine why, or they need to improve their automation. It basically seems like plenty of web platforms like ebay, amazon marketplace, walmart third party sellers and many more can do pretty much all an exchange company does for the end users for somewhere south of $3 a transaction.

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Not a lot of discounted exchange fees thus far in 2024 (I have a sense they are coming), but they are starting to roll back trading power for close-in inventory that has accumulated.

RCI Weeks:

View attachment 86868

The original promotion was to book by 1/12 (today). It appears the promotion has now been extended to "book by" 1/15.

1705071577504.png

Not sure if this is good for those searching for bargains or if it is merely a delay in discounting exchange fees. In addition to starting this thread to spread the word on RCI discounting, it should also create a record to help with pattern recognition in how RCI does their promotions.

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I meant to post this earlier. Book by 3/1/24 for travel through 6/30/24.

RCI Weeks:

1706625057329.png

Availability as of today:

1706625125296.png

1706625157810.png

RCI Points Version:

1706625239895.png

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Current RCI promo on Vidanta.

$189 USD / $289 CAD [not consistent in images below on USD/CAD] exchange fee, resort fee waived, and they are saying you can get 1 of 50 add-on packages for free.

IMG_2608.jpeg

IMG_2609.jpeg

Also reportedly having a $349 USD / $507 CAD getaway Vidanta special.

Note: poster may have missed some fine print and is not attesting to this being a bargain.

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

PamMo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Current RCI promo on Vidanta.

$189 USD / $289 CAD [not consistent in images below on USD/CAD] exchange fee, resort fee waived, and they are saying you can get 1 of 50 add-on packages for free.

View attachment 88893

View attachment 88894

Also reportedly having a $349 USD / $507 CAD getaway Vidanta special.

Note: poster may have missed some fine print and is not attesting to this being a bargain.

Going through the Raintree RCI portal, I still see the standard fees applied to reservations 2BR/$550/wk, 1BR/$400/wk, Hotel/$250/wk. But, now you can book multiple weeks and get guest certificates. Here's the fine print on that.

GREAT NEWS: For A LIMITED time, an exception to this rule allows members to travel back into this resort through a check-in date of October 31, 2024. The resort is also allowing additional multiple or consecutive units & guest certificates. The resort allows multiple or consecutive units and guest certificates added, however, the resort fee applies to all additional units, guest certificates, and 1IN3 waiver confirmations is USD $500 per Hotel unit, USD $800 per 1-bedroom unit, and USD $1100 per 2-bedroom unit. These fees are per unit, per reservation. Multiple units require a guest certificate starting with the second unit. Joint members MUST contact RCI before making your reservation for special instructions. Prepay the resort fee 48 hours after the unit is confirmed, by accessing the email sent by Vidanta Resorts with instructions to pay it online.​

jp10558

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Seaworld
Wyndham Smoky Mountains
Going through the Raintree RCI portal, I still see the standard fees applied to reservations 2BR/$550/wk, 1BR/$400/wk, Hotel/$250/wk. But, now you can book multiple weeks and get guest certificates. Here's the fine print on that.

GREAT NEWS: For A LIMITED time, an exception to this rule allows members to travel back into this resort through a check-in date of October 31, 2024. The resort is also allowing additional multiple or consecutive units & guest certificates. The resort allows multiple or consecutive units and guest certificates added, however, the resort fee applies to all additional units, guest certificates, and 1IN3 waiver confirmations is USD $500 per Hotel unit, USD $800 per 1-bedroom unit, and USD $1100 per 2-bedroom unit. These fees are per unit, per reservation. Multiple units require a guest certificate starting with the second unit. Joint members MUST contact RCI before making your reservation for special instructions. Prepay the resort fee 48 hours after the unit is confirmed, by accessing the email sent by Vidanta Resorts with instructions to pay it online.​
So if I understand correctly - if you're going the first time in a 2BR, it'd be $550, but if you went a second time or added a second week it'd be $550 + $1100? That's not much of a deal IMHO. (The first is fine, but not $349 deal lol.

EDIT: I also really don't get the whole 1 in 3 limits - like you're trying to move these weeks or else they wouldn't be in RCI right? Why limit who can *give you money* lol.

PamMo

TUG Member
Reaction score
So if I understand correctly - if you're going the first time in a 2BR, it'd be $550, but if you went a second time or added a second week it'd be $550 + $1100? That's not much of a deal IMHO. (The first is fine, but not $349 deal lol.

EDIT: I also really don't get the whole 1 in 3 limits - like you're trying to move these weeks or else they wouldn't be in RCI right? Why limit who can *give you money* lol.

I totally get the confusion. Vidanta and RCI work in mysterious ways. I think the first week is charged the lower fees, but after that you’re charged the higher fees.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
I wonder how many people book an exchange with their trading power and exchange fee of $299 and then arrive to the resort to discover daily fees charged now by Hilton and Diamond (probably others). I don't see a bunch of inventory sitting online at the Hiltons in Orlando. $25 per day for fees is too much for me, when it also costs a lot of trading power.

Of course, I would consider booking, if it was 15 or less TPU's. I can book Marriott or Disney or even Bonnet Creek. I don't need to pay these daily fees. I complain all of the time about the fees. I am sure you are all tired of it. :)

Last edited:

PamMo

TUG Member
Reaction score
No, @rickandcindy23, you’re not alone. I HATE resort fees and all the other junk fees. I look very carefully at the small print, but have been surprised a couple of times.

WaikikiFirst

Reaction score
really don't get the whole 1 in 3 limits
I don't use RCI. I have never been to Vidanta. It seems pretty obvious to me. from what I read, Vidanta is known for having relatively low "sticker prices" given the quality. from what I read, Vidanta is known for seriously HARD-sell sales tactics toward its "guests". So, if someone didn't buy last yr or the yr before, why let them come back? They need a steady supply of FRESH MEAT. but, what do I know?
tldr: they make money selling memberships, not charging $550/wk for "guests"

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I wonder how many people book an exchange with their trading power and exchange fee of $399 and then arrive to the resort to discover daily fees charged now by Hilton and Diamond (probably others).

Oh, no!!! Did I miss the update that they had jacked the exchange fee up to $399 from $299?

Wouldn't shock me.

jp10558

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Seaworld
Wyndham Smoky Mountains
I don't use RCI. I have never been to Vidanta. It seems pretty obvious to me. from what I read, Vidanta is known for having relatively low "sticker prices" given the quality. from what I read, Vidanta is known for seriously HARD-sell sales tactics toward its "guests". So, if someone didn't buy last yr or the yr before, why let them come back? They need a steady supply of FRESH MEAT. but, what do I know?
tldr: they make money selling memberships, not charging $550/wk for "guests"
I meant more generally, though I'm not sure if it applies to extra vacations or not. I guess for trades it doesn't help the resort any having the room occupied. But for Extra Vacations, they're getting some money vs no money on an otherwise potentially empty room. Vidanta may well have enough people coming that it'll get filled either way. I'm more thinking like Manusseten (sp?) or some of the Williamsburg ones that seem to have plenty of inventory off season at least that makes me doubt they're filling the units. Personal experience at several of these with the rules - they may claimed they're booked up, and I guess maybe they are, but there's almost no one actually at the resort. I suppose they might hope this will make you buy an ownership there to go more often than every 3-4 years, but I guess I'd be surprised if that actually happens a lot.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Oh, no!!! Did I miss the update that they had jacked the exchange fee up to $399 from $299?

Wouldn't shock me.
I corrected it.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We received a trade match for a Hilton Head resort on Maui through RCI that is actually a Marriott, Monarch at Sea Pines, for 8/31. If we didn't have a plan to stay on Kauai for early August, it would be an easy decision to keep the week. We are older and time changes that drastic (six hours) are becoming difficult. Maybe if we drove to Hilton Head and took our time with the drive, we would be alright. I need to use trade power, so that is why I am considering it. Rick has no idea what I am thinking. I am afraid he will tell me to cancel Kauai. I don't want to cancel Westin Princeville. :)

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
We received a trade match for a Hilton Head resort on Maui through RCI that is actually a Marriott, Monarch at Sea Pines, for 8/31. If we didn't have a plan to stay on Kauai for early August, it would be an easy decision to keep the week. We are older and time changes that drastic (six hours) are becoming difficult. Maybe if we drove to Hilton Head and took our time with the drive, we would be alright. I need to use trade power, so that is why I am considering it. Rick has no idea what I am thinking. I am afraid he will tell me to cancel Kauai. I don't want to cancel Westin Princeville. :)
A Hilton Head resort on Maui? Then you mention Sea Pines. Where exactly is this resort you were offered.

WorldT

TUG Member
Reaction score

That was a special that RCI was running. I am not sure if you had to call to get it. I got my reservation before that promotion started. Mine was 7500 RCI points plus the standard RCI exchange fee. Resort fee waived. I got the Grand Luxxe 1 bedroom Riviera Maya for next month.
However, the resort fees showing Riviera Maya is less than what RCI is showing from their website and what the RCI concierge tolde over the phone.
Studio/Hotel is 150
1bdroom is 300
2 bedroom is 450.

I had to book mine over the phone to get the waived resort fee. The concierge told me that if I decide to go to any of the vidanta properties within 3 years, then the resort fee above will not be waived. In addition, the next reservation I make within the 3 year window will have both the standard resort fee plus the resort fee that was waived. Essentially, if I get a one bedroom, I will pay $600 in resort fee to vidanta in addition to any other exchange fee and points used to make the reservation that is paid to RCI.
It looks like they want the recoup the resort fee they waived on the first reservation should I try to visit again within 3 years.