• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

LLOYDSHARE PAYOUTS or EXPERIENCES LATELY???

Seanjmurphy9

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hacienda Del Mar - Los Cabos
Hi Group!
I am a new user and purchased a timeshare in Mexico in 2012. I purchased the Lloydshare Annuity as well and still have some time (13 years) left until it matures.

So far, I have scoured the internet and most posts that call the Annuity a scam are actually at fault for breaching the terms of their contract with Lloydshare. Either by selling their timeshare, giving it back, not being up to date with their resort fees etc...
I have been in contact with the Lloydshare customer service (in late 2022) and they are still in business.

I guess I am wondering if anyone has actually been paid once the Annuity reaches Maturity. There has to be someone out there who has been paid.

Fido Chuckwagon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort; Wyndham Bonnet Creek; Wyndham Bali Hai; Wyndham Canterbury; Wyndham Grand Desert; Marriott Grand Chateau
There has to be someone out there who has been paid.
No, there really doesn’t have to be. I’d say it’s actually incredibly unlikely that anyone ever will.

Seanjmurphy9

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
No, there really doesn’t have to be. I’d say it’s actually incredibly unlikely that anyone ever will.
Are you talking from experience? Have you been denied? Paid? Or waiting for an annuity to mature? I am looking for real world experiences from anyone who has been denied, paid or waiting for maturity.

Fido Chuckwagon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort; Wyndham Bonnet Creek; Wyndham Bali Hai; Wyndham Canterbury; Wyndham Grand Desert; Marriott Grand Chateau
I’ve read enough about it on these boards to see that it’s an obvious scam. I’m sorry, but any “annuity” that promises you an effectively 10 percent or more return on your money over 25 years “guaranteed” is absolutely a scam 100 percent of the time. There are several examples I found on Tug after just a 5 second search of that being the promise, so yeah, it’s a scam.

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am a new user and purchased a timeshare in Mexico in 2012. I purchased the Lloydshare Annuity as well and still have some time (13 years) left until it matures.
Are the timeshare that you purchased and this annuity somehow connected? I'm just wondering how and why a TS purchase is connected to an annuity?

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Hi Group!

So far, I have scoured the internet and most posts that call the Annuity a scam are actually at fault for breaching the terms of their contract with Lloydshare. Either by selling their timeshare, giving it back, not being up to date with their resort fees etc...
I have been in contact with the Lloydshare customer service (in late 2022) and they are still in business.

I guess I am wondering if anyone has actually been paid once the Annuity reaches Maturity. There has to be someone out there who has been paid.
Was this purchase associated with an outfit named Tesoro? What resort were you at when you purchased? FWIW - I've encountered the Tesoro annuity issue at two in the Puerto Vallarta area.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Sounds like a gimick to get you to sign up for a vacation ownership package and has strict rules to make it easy to disqualify you for the annuity payout.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a gimick to get you to sign up for a vacation ownership package and has strict rules to make it easy to disqualify you for the annuity payout.
My take was that I didn't understand how the whole thing worked, and I couldn't get answers that satisfied me.

rjwehr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mountainside @Granby Ranch,
Landmark Holiday Beach-PCB,
Inverness @ New Braunfels
Hi Group!

I've never heard of this. I'm sorry, but I don't understand what the annuity is for or what you are expecting from Lloydshare. I would be skeptical of any future repayments, based on their website. Are you supposed to get cash back? Are they supposed to pay for timeshare maintenance in the future? Something else?

The second paragraph on this page seems to give them an "out" to not have to pay anyone. The fourth paragraph seems very suspicious, particularly if they have nothing to hide:
"Lloydshare may occasionally make changes to the Terms & Conditions, just as some of your personal data and records may change over the period of your Loyalty Repayment Plan. It is for this reason that individual Terms & Conditions are not printed on this website;"
What keeps them from changing their terms & conditions to say you have to be a founding member of the "Knights of the Roundtable" to qualify for "payment"?

Can you help us understand how this concept was explained to you?

Last edited:

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
I remember when this first came out several years ago. The reps were "explaining" this to me and I just had the eyebrow in permanent raised mode the entire time.

Seanjmurphy9

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I've never heard of this. I'm sorry, but I don't understand what the annuity is for or what you are expecting from Lloydshare. I would be skeptical of any future repayments, based on their website. Are you supposed to get cash back? Are they supposed to pay for timeshare maintenance in the future? Something else?

The second paragraph on this page seems to give them an "out" to not have to pay anyone. The fourth paragraph seems very suspicious, particularly if they have nothing to hide:
"Lloydshare may occasionally make changes to the Terms & Conditions, just as some of your personal data and records may change over the period of your Loyalty Repayment Plan. It is for this reason that individual Terms & Conditions are not printed on this website;"
What keeps them from changing their terms & conditions to say you have to be a founding member of the "Knights of the Roundtable" to qualify for "payment"?

Can you help us understand how this concept was explained to you?
It was basically explained like any other annuity. You put in $$ up front, the company invests the $ and they make their money over time. Then they pay what was promised and they keep any extra profits. I mean, $10,000 over 25 years with compounding interest, is probably $40,000 at 5 or 6% and I am sure that they aren't just watching it compound, they are actively investing and trading. I did not buy the annuity from the timeshare salesperson, I inquired as to how they make money. The first answer was "Investing over time and trades" the second answer was "Breakage". Breakage was people who sell their timeshare, give it up, don't pay maintenance etc, etc.
It is pretty rare that someone keeps their timeshare for the whole 25 years.

Seanjmurphy9

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I remember when this first came out several years ago. The reps were "explaining" this to me and I just had the eyebrow in permanent raised mode the entire time.
I have met other people who have purchased the Lloydshare Annuity as well, they had like 8 years left on theirs.

Seanjmurphy9

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Was this purchase associated with an outfit named Tesoro? What resort were you at when you purchased? FWIW - I've encountered the Tesoro annuity issue at two in the Puerto Vallarta area.
No, my ownership is at Hacienda Del Mar in Cabo San Lucas.

Seanjmurphy9

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
so, you had never heard of an annuity before the timeshare presentation?

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm sure @buzglyd had heard of an annuity. They were probably raising their eyebrows at someone promising risk-free +10% YoY returns. If I knew how to generate > 10% YoY risk free, the very last thing I would do is sell that to someone else and make less. I'd just print money on my own.

It's like you are intentionally incapable of understanding this. Greed is a heck of a drug, I guess.

Seanjmurphy9

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
To be honest, I would say that it is not really "Connected" I would say that Lloydshare knows that people buying timeshares have some money to spend. Basically, the only rules I know of are that you have to still own at the resort where you originally purchased and be up to date with your maintenance fees. If you break those two, either by selling or not paying maintenance, that voids the contract and the Annuity does not pay out.

Seanjmurphy9

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I'm sure @buzglyd had heard of an annuity. They were probably raising their eyebrows at someone promising risk-free +10% YoY returns. If I knew how to generate > 10% YoY risk free, the very last thing I would do is sell that to someone else and make less. I'd just print money on my own.

It's like you are intentionally incapable of understanding this. Greed is a heck of a drug, I guess.
I just dont understand how, if Lloydshare is a total scam, that reputable companies are still allowing them to be sold. If my investments dont make at least 10% YoY anually, id pull the plug on my guy. My person makes me typically 12-15% anually. Over 25 years, its really not that difficult. Well, maybe it is for some folks.

What I am really trying to understand, is how they are avoiding jailtime if they are a total 100% scam. After I paid, i was sent all kinds of information via mail, my annuity certificate, their yearly board meeting minutes etc. Why would they go through that trouble, and continue to send me documentation yearly? Why not just take my credit card payment and run?

Seanjmurphy9

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I’ve read enough about it on these boards to see that it’s an obvious scam. I’m sorry, but any “annuity” that promises you an effectively 10 percent or more return on your money over 25 years “guaranteed” is absolutely a scam 100 percent of the time. There are several examples I found on Tug after just a 5 second search of that being the promise, so yeah, it’s a scam.
What I am really trying to understand, is how they are avoiding jailtime if they are a total 100% scam. After I paid, i was sent all kinds of information via mail, my annuity certificate, their yearly board meeting minutes etc. Why would they go through that trouble, and continue to send me documentation yearly? Why not just take my credit card payment and run? I will post in 12 years if I get my payout or not I guess.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
reputable companies
You mean like Mexican timeshare developers? Those "reputable companies"?

how they are avoiding jailtime if they are a total 100% scam
They are based in Panama, one of the oldest and best-run "tax havens" in the world. I'm guessing that financial law and order isn't high on their list of things to worry about.

Fido Chuckwagon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
If my investments dont make at least 10% YoY anually, id pull the plug on my guy. My person makes me typically 12-15% anually. Over 25 years, its really not that difficult. Well, maybe it is for some folks.
Lol, ok this guy is a shill or a troll.

Fido Chuckwagon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lol, ok this guy is a shill or a troll.
Also, what the heck are you doing buying timeshare annuities when you’ve got a guy who can make you 12-15 percent on your money every year. Go retire on an island somewhere.

rjwehr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mountainside @Granby Ranch,
Landmark Holiday Beach-PCB,
Inverness @ New Braunfels
It was basically explained like any other annuity. You put in $$ up front, the company invests the $ and they make their money over time. Then they pay what was promised and they keep any extra profits. I mean, $10,000 over 25 years with compounding interest, is probably $40,000 at 5 or 6% and I am sure that they aren't just watching it compound, they are actively investing and trading. I did not buy the annuity from the timeshare salesperson, I inquired as to how they make money. The first answer was "Investing over time and trades" the second answer was "Breakage". Breakage was people who sell their timeshare, give it up, don't pay maintenance etc, etc.
It is pretty rare that someone keeps their timeshare for the whole 25 years.
Thanks for the explanation. I get the annuity part. I'm just trying to wrap my head around why a financial instrument is tied to a timeshare and how someone's timeshare ownership would affect how they would make money to provide a return.

sue1947

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark and VI
how someone's timeshare ownership would affect how they would make money to provide a return.
Because, don't cha know, timeshares, especially Mexican ones, increase in value by more than 10% over time... ;):rolleyes::LOL::wall:
Or so the OP and Lloydshare would have you believe in spite of all evidence that timeshares purchased from the developer typically drop steeply in value once you step out of the sales center.