• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott Hotel isn't showing right elite benefit level

Bill4728

Reaction score
We are Presidential level with MVC. One benefit of Presidential is Marriott Bonvoy™ Titanium Elite status. Yet I just got an email from Marriott saying we are no longer Titanium but now Platinum because we didn't stay 75 nights. But our MVC ownership level should still keep us Titanium Elite.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Bill

Pamplemousse

TUG Member
Reaction score
You are lifetime titanium elite based on your MVC ownership.
But your yearly status dropped to platinum since you didn’t stay enough nights.
This only matters for your “yearly gift choice”- suite nights, etc.
Your status when you check in is still titanium.
Go to your profile on Marriott.com and you will see the lifetime next to the infinity sign.

kozykritter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Flex, MVC Points, Worldmark
You are lifetime titanium elite based on your MVC ownership.
But your yearly status dropped to platinum since you didn’t stay enough nights.
This only matters for your “yearly gift choice”- suite nights, etc.
Your status when you check in is still titanium.
Go to your profile on Marriott.com and you will see the lifetime next to the infinity sign.
There is no lifetime status associated with MVC ownership. It is a yearly status granted if you maintain certain owner benefit levels for that calendar year, in this case Titanium status for being Presidential. The only way to get a lifetime status with the Marriott Bonvoy program is to meet the number of lifetime nights and years of status within that program to qualify for those levels, which max out at Platinum. Lifetime Titanium was only granted once to select Bonvoy members when that program was merged with the SPG/Starwood program... It can no longer be earned.

Last edited:

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
We are Presidential level with MVC. One benefit of Presidential is Marriott Bonvoy™ Titanium Elite status. Yet I just got an email from Marriott saying we are no longer Titanium but now Platinum because we didn't stay 75 nights. But our MVC ownership level should still keep us Titanium Elite.

Bill
Did you look at your Bonvoy account to see what it shows? The email could just be some system generate thing based on number of nights stayed. They may not have programmed anything in there to account for owners that make up a small percentage of overall Bonvoy members.

kozykritter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Flex, MVC Points, Worldmark

Bill
When it comes to joint ownerships, only one of the owners can receive the Bonvoy status benefit from that ownership level. This is often the source of these types of problems where things are not linked properly with the owner that you want to have the status benefit in Bonvoy.

Pamplemousse

TUG Member
Reaction score
There is no lifetime status associated with MVC ownership. It is a yearly status granted if you maintain certain owner benefit levels for that calendar year, in this case Titanium status for being Presidential. The only way to get a lifetime status with the Marriott Bonvoy program is to meet the number of lifetime nights and years of status within that program to qualify for those levels, which max out at Platinum. Lifetime Titanium was only granted once to select Bonvoy members when the program was merged with the SPG/Starwood program... It can no longer be earned.
Sorry I had it backwards.
Thanks for the correction.

Last edited:

jmhpsu93

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Abound Points
MVC Grande Vista (x2)
MVC Cypress Harbour (x2)
MVC Harbour Lake (x2)
Golden Shores (Mexico)
Did you look at your Bonvoy account to see what it shows? The email could just be some system generate thing based on number of nights stayed. They may not have programmed anything in there to account for owners that make up a small percentage of overall Bonvoy members.
I'd say this is most likely the cause of your email, though this:

When it comes to joint ownerships, only one of the owners can receive the Bonvoy status benefit from that ownership level. This is often the source of these types of problems where things are not linked properly with the owner that you want to have the status benefit in Bonvoy.
could be your issue as well.

alexadeparis

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Yes, I am having the same problem. Last year my husband filled out their paperwork to switch the Titanium to me. Got the same email you did and wrote to customer advocacy. The first response was “only one gets titanium” BS. Sent in the reply that we sent in paperwork and had it switched and it should not have been switched back. Received a new response that was “call owner services and they will explain why it was switched back” which of course being Friday night I can’t call until Monday morning. I am so pissed off right now I can’t even begin to tell you how much. Can’t wait to hear what the excuse is. If I have to get this filled out again I will be very angry because it cost money to have it notarized. So angry I can’t even see straight.

bazzap

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, I am having the same problem. Last year my husband filled out their paperwork to switch the Titanium to me. Got the same email you did and wrote to customer advocacy. The first response was “only one gets titanium” BS. Sent in the reply that we sent in paperwork and had it switched and it should not have been switched back. Received a new response that was “call owner services and they will explain why it was switched back” which of course being Friday night I can’t call until Monday morning. I am so pissed off right now I can’t even begin to tell you how much. Can’t wait to hear what the excuse is. If I have to get this filled out again I will be very angry because it cost money to have it notarized. So angry I can’t even see straight.
If you are joint owners, I am not sure why you would need to pay to have anything notarised?
We switched the Titanium benefit to my Wife when I reached Lifetime Titanium and all we needed to do was email Owner Services.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
If you are joint owners, I am not sure why you would need to pay to have anything notarised?
We switched the Titanium benefit to my Wife when I reached Lifetime Titanium and all we needed to do was email Owner Services.
Same here, no need for any legal changes if all are listed on all deeds.

Bill4728

Reaction score
I'm wondering if it may have been due to our new MVC presidential level which we got in Jan of last year.

alexadeparis

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The form to change it to me had to be notarized

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I'm wondering if it may have been due to our new MVC presidential level which we got in Jan of last year.
Why did you get it in January of last year? Did you buy more points to get up to that higher level? DId you earn it through Bonvoy stays?

Have you checked your Bonvoy account yet to see what it shows as your status?

bazzap

TUG Member
Reaction score
The form to change it to me had to be notarized
I didn't have a form to fill in, I just sent an email.
We were already joint owners of all our weeks, if that makes the difference.

Mr. Vker

Reaction score
Deleted

Bill4728

Reaction score
Why did you get it in January of last year? Did you buy more points to get up to that higher level? DId you earn it through Bonvoy stays?

Have you checked your Bonvoy account yet to see what it shows as your status?
Yes We bought the 1000 points needed to reach presidential in Jan 2023

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I didn't have a form to fill in, I just sent an email.
We were already joint owners of all our weeks, if that makes the difference.
Same here. I got an email back the change was made and an acknowledgement the change would occur with the batch change in late January or Early Feb of the following year which was only a couple of months away. Some have suggested their's may have reverted and I double checked my wife's account and it is still correct. It lies the lifetime status AND the current status as correct.

alexadeparis

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I called Monday and it is changed back as of today. I pulled up the document again for my own reference and it said it was a one-time change and could not be reversed. I guess they meant except for unintended consequences of their shitty software/ IT.

f&m

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ok…when we hit Chairman’s level back a few years ago I was already titanium so we put the MVC granted titanium in my wife’s name. We are both joint owners at MVC. I am now retired and no longer have titanium so we we want to move the MVC titanium from my wife to myself. I had heard you could transfer the MVC benefit but when I called Marriott they said no way.

So my long winded question is can I move the MVC titanium benefit and if so then what’s the process.

Thanks for the help.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Ok…when we hit Chairman’s level back a few years ago I was already titanium so we put the MVC granted titanium in my wife’s name. We are both joint owners at MVC. I am now retired and no longer have titanium so we we want to move the MVC titanium from my wife to myself. I had heard you could transfer the MVC benefit but when I called Marriott they said no way.

So my long winded question is can I move the MVC titanium benefit and if so then what’s the process.

Thanks for the help.
You can. All you need to do is change from your wife's Bonvoy # to your Bonvoy # and when they make the batch change next Jan/Feb, you'll be back Titanium again.

fdough1

Reaction score
Where do you make the change??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bazzap

TUG Member
Reaction score
Where do you make the change??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I made the change by email, so it seems that you can use phone or email to Owner Services.

Bill4728

Reaction score
I called owner services and in about three days my elite status changed back to titanium.

They had no idea why it changed in the first place.