• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott Ocean Pointe reservations

ladyflyer58

Reaction score
Thank you for all your input. What a great collaboration this has become. For those who were wondering about the week we needed. I called today, the 1st available day 13 months out check-in with 2 units used similtaneously for the week of Mar. 14-21, 2016 with the option of Fri, Sat, or Sun.,). This is one of several spring break weeks in Texas, not to mention early in the season for the rest of the U.S.

The real problem was that I was on the phone at 0800 waiting 22 minutes, and as I said the conversation began and the line went dead. Having to call back and wait in the que again is what bothered me. As another 21 minutes when by, and the resort availability quickly sinks down, I have done MY part as planned, but the GLITCH in the phone, on my cell with a BOOSTER in my home so that NO CALLS drop, EVER! I will stop complaining with this in mind. If the total I have paid for my time share, over the last 13 years, with maintenance fees, I could have bought a property down the street or at least rented and been just as happy. In fact, I think I will total up the expenses, divide it by the weeks that we have stayed at our home property, and see if I want to continue. I will begin looking for other resorts to go to. It is NOT the only beach in the USA even though our kids have grown up there. Thank you again all for your great input and hope you enjoy your travels. God Bless.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Since you are booking concurrently not consecutively, it wouldn't matter if you had 2 or 100 units. For you to use it like it were 4 units you would have been able to call up 3 weeks ago and booked 4 weeks including the final one you wanted. Alternatively, next year you can try booking each of your 2 units consecutively 13 months and 1 week before you ultimately want it and then at 12 months cancel the 1st week and book it concurrent with the week you already have reserved for the one you want. The only problem with this method is you can't cancel the 1st week until you hit the 12 month mark or you risk losing the 13 month reservation you want.

Have you been locked out of the week you wanted at 12 months?
At 12 months 50% of the inventory for that week should be available. At 13 months there may be 0 availability because weeks can be strung together and may have taken the 50%.