• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott's Maui Ocean Club - Lahaina & Napili Towers - use of hospitality suite?- what is it?

seema

TUG Member
Reaction score
In a few weeks, we will be staying at the Marriott Ocean Club (Lahaina and Napili Towers).
Check out at 10 am. Our red eye flight to Canada leaves at 10 pm.
So we are trying to figure out where we can stay for the day - even at the cost of MCVI Destination points or dollars.

We were told we can stay at a hospitality suite? What is it? I believe one can use it free, if a guest the previous days at the resort?

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
Hospitality suites are usually just public rooms, with "locker room" type amenities to shower, change, etc. They often have limited kitchens, sofas, etc. It is not an actual private room/suite for sleeping etc.

pspercy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Ocean Club x2
DC points
Does Ko Olina have similar facilities?

mjm1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
In a few weeks, we will be staying at the Marriott Ocean Club (Lahaina and Napili Towers).
Check out at 10 am. Our red eye flight to Canada leaves at 10 pm.
So we are trying to figure out where we can stay for the day - even at the cost of MCVI Destination points or dollars.

We were told we can stay at a hospitality suite? What is it? I believe one can use it free, if a guest the previous days at the resort?
I believe there are two places you can stay but both are public spaces. One is just down the way from the lobby and is an air conditioned room with places to sit. There is also a TV. I don’t recall if there are showers, but the front desk staff could confirm whether they do or not. The other is an open air lounge that looks out toward the ocean. There are places to sit, but I don’t think there are any TV’s. Either way you can leave your bags with the bell staff until you are ready to leave.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
We don't take red-eye flights anymore because of this lack of a home base. But it wouldn't be a bad day to drive to Haleakala and have a meal at Kula Lodge after.

Last time we had a red-eye, which was years ago, we left our unit one night early. I have also added an additional night with points, when we were staying at a resort that could be booked with points. For example, Wyndham points to stay an extra full day in the unit before departing that night.

KangarooTravel

TUG Member
Reaction score
We're from Canada too and used the hospitality suite at MOC Napili Towers in 2019 as we had a red-eye flight home too (I hate red-eyes...).

The suite had couches, tvs, and most importantly showers. We spent the whole day in the pool, had dinner, and then got our luggage from the front-desk, showered and headed to the airport. It's a bit of a bonus day imo. You get to use the resort for a full day at no extra cost.

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
We're from Canada too and used the hospitality suite at MOC Napili Towers in 2019 as we had a red-eye flight home too (I hate red-eyes...).

The suite had couches, tvs, and most importantly showers. We spent the whole day in the pool, had dinner, and then got our luggage from the front-desk, showered and headed to the airport. It's a bit of a bonus day imo. You get to use the resort for a full day at no extra cost.
Sort of. You get a little more than the 6 hours they shorted you to clean (checkin at 4p vacate at 10am.) :bawl:But I agree it is a great amenity.

dj_drf

TUG Member
Reaction score
But not a hospitality suite with couch’s & TVs?
That's correct - Ko'Olina has a basic locker room with lockers, showers, sauna, towels, vanity/sink/mirrors and so forth to my memory.

Lakeshore

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, when we were there in November, staying in the Napili building, we used to hospitality suite which was in the main MOC building downstairs from checkin….they apparently were doing work on the other one. They will hold your luggage when you check out and then you can get it before you need to get cleaned up. It was a room with some chairs and a table…can’t remember if there was a tv. There were two bathrooms with showers. It was first come first serve…couldn’t make a reservation, so I was hoping no one would be there when we needed it. It all worked out. Next time we will get a big cabana for that day to relax before heading home late…we didn’t think of that until a day or two before we were to depart and they all were sold out. Have a fantastic time!