• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Steve A

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Zunzi’s, a longtime Savannah sandwich shop, announced Monday that it would be opening one of its beach-themed Zunzibar locations on Hilton Head Island later this year. A specific location on Hilton Head was not part of the announcement. The Hilton Head plans are part of a three-restaurant franchise deal with businessman Tom Horton, who was Five Guys’ largest franchisee with 97 stores across seven states, a news release said. These inaugural franchise locations also will showcase a new operating model with the Zunzibar brand front and center, according to the release. “Moving forward, our brick-and-mortar locations will feature Zunzibar as a full-service restaurant with a full menu and bar, utilizing the best aspects of our fast-casual operation, all the speed and efficiency of a fast-casual restaurant in a sit-down, dine-in setting,” Zunzi’s and Zunzibar owner Chris Smith said. The Zunzi’s branding will continue to be on the takeout and delivery aspects of the business. “If you order takeout from us or order delivery through Uber Eats, you’re dealing with Zunzi’s. But when you come in and dine with us, you’re at Zunzibar,” Smith said. TOP VIDEOS Zunzi’s opened in Savannah in 2005, and Smith purchased the restaurant in 2014. Zunzi’s opened in Atlanta in 2018, and moved to a new location in Savannah, on Drayton Street, and added Zunzibar. Last year, a free-standing Zunzibar opened on Tybee Island. Zunzi’s Conquistador, a sandwich with chicken, provolone and parmesan, lettuce, tomato, and a house dressing called “S--- Yeah! Sauce,” has been listed among the nation’s best sandwiches by Thrillist, People magazine, Mental Floss, Buzzfeed and Men’s Journal. In addition to the lineup of sandwiches, the restaurant’s menu also includes bar bites, wings and bowls.

Read more at: https://www.islandpacket.com/news/business/article287081345.html#storylink=cpy

Steve A

TUG Member
Reaction score
From Tio’s

🙌🏾🙌🏾🙌🏾🙌🏾🙌🏾🙌🏾🙌🏾🙌🏾🙌🏾
I guess we’re going against the grain here, but we’re going to serve food until 10pm. We’ve been busy and this island needs it.
Spread the word.

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
Went to Tio's Latin American Kitchen this evening, and hands down it's the best Mexican food on the island by far,
and of course they have many additional Latin American dishes as advertised. The menu is huge and it's going to be tough to choose something
every time you visit because everything looks wonderful.
The restaurant also has a clean, modern, decorative and fun decor, and to top that off, great service. Definitely a cut above the typical Mexican places.

This time wife had the Chicken Fajita---she loved it. I had the Ribeye Steak Fajita, and it was delicious, and they certainly give generous portions.
I usually have no problem finishing off my meals, but this time I had to order extra tortillas to take home, and those will be enjoyed as lunch tomorrow.
I'm sure we have enough ingredients to make 3-4 more fajitas.
We are now back at our beloved Grande Ocean, and we're still talking about how great the meal was. If you visit Tio's you won't be disappointed.
I'm sure SteveA (post above) will attest to this.

Large seating areas at both ends of the restaurant, plus bar seating and ample outside seating.
1712787989186.png

Note the steamy cloud arising from the fajitas!!!!!
1712788226810.png

DeeCee

TUG Member
Reaction score
Okay, so I'm looking at the Jazz Corner over the next few days and I only see a stage side table for my date, also a 9:00 p.m. show only.
Is there a reason why I would not want a 9:00 p.m. show or, more specifically, a stage side table? We are a party of 4 (retirees) for age reference.

Thanks for your help. Also, I am allergic to seafood, barring that, any recommendations of where we should go if Jazz Corner doesn't work out?
We do have a few musts on our list...Frankie Bones, One Hot Mama's (love the chocolate ribs and margarita's), Wise Guys, Dockside...as you can see we are "middle of the road" diners, but would like one or two finer places. We did eat at Ela's on the Water last year and loved it, would do it again, but would prefer something we haven't tried before. (We have been to Jazz Corner and do want to return).

Thanks,
Dee

gsb

Reaction score
Okay, so I'm looking at the Jazz Corner over the next few days and I only see a stage side table for my date, also a 9:00 p.m. show only.
Is there a reason why I would not want a 9:00 p.m. show or, more specifically, a stage side table? We are a party of 4 (retirees) for age reference.

Thanks for your help. Also, I am allergic to seafood, barring that, any recommendations of where we should go if Jazz Corner doesn't work out?
We do have a few musts on our list...Frankie Bones, One Hot Mama's (love the chocolate ribs and margarita's), Wise Guys, Dockside...as you can see we are "middle of the road" diners, but would like one or two finer places. We did eat at Ela's on the Water last year and loved it, would do it again, but would prefer something we haven't tried before. (We have been to Jazz Corner and do want to return).

Thanks,
Dee
No reason to avoid a 9:00 show. In regard to tables, while I prefer the center section the side tables are perfectly fine. sight lines are good. Each couple will be seated side by side and will share a small table. You won’t be able to talk much to the other couple but once the music starts there’s not much need for conversation

We were at Jazz Corner most recently Sunday night and always enjoy it. if not there, we always enjoy Michael Anthony’s, Alfred’s, and Sage Room for a good night out.

JIMinNC

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Marvin, NC (Charlotte) & Hilton Head Island, SC
Resorts Owned
Marriott:
Maui Ocean Club
Waiohai Beach Club
Barony Beach Club
Abound ClubPoints
HGVC:
HGVC at Sea World

Thanks,
Dee
We prefer the 9pm show at the Jazz Corner. We try to get an 8:00 or 8:15 seating. The early seatings are just too early for us and we have to vacate by 7:45 or so.

We fondly remember the pre-Covid days when there was only one dinner seating and you could stay through the intermission and take in the second half of the show. The second half was first come first served since some people left at intermission. Now they do two seatings for dinner.

The stage-side tables are great. Unobstructed view.

JIMinNC

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Marvin, NC (Charlotte) & Hilton Head Island, SC
Resorts Owned
Marriott:
Maui Ocean Club
Waiohai Beach Club
Barony Beach Club
Abound ClubPoints
HGVC:
HGVC at Sea World

Steve A

TUG Member
Reaction score
Four Beaufort County food businesses were cited with “B” grades in March health inspections by the S.C. Department of Health and Environmental Control:

Island Bagel, 17 Sherrington Drive in Bluffton, scored a 91% (B) on March 14 in a followup inspection. This percentage normally would merit an A grade, but inspectors downgraded it because of the failure to correct issues cited in a report on March 4. Here are the issues listed: The hand-washing sink was blocked by equipment; the line prep cooler was unable to hold cold foods at the proper temperature; the facility was offering undercooked eggs without a safety advisory on its menu; and the unisex restroom did not have a covered receptacle. The restaurant was reinspected on March 21 and scored a 100% (A).

Ocean Resort, 23 Ocean Lane on Hilton Head Island, scored an 84% (B) on March 6 in a routine inspection. Issues noted by inspectors included: Shell stock tags were not marked for the last date sold; beef tenderloins were stored directly on top of raw fish; a pan of crab cakes and a pan of raw beef were stored directly above ready-to-eat salad items; there were issues with cold-food holding temperatures; multiple ready-to-eat foods were held past the seven-day discard date; the facility is reduced oxygen packaging for storage, cook/chill, and fermentation/pickling without prior approval; wet wiping cloths were being used as a cover and in direct contact with ready-to-eat salad lettuce; and there was a heavy accumulation of lime build-up in the mechanical ware washing machine and on the attached drain board. The restaurant was reinspected on March 15 and scored a 100% (A).

The Drydock Seafood and Spirits, 840 William Hilton Pkwy. on Hilton Head Island, scored an 84% (B) on March 6 in a routine inspection. Issues noted by inspectors included: Shell stock tags were not marked for the last date sold; the mechanical dish machine did not have chlorine; utensils and equipment stored as clean were actually unclean to both sight and touch; food items were held past the seven-day mark for disposition; packages of raw beef were thawing on the counter at ambient temperature; the screen of kitchen back door is damaged, the kitchen door is not self closing and does not form a tight seal when closed; cutting boards on the hot line are deeply scored, stained and no longer easily cleanable; and floor tiles on the hot line were broken or missing. The restaurant was reinspected on March 15 and scored a 99% (A). d scored a 100%

(A). WHAT THE GRADES MEAN Inspectors hand out a grade of A, B or C, depending on the conditions found at the time. Points are docked for a variety of infractions, and restaurants have a chance to correct the problems and improve their score. A: 88% to 100% B: 78% to 87% C: 77% or less During March 2024, DHEC recorded 168 inspections of restaurants, schools, stores and other food establishments in Beaufort County and 30 in Jasper County. The agency publishes the results of these health inspections on its website. Newer food grade decals include a QR code that customers can scan with their phones to see a food establishment’s latest report.

The fourth one was Ryan's Pizza in Beaufort.

Read more at: https://www.islandpacket.com/news/business/article287593835.html#storylink=cpy

DeeCee

TUG Member
Reaction score
DeeCee, the Jazz Corner is really small. Any seat will be close to the stage.
Thx. We had been there some years ago. I remember it being small, and that all tables are close to the stage. That being said, I opted for further away then the table at the stage on a different night. Should be fun!

Dee