• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

My dear wife Joyce slipped into a coma

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
So sorry to read this, Greg. I'll be praying for you.

Cathyb

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Greg

on Sunday. She has been failing for several months now. We sold our printing company in February and I took my SSI early to stay home with her.

We moved to Yuma so she would be warm, and she did well for a couple of months.

Hospice of Yuma is coming daily to monitor her condition, bath her, clean the house.
A really great service, all covered by Medicare.

I believe she has only a few days left, she doesn't appear to be suffering or in pain, so it is up to God now when he takes her home.

I want to thank all of you that have had Joyce in your prayers over the last 2 years, I am sure that it helped her get this far,
Greg

Sending prayers your way for Joyce. Remember the good times like when you two visited us at our Whaler timeshare and the many Mexico trips you enjoyed. You are a loving and caring husband. Cathy and Bruce

ampaholic

TUG Member
Reaction score
I wish I had a chance to meet her - I'll bet we could have hit it off and been friends.

Godspeed to you and her.

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
Greg, my wife and I have followed some of your travels with Joyce through your website. The birthday party for Joyce in Matzatlan looked like a great time. We really have to admire the way you take care of her. It looks like true love to us.

Take care

Bill

pjrose

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Oh Greg, so sorry to hear this. {HUGS} from me and I'm sure from all of your other TUG friends.

PJ

pianodinosaur

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC SeaWorld x 2, HGVC Las Vegas Strip x 2, MVC Mountain Valley Lodge, MVC Legend’s Edge
May the Lord Bless you and protect you.

slum808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Greg,

May God be with you in these difficult times. Our hearts and prayers go out to you and your wife.

Steve

aliikai2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hospice sent a Chaplin to visit today, when I turned on the light Joyce opened her eyes, she appeared to be aware that we were praying with and for her, she has since gone back to being non-responsive. Greg

stugy

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Greg
I am so sorry. May The Lord give you the strength to get through these tough days. You have been a wonderful husband. I will pray for you both
Pat

pwrshift

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Manor Club - 3 weeks platinum, 2 weeks at Marriott Beachplace Towers, and 1 week at Marriott Canyon Villas
Hi Greg...so sorry to read your post. We all wish you the best and it sounds like she is under good care. Stay strong and talk to her even if she seems uncommunicative.

Brian

bass

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Greg,

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your wife.

Nancy

cmh

TUG Member
Reaction score
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Fern Modena

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Greg, My thoughts and prayers for both you and Joyce. I have always believed people in a coma can hear things and be aware of what is going on around them.

Hospice care can be such a blessing. They help you with things that you might not be able to do, and they know what you need. If you have any questions at all, they are a great go-to resource.

Depending on her musical taste, you might want to play music in the background, although if it is heavy metal I think I'd forgo it and play some smooth jazz or light classical instead. Talk to her, too, telling her how much you love her and talk about things you shared. And if you have the strength to, tell her that it is OK for her to leave now.

With care and big hugs,
Fern

MuranoJo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Greg, I'm also sending a virtual hug.

As others, I've followed your countless trips and photos and they always brought a smile to me. And I knew through the photos that you brought such happiness to Joyce, and she to you.

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Holding you, Joyce and your whole family in The Light.

Hospice is a blessing. Most people wait to call until the very last moments, when they can do so much good in the months and days before that. So glad to know that they are taking care of both you and Joyce.

Pat H

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Brigantine
Greg, I'm so sorry to hear about Joyce. It was so nice to meet you both in Mexico. You are a very caring and loving husband. You both will be in my thoughts and prayers.

LLW

TUG Member
Reaction score
May God embrace you in peace and warmth, now and forever.

puppymommo

TUG Member
Reaction score
What LLW said! Beautifully put.

I am so sorry to hear this and hope your beloved's passing is peace. I know she is surrounded by love.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Hospice sent a Chaplin to visit today, when I turned on the light Joyce opened her eyes, she appeared to be aware that we were praying with and for her, she has since gone back to being non-responsive. Greg

Greg - I know that your love is sustaining Joyce. Please be aware that the sense of hearing is still functioning long after a person seems to stop responding - keep talking to her - she hears you.

Last edited:

timeos2

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Blessings to you both. Your strength and love for each other is wonderful to see.

DonnaD

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Raintree Vacation Club
I am sending an angel to watch over you both and to accompany your wife to her final destination. God bless you both...with peace and joy, knowing the love you share lives on forever.
DonnaD

scrapngen

TUG Member
Reaction score
Greg, you and Joyce's relationship and love has been an inspiration ---
My heart goes out to you both, and I will be praying for you.
So very sad to hear your news.