• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

NEW RESORTS Wyndham Beaver Creek and Wyndham Park City!

Vacationfuntips

TUG Member
Reaction score
Future Club Wyndham Plus Resorts

2 New Resort are available for bookings for arrivals January 2015
(Now accepting reservations):

Wyndham Beaver Creek in Avon, Colorado
(All Presidential Suites 1-3 Bedroom)

Wyndham Park City in Park City, Utah
(1-4 Bedroom Units including Presidential Reserve Suites)

Cynthia T. :)

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
Wow - 300K-550K for a week in Avon in prime season.....

pacodemountainside

TUG Member
Reaction score
You get to rub shoulders with all the millionaires that the billionaires ran out of Aspen.

As I recall George Bush used to hang out there!

If on budget, there is always Christie Lodge!

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone been able to make a reservation at Beaver Creek? I get the "No availability was found for the selected resort with your selected length of stay. Try searching again with a different length of stay." message regardless of dates I select although they are all green. Even with a wide range of stay lengths and +/- 4 days on the check/in.

I was able to make some reservations at Park City earlier.

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score

sandkastle4966

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone been able to make a reservation at Beaver Creek? I get the "No availability was found for the selected resort with your selected length of stay. Try searching again with a different length of stay." message regardless of dates I select although they are all green. Even with a wide range of stay lengths and +/- 4 days on the check/in.

I was able to make some reservations at Park City earlier.

I get the same thing.....

pagosajim

TUG Member
Reaction score
I called a VC to make a couple of Beaver Creek reservations. Only size unit currently showing up are 2BR Presidential Reserve units. Apparently nothing is available for booking online.

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
Are there any good information resources about these new locations? There is very limited information about them on the Wyndham site directly.

Is it correct that neither one is ski-in/ski-out? Since the Beaver Creek resort information mentions a shuttle to Beaver Creek and Vail, I assumed not ski-in/ski-out. But no real information on Park City.

scootr5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Avon definitely is not ski in/out. It's across the street from the Westin Riverfront and the Riverfront Express gondola.

Last edited:

pagosajim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Avon definitely is not ski in/out. It's across the street from the Westin Riverfront and the Riverfront Express gondola.

True on the Avon location, although I stayed at the Sheraton a few years back and there's a free shuttle to the mountain provided by the town of Avon. I'm guessing the Wyndham is on that same route and I believe they advertise a free shuttle service for the resort.

In Park City, the resort is next to one of the remote gondolas that will take you to the base of the mountain, again, for free. I haven't been there, but imagine it to be similar to the gondola that is near the Steamboat Springs resort that also takes you to the base of the mountain.

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
True on the Avon location, although I stayed at the Sheraton a few years back and there's a free shuttle to the mountain provided by the town of Avon. I'm guessing the Wyndham is on that same route and I believe they advertise a free shuttle service for the resort.

In Park City, the resort is next to one of the remote gondolas that will take you to the base of the mountain, again, for free. I haven't been there, but imagine it to be similar to the gondola that is near the Steamboat Springs resort that also takes you to the base of the mountain.

I think you're right... if google maps is correct regarding the location it should be close to Canyons and Waldorf Astoria Park City and the Waldorf Gondola.

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score

There is a shuttle stop directly across the street from the main entrance.

The Riverfront Gondola is less than a five minute walk away in ski boots.

The location is very convenient for skiers.

mark201235

TUG Member
Reaction score
Are there any good information resources about these new locations? There is very limited information about them on the Wyndham site directly.

Is it correct that neither one is ski-in/ski-out? Since the Beaver Creek resort information mentions a shuttle to Beaver Creek and Vail, I assumed not ski-in/ski-out. But no real information on Park City.

Wyndham Park City is indeed right at the gondola that will take you to the base of The Canyons ski area. It is a 3 car (4-6 persons each) gondola that takes a few minutes to the top. We have stayed at The Miners Club (Raintree resort which we rented through RCI) several times, most recently last January. Wyndham Park City is between it and the gondola. You have to walk a few steps to get to the gondola but can ski down to it from the base of the Canyons. Needless to say, I was more than pleased when I found out this was a Wyndham TS resort when we were there in January. It is a great location at a great ski mountain.

Mark

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
What is the source of these 2 resorts?

Are they new builds. I assume NOT as I have not heard anything about them until now. Yet they are ready and available for booking for Early next year.

I am guessing that they are condo conversions or WAMM inventory. Does anyone know for sure?

jebloomquist

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai, Sedona, Panama City, Canterbury, Angel Fire, Royal Garden
Future Club Wyndham Plus Resorts

2 New Resort are available for bookings for arrivals January 2015
(Now accepting reservations):

Wyndham Beaver Creek in Avon, Colorado
(All Presidential Suites 1-3 Bedroom)

Wyndham Park City in Park City, Utah
(1-4 Bedroom Units including Presidential Reserve Suites)

Cynthia T. :)

I see availability at Park City, but I see nothing available at all for Beaver Creek. Where exactly are you seeing Beaver Creek availability? I have skied there, and it is a nice ski area.

Jim

Xpat

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott DSV II, Newport Coast, Canyon Villas, Grand Chateau, Phuket, Marbella, Playa Andaluza / HGVC Craigendarroch / Worldmark / Wyndham
What is the source of these 2 resorts?

Are they new builds. I assume NOT as I have not heard anything about them until now. Yet they are ready and available for booking for Early next year.

I am guessing that they are condo conversions or WAMM inventory. Does anyone know for sure?

they're new builds:
http://www.boyercompany.com/project...pment/wyndham-timeshare-facility-the-canyons/
http://pcwbuilds.com/category/construction-of-wyndham-resort-in-avon-co-continues/

I'm thinking Wyndham adding new high points value properties to CWA could, overtime, help improve the points to MF ratio of CWA contracts, relatively to deeded contracts.

Last edited:

jebloomquist

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
they're new builds:
http://www.boyercompany.com/project...pment/wyndham-timeshare-facility-the-canyons/
http://pcwbuilds.com/category/construction-of-wyndham-resort-in-avon-co-continues/

I'm thinking Wyndham adding new high points value properties to CWA could, overtime, help improve the points to MF ratio of CWA contracts, relatively to deeded contracts.

I see in the Beaver Creek link that you provide, that availability isn't expected until Nov 2015. I was hoping for something in the summer of 2015.

Jim

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I see in the Beaver Creek link that you provide, that availability isn't expected until Nov 2015. I was hoping for something in the summer of 2015.

Jim

No it says NOV, just in time for the 2015 ski season. So I think that means Nov 2014.

jebloomquist

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
No it says NOV, just in time for the 2015 ski season. So I think that means Nov 2014.

Sandy,

I think that you are right.

So, when do you think that we will see availability for Beaver Creek on the Wyndham web site? Maybe I don't have the necessary ownership to see it. Can anyone see availability now for anytime in the future?

Jim

scootr5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sandy,

So, when do you think that we will see availability for Beaver Creek on the Wyndham web site? Maybe I don't have the necessary ownership to see it. Can anyone see availability now for anytime in the future?

Jim

There was some on the first day when I checked, but as I understand it was all 2 bedroom units only.

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sandy,

Jim

When I called I was told there was a problem with loading the Beaver Creek inventory so you can't see it online, however there is availability if you call and speak to a VC.

sandkastle4966

TUG Member
Reaction score
Supposedly it is now loaded; however, it is ONLY avail to Presidential owners.....

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Boy those point values are high. 308K for a 2 BR Deluxe in Prime season for Park City and Beaver Creek ONLY has presidential units, and a 2 BR Pres there for Prime is 450K.

I think sandcastle you must be mistaken. Perhaps you understood that there are ONLY Presidentials to it is limited to only Presidential OWNERS. I don't think that is what the announcement said. But I could be wrong.

Last edited:

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Shockingly HIGH, Sandy.

I wonder how much per thousand $ are they trying to sell a PRIME WEEK (usage) for and WHAT the MFs will be. I know I will NOT be booking any trips there.

sandkastle4966

TUG Member
Reaction score
Boy those point values are high. 308K for a 2 BR Deluxe in Prime season for Park City and Beaver Creek ONLY has presidential units, and a 2 BR Pres there for Prime is 450K.

I think sandcastle you must be mistaken. Perhaps you understood that there are ONLY Presidentials to it is limited to only Presidential OWNERS. I don't think that is what the announcement said. But I could be wrong.

I spoke to a VC. Beaver Creek is only presidential units (which makes sense given the area/market). At this point in time, Beaver Creek is ONLY available to Presidential owners. It will "open up" to the "normal rules" but for the moment, only Presidential accounts can reserve units.

Price? will be interesting. I will out there in January - and will pay a visit. High? yes - I rent my condo (1 bedroom/ 1 bath) for $3,500/wk - but it is ski in/ski out Vail gondola, not get on a bus; or walk to the service gondy at BC (and it is not a short walk in boots). I can't get a read on where they are selling.