• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New WKORVN e-Statement Available Now? In March?

PamMo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I just got an email from Vistana saying I have a new e-statement to view for WKORVN. Weird, as they were due/paid at the end of 2023. I don’t see anything new or different in my account, so I’m wondering why they sent the email? I’ll call tomorrow, but I’m curious if anyone else got an email for a phantom statement?

phofusion

Reaction score
Got the same email and was like wtf ... "Marriott really trying to hit us with another fee?!?!!!" ... Checked my account and there was a zero balance due on my weeks, so ... i'll chalk it up to their piss poor IT again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

YYJMSP

TUG Member
Reaction score
PHISHING!!!

Don't click on the link in the message, it clearly points to somewhere non Vistana (hover your mouse over to see the underlying URL). Probably gets your credit, or installs something on your computer.

This points to a data loss at Vistana/Marriott/WKORV or somewhere similar if the email went out to real owners...

Mulege

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV
WMH
WLM
Ocean Resort Master Association KORV failed to add the General Excise Tax (GET) to part of your 2024 association payment. It is a minimal amount depending on unit size. Go to Statements and you will see the new bill. Not sure if this is for North or Nanea as I don’t own there. Mine was about $13.

gravitar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Interesting that the email contains SPG logo....

And copyright date of 2016 in the footer...

I went to the dashboard directly without clicking the link and followed their instructions and don't see anything due on my odd year WKORVN ownership.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Negma

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk WKV WMH WKORVN SVR Harborside 5* and spoiled
Its legitimate. From my bill North property

Attachments

• westin.JPG
    westin.JPG
    16.9 KB · Views: 26
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    40.1 KB · Views: 25

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Its legitimate. From my bill North property
It seems that this might be what was up with the difference in the Club Dues that @DavidnRobin mentioned back when the initial mf bills were sent out. It looked like taxes were collected in 2023 but not for 2024.

YYJMSP

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hmm, looks like it's real, just so many possible indicators of it being evil...

I got two identical invoices on the same VOI.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
I just got an email from Vistana saying I have a new e-statement to view for WKORVN. Weird, as they were due/paid at the end of 2023. I don’t see anything new or different in my account, so I’m wondering why they sent the email? I’ll call tomorrow, but I’m curious if anyone else got an email for a phantom statement?

I wouldn’t be surprised if this invoice was for the HI taxes that they forgot to charge for the VSN/Abound fee as discussed previously in another thread.

YYJMSP

TUG Member
Reaction score
I wouldn’t be surprised if this invoice was for the HI taxes that they forgot to charge for the VSN/Abound fee as discussed previously in another thread.

It says that's what it is in the notes on the second page

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240327_094335_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20240327_094335_Drive.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 21

PamMo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. Last night I went straight to Vistana after reading the email (not using the link in the email) and my balance was $0. Checked again after reading your replies this morning, and it's still $0 for all VOI's. :shrug:

Mulege

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV
WMH
WLM
Thanks for the replies. Last night I went straight to Vistana after reading the email (not using the link in the email) and my balance was $0. Checked again after reading your replies this morning, and it's still $0 for all VOI's. :shrug:
Your balance will say 0 but if you go to statements you will see a new invoice.

PamMo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Your balance will say 0 but if you go to statements you will see a new invoice.
They must still be working on it because it wasn't there 10 minutes ago, but now it's been added. $13.90

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
DEAR MARRIOTT - HIRE BETTER IT PEOPLE!!!
Some people should get fired for missing this - we caught it months ago.

Imagine the hours that went (and will go) to fixing this *bleep*up! They’d be better off picking up the cost of the tax, than the shitstorm they just created.

luv_maui

TUG Member
Reaction score
They must still be working on it because it wasn't there 10 minutes ago, but now it's been added. $13.90
$13.90 was added to one of my WKORV ownership weeks but not the 2nd one, at least yet. I’m guessing it should be on both units?

$13.90 was added to the membership fee so maybe it just applies to the first ownership and not both?

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
$13.90 was added to one of my WKORV ownership weeks but not the 2nd one, at least yet. I’m guessing it should be on both units?

$13.90 was added to the membership fee so maybe it just applies to the first ownership and not both?
It should only apply to the ownership that also included the Club Dues fee.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)

Just like the VSN Fee - the Club Fee is based on the 1st VOI owned.

daviator

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKORVN, WDW, Westin FLEX, Marriott's MOC, Abound (Trust) Points
I did not have any new charges added to any of my WKORV ownerships.

ConejoRed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Craigendarroch Lodges, HGVC Bay Club, HGVC GP MarBrisa, Westin St. John, Westin Ka’anapali Ocean Villas,
HGVC MAX, Worldmark, Wyndham CWA
So we paid the club fee on our WSJ unit (1st ownership) and then they also charged it on our WKORV unit. After some back and forth they credited our WKORV account $240 for the double charged club dues, but it looks like they did it via crediting a “payment” (developer) vs. reversing the fee. This has now resulted in the new GET tax being due even though this contract should not have had the club fee added at all. I am wondering if this is something that I need to get reversed (if I can even get someone to understand the situation) or if we really have to pay the GET on a contract that should not have been not charged for club dues in the first place? Has anyone else been charged the GET tax when they paid the Club Fee on a different (non-Hawai’i) contract? Is it even worth the time for such a small amount anyway….

IMG_0780.jpeg

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
So we paid the club fee on our WSJ unit (1st ownership) and then they also charged it on our WKORV unit. After some back and forth they credited our WKORV account $240 for the double charged club dues, but it looks like they did it via crediting a “payment” (developer) vs. reversing the fee. This has now resulted in the new GET tax being due even though this contract should not have had the club fee added at all. I am wondering if this is something that I need to get reversed (if I can even get someone to understand the situation) or if we really have to pay the GET on a contract that should not have been not charged for club dues in the first place? Has anyone else been charged the GET tax when they paid the Club Fee on a different (non-Hawai’i) contract? Is it even worth the time for such a small amount anyway….

View attachment 90328
It sounds like your accounts may not be merged correctly. Are they all deeded the same way? Same names on both deeds? You shouldn't have to pay this on the Hawaii deed if you paid the Club Dues on another VOI. That said, perhaps they just moved your payment from the WSJ to the WKOR? What does your WJS breakdown look like?

ConejoRed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Craigendarroch Lodges, HGVC Bay Club, HGVC GP MarBrisa, Westin St. John, Westin Ka’anapali Ocean Villas,
HGVC MAX, Worldmark, Wyndham CWA
Both are deeded the same and under one Vistana member account. If they had moved the payment from WSJ to WKOR I would have thought I would have then had a credit over there (since I paid it in full there including the fee). I seem to recall other reporting that they were double billed for Club Fees earlier.

IMG_0781.jpeg

sjlola

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN OF EYx5, 5* Elite
It should only apply to the ownership that also included the Club Dues fee.
Thanks for clarifying! I was trying to figure out why only one of our 4 weeks had the additional tax added. $13.90. I just paid the damn thing.

daviator

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKORVN, WDW, Westin FLEX, Marriott's MOC, Abound (Trust) Points
Today I got the email saying that I had a charge from Ocean Resort Master Association. But I checked all my VOIs and they all show zero balance and there are no new statements. So there appears to be nothing to pay. Gotta love MVC IT…