• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[Ongoing] Has anyone received a premium Marriott trade 6-12 months out?

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
yep. was just poking around this afternoon and there it was. grabed it immediately. dont know how it ended up there but i was very lucky to stumble upon it.

Couldn't do that with DC!

thinze3

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
yep. was just poking around this afternoon and there it was. grabed it immediately. dont know how it ended up there but i was very lucky to stumble upon it.

Probably a trade that got cancelled. I was told that many times those show up on the public system before matching ongoing searches. Great catch.

scrapngen

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, sort of.

We had an ongoing request for only 2 specific weeks in August using our 2 bedroom Waiohai - wanted MOC, Waiohai, or Kauai Lagoons.

We received our trade in May for MOC (older) 2 bedroom! for August 1st.
The II sheet said garden, but when my husband and DD checked in, they actually got oceanview overlooking the pool as well. :whoopie:

So got full two bedroom at MOC three months out. But, yes, used a HI full two bedroom for the trade. Still, wasn't sure I'd ever get 2 bedroom Maui. I specified only 2 bedroom. I was just hoping to get Waiohai, but threw in Maui just in case... figured nobody would be depositing 2 bedrooms anymore in II. I was wrong.

Granted, we left a day early with flights cancelled that Friday due to Iselle, but were moving on to Waiohai anyway (2 week vacation) so it worked..

rylan

Reaction score
A couple of mine recently...

Shadow Ridge Enclaves MR2 wk22 2bdrm, got Newport NCV wk35 2bdrm labor day this year, confirmed 12mo out.

Frenchman's Cove MFC wk50, got MFC wk4 2bdrm 2015, confirmed 10mo out.
This is my home resort so might be why I've had good luck trading back in to a different season. I normally get confirmed from 9-12mo out.

Was 2 years ago, but also got confirmed into a wk35 MSU 3bdrm from an accommodation cert.

rgrisard

Reaction score
Just got confirmed for an end of August 2015 platinum week at grand ocean on hilton head. Used my MFC gold for exchange.

EKniager

TUG Member
Reaction score
Used Week #21 (Memorial Day week!) at Harbour Point to get Week #21 at Grande Ocean 8 months in advance, request-first, within 3 days! We're happy with that! We bought HP for less than $1,000. A Gold GO would be about $8K (depending on view), right?

DanaTom

TUG Member
Reaction score
DSV gold 1Bdrm fall 2014: put in request first for MOC or MM1 for June 2015. Received offer for first week of July 1bdrm MOC Island view. (This unit wasn't on II search but they had it available when I called in my request first). I declined it and two weeks later was given end of June 1bdrm MOC Ocean Front.

This is similar trade to what I've been able to receive in the past, so at this point I'm not seeing any noticeable II trade value differences over the past few years.

thinze3

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Just got confirmed for an end of August 2015 platinum week at grand ocean on hilton head. Used my MFC gold for exchange.

Nice! Was it one of the first two weeks of August - check out on or before August 17th ?? Those are the premium weeks - mid June through mid August.

NJDave

TUG Member
Reaction score
We were confirmed into OceanWatch for next 4th of July. A couple of months ago, I modified the request to include OceanWatch.

Used a Platinum Cypress Harbour week.

thinze3

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We were confirmed into OceanWatch for next 4th of July. A couple of months ago, I modified the request to include OceanWatch.

Used a Platinum Cypress Harbour week.

Dave, I am assuming this was a 2BR, but knowing how you roll (last minute upgrades) it may not be. ;)

If so then this was technically only the second trade that meets the criteria laid out.

NJDave

TUG Member
Reaction score
Dave, I am assuming this was a 2BR, but knowing how you roll (last minute upgrades) it may not be. ;)

If so then this was technically only the second trade that meets the criteria laid out.

Yes. It is a two bedroom. I didn't post the size since OceanWatch only has two bedroom units and no lockoffs. However, I shouldn't assume that everyone knows that.

This is my 6th trade into OceanWatch in the summer and 3rd time for the 4th of July.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Yes. It is a two bedroom. I didn't post the size since OceanWatch only has two bedroom units and no lockoffs. However, I shouldn't assume that everyone knows that.

This is my 6th trade into OceanWatch in the summer and 3rd time for the 4th of July.

I think Terry was curious about the size of the unit used to trade in. Since Cypress Harbour is also 100% 2BR units with no lock offs, it was a 2BR for 2BR trade.

rgrisard

Reaction score
Nice! Was it one of the first two weeks of August - check out on or before August 17th ?? Those are the premium weeks - mid June through mid August.

It was end of August but before school starts. Still a great trade in my opinion. Going from Gold Frenchman's Cove to Platinum Hilton Head in Summer.

I know some like to look at MF's to determine value and would say I downgraded in value however I look at rental value and its a big upgrade in terms of what you can get in rent for the two weeks.

PearlCity

TUG Member
Reaction score
I got the 4th of July week check in June 28th check out July 4th 2015 for MKO hit 2 weeks ago. 1 bedroom used my platinum canyon villas for the trade. I also hit a studio out of Marriott preference for the same check in days with my world mark on July 7th of this year

Superchief

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just got confirmation for Labor Day week next year at Grand Ocean in exchange for my late April 2014 NCV gold week. I had requested it about two months ago. I had also made a DC point reservation for the same week at SurfWatch. Now I'll have to decide whether to rent that week, redeposit points, or see if another family member or friend wants to use it.

I typically make a DC point reservation while waiting for an exchange, since this allows us to lock in our travel dates. Flexibility is a good thing:)

malago

TUG Member
Reaction score
Maui into Ocean Watch

About a month agao I deposited into II my Marriott Maui Ocean Club (Easter Week) for a 2015 August (last 2 weeks) into MOW and still waiting. Any guess as to this trade coming thru?

Superchief

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just got confirmation for Labor Day week next year at Grand Ocean in exchange for my late April 2014 NCV gold week. I had requested it about two months ago. I had also made a DC point reservation for the same week at SurfWatch. Now I'll have to decide whether to rent that week, redeposit points, or see if another family member or friend wants to use it.

I typically make a DC point reservation while waiting for an exchange, since this allows us to lock in our travel dates. Flexibility is a good thing:)

I forgot to mention that Grand Ocean wasn't available for DC point reservations, so II actually had better availability than DC. This contradicts what MVC sales people are telling everyone about the death of II.

Quimby4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott DSV II
Riviera Beach Spa Resort (deed back 2018)
I have had an on going search for NCV Mid July 2014 - Mid August 2014, since summer 2013.

Using 3 units, nothing.
Using 1 bedroom & Studio Gold DSV, wishing I hadn't locked them off to trade.

Just recently placed request for Ko'Olina for Easter 2015 so I don't expect that one to come through for a while since we are just 12 months out.

I forgot to update.
I did receive the trades into Ko'Olina, not 2 bedrooms, but I consider premium since Spring Break. Was happy to get 3 units the same week for the whole family to visit together.

DSV studio = MKO Studio (island view), will try to retrade as it gets closer
DSV 1B = MKO 1 bedroom (oceanview)
DSV 2B = MKO 1 bedroom (oceanview)
(all my DSV are gold units)

I never did get a NCV trade for Summer 2014, luckily I found a week for late June 2014, a few weeks before, that I was able to grab while searching.

Last edited:

Cindala

TUG Member
Reaction score
Traded Marriott Grand Vista Gold 2 bedroom for July 4th week Marriott Fairway Villas Platinum 2 bedroom. Did not put in request, traded directly online,

I was actually surprised at what was available to me just by looking online at Interval. :)

Fairwinds

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Traded this year with a gold FC for Plat St. Kitts. Request place 10-11 months out. Confirmed at >9 months.

RebV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Super quick 2-week exchange filled!!!!

I have been searching for Marriott exchanges using my two deposited weeks to no avail. Sunday I called II and put in my request and by yesterday I had two confirmed back-to-back exchanges for Hawaii next Christmas!! Ko Olina first and then Waiohai to end the year. I was really getting worried when I didn't see anything on my own. This is the first time I have used the request system and am glad that I did.

Last edited by a moderator:

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
You confirmed two exchanges in to Hawaii over Christmas? If so, this post is more fitting in this thread in the Marriott forum.

It would be rare to ever see this kind of availability just sitting online.