• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Payment details on eBay

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
-If you back out of the deal, then you will owe us $150 paid by paypal to release you from the auction.

This covers us re-listing the item. If you do not pay that, then we will have no choice but to report it to eBay and file a non-paying bidder report and let them take administrative actions which could include suspension. There is no exception to this rule. We do take it serious and we do leave negative feedback for deadbeat bidders.

ASK ALL QUESTIONS BEFORE YOU PLACE A BID, NOT AFTER YOU PLACE THE BID.

There are a lot of people who bid on these and think that it just opens up the line for questions once it is won. That is not the case, ask all and any questions prior to winning. You are the winner of the auction and you have agreed to pay the amount you bid plus the closing costs in the yellow box if indeed you are the high bidder at the end.-

The above is in listings by one eBay seller. I wonder if and how he could enforce this. All his auctions are by private bidding so for some reason you can't even access recent past auctions to see what he sold.
He does have a high feedback rating, but does not use an escrow company.

djs

TUG Member
Reaction score
If it's for a timeshare, then a bid on eBay is "non-binding". When one bids on an eBay auction involving real estate, they are technically expressing an "interest" in buying the property.

The conscensus that I've seen seems to say that if you back out of a timeshare purchase on eBay (and it's not as a result of the listing being wrong) you should offer to pay some amount in order to compensate the seller for his/her fees. $150 seems a bit high for this purpose.

Sellers can no longer leave negative feedback, if one were to back out of a timeshare purchase I don't think there is really any recourse for the seller.

Born2Travel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Kuleana, Sands of Kahana, Marriott Newport Coast Villas, Marriott Grand Chateau, Worldmark, Foxrun
How much does it cost to list?

I have not listed anything to sell on ebay so I have no knowledge of the listing costs, but how could these resellers be listing and selling weeks at $.99 if it costs them $150 to list it?

I think it's a good thing these auctions are non-binding as there are so many bad resllers listing items that are incorrect and then expecting the buyers to know all the details. The seller should be held accountable for publishing correct information in their ad. And if they are non-binding, then the seller knows very well what they are getting into when they list and can't force the bidder to complete the transaction.

sernow

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have not listed anything to sell on ebay so I have no knowledge of the listing costs, but how could these resellers be listing and selling weeks at $.99 if it costs them $150 to list it?

The resellers are able to sell these weeks on ebay for $.99 because the owners of the units have paid these companies (or a sister company) a fee of thousands of dollars to take the week. This is the main source of revenue for these companies (or a sister company). The listing fee on ebay is just a cost of doing business for the reseller. Also remember that these resellers typically charge exorbitant closing and other transactional fees that they profit from as well.

Born2Travel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Kuleana, Sands of Kahana, Marriott Newport Coast Villas, Marriott Grand Chateau, Worldmark, Foxrun
Thanks - yes, I agree... I realized this and answered my own question after I had posted. They really don't care what it sells for as long as it sells before the next MF comes due.