• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Peppertree Atlantic Beach I bankruptcy

allsmiles277

Reaction score
Peppertree was always one of my favorites in the past and maintenance fees continue to rise and make only prime summer weeks the only value at Peppertree now. Special assessments are a new thing to me and they are always a big surprise to new owners. Peppertree is not an ocean front complex. There is a road between the complex and the gazebo going out to the beach. The 2 bedroom units closest to the beach are very roomy in my opinion and the deck is fairly roomy for some units, Some units face towards the beach and the others face in the opposite direction from inside the unit. Once you get out on the deck you have a better view of ocean in some of the units. There are some near the elevator shaft in Buildings 19 and 18 that have a blocked view of the ocean because of the geniuses placement of the elevator shaft and deck work. I still like Peppertree but I despise Festiva and The Board for Section II. The Board members should all be voted out !!!

allsmiles277

Reaction score
Years ago I called the Town Office at Atlantic Beach, NC and asked them about the danger for children going out the gate into traffic and possibly getting hit by a car. I don't know if a child has ever been hit by a car there but it is still a very dangerous place for children especially if their parents are not paying attention. I am still concerned about this and slow down signs and speed bumps help but are not a permanent answer to the problem. Any ideas how this could be fixed out there ??

NC Air

Reaction score
Is this resort worth visiting in N.C. ?

Peppertree is not an ocean front complex. There is a road between the complex and the gazebo going out to the beach. The 2 bedroom units closest to the beach are very roomy in my opinion and the deck is fairly roomy for some units, Some units face towards the beach and the others face in the opposite direction from inside the unit. Once you get out on the deck you have a better view of ocean in some of the units.

Don't let the reply above make you think this isn't an oceanfront resort. It is indeed oceanfront, as shown by the map below (and use google earth)

orig_boomver_1_100019317-1.jpg

what the poster above describes about a road is a function of Atlantic Beach being a VERY NARROW ISLAND. Only 30-40 houses in the entire town have a front porch that steps down onto the dune, if that's what your definition of oceanfront is.

The resort is surrounded by a quiet residential neighborhood (with access from the front off the busy main commercial road). The whole neighborhood has a VERY QUIET residential road (1 car every 2 to 3 minutes at most) that runs parallel to the beach in between the first house on the beach and the rest of the houses. ALL OTHER HOMES including the Peppertree resort are on the land-side of this road, meaning 99.9% of everyone at this beach whether at Peppertree or renting a beachhouse will walk across a TINY road before they hit the sand. It's BARELY two lanes wide, and there's not even a painted stripe in the middle, it's THAT quiet and that narrow.

peppertree9 by NC Air, on Flickr

All the buildings numbered 17-25 are oceanfront built perpendicular to the beach. Number 23 and 25 are the closest to the water. All the others in this range are as oceanfront as you can get, given the size of land the resort owns, and have various degrees of views, both unobstructed and partially unobstructed as the other poster noted. The worst view is from building 17, as they built a freestanding elevator tower in front of it to service 17-18-19-24-25.

Buildings 15-16 an 32-33 are a short walk but other houses lie between them and the beach. They are up in the air with a good view though. Buildings 26-31 are about 5 minutes walk from the beach and you can't see any beach from them at all. They are thew newest condos on property but in the worst location, in my opinion. They are less "beachy" and seem more like an old fashioned motel with exterior doors opening directly to the parking lot like a Fairfield Inn or other lower-end chain. Insides are nice, but the location is bad. Because these are hidden from the beach, there's very little breeze, so mosquitoes are a nuisance only in these units when sitting outside on their back porch. (All the other units except 26-31 are taller with their first floors actually being 1 level above the parking lot, so they always have a nice breeze and rarerly mosquitoes.) The only reason I can think of wanting to stay in 26-31 would be so you're two steps away from the indoor pool, so perhaps in the dead of winter? Otherwise you won't know you're at the beach at all.

There are presently no buildings 1-14 as they were all recently torn down and the homeowners association filed bankruptcy, which is what this thread is discussing. The land where they used to be is currently for sale to have the condos rebuilt, but the current management can't build them because of punishment from the State Attorney General's office for shady, pushy, dishonest, and manipulative sales practices. Eventually someone will come in and rebuild, and it remains to be seen what will happen between the two groups at that point.

It's a great resort and location to visit. The management by Festiva sucks but if you're not an owner that won't concern you. Enjoy.

Last edited:

allsmiles277

Reaction score
I call "oceanfront" not having to cross a paved road to get to the ocean.

Last edited:

allsmiles277

Reaction score
I would consider the "gazebo" at Peppertree AB to be oceanfront but would not consider Buildings 17-25 oceanfront.

Last edited:

allsmiles277

Reaction score
How many "oceanfront " properties have you ever seen where you have to cross a paved road open to community traffic ?

Last edited:

allsmiles277

Reaction score
<object name="Slideshow" id="Slideshow" width="425" height="425" align="middle" codebase

Last edited:

allsmiles277

Reaction score
The picture posted is clearly crossing a paved road to get to the beach.

Last edited:

allsmiles277

Reaction score
Oceanfront - An oceanfront home has no homes or buildable lots located between it and the ocean. The distance between the home and the ocean may vary.

Last edited:

allsmiles277

Reaction score
Oceanfront Location
A property receives the “oceanfront” label -- and usually a higher price tag -- when the space between it and the beach is not an area where someone is allowed to build a road or another structure. It is worth noting that you may not be able to see the beach or the water in the horizon from your window. Thus, do not assume that the oceanfront property you are considering offers those sightseeing opportunities. When you rent a vacation home or reserve a hotel room over the Internet or telephone, be specific about what your view expectations are when communicating with customer service.

allsmiles277

Reaction score
Oceanside Location
At least one structure exists between a property categorized as “oceanside” and the seashore. You may also have to cross a road to reach the beach from an oceanside location.

NC Air

Reaction score
allsmiles.
SETTLE THE HELL DOWN
geez

Pedro: I misquoted the building with the view obstructed by the elevator, it's 19 not 17. Yes, it's an oceanfront resort. Feel free to read allsmiles ten or twenty posts getting all wound up about definitions and google maps etc.

I highlighted in yellow the area of houses that are between part of the resort and the beach. Everything in the phot that's not in yellow is part of this oceanfront resort.

28560491491_13967301e1.jpg
[/url]Capture by NC Air, on Flickr[/IMG]

Here's a screencapture from google maps satellite view. The area closest to the beach is obvious. There is nothing between you and the ocean except a small quiet residential road unless you are in the buildings farther around the corner. The property is shaped like an upside down letter "L". For what I think you're asking, yes, I'd call this oceanfront.

I think you can figure this out for yourself. Enjoy your time.

Last edited:

allsmiles277

Reaction score
allsmiles.
SETTLE THE HELL DOWN
geez

Pedro: I misquoted the building with the view obstructed by the elevator, it's 19 not 17. Yes, it's an oceanfront resort. Feel free to read allsmiles ten or twenty posts getting all wound up about definitions and google maps etc. I think you can figure this out for yourself. Enjoy your time.
NC Air ....read the definition of Oceanfront in the Merriam dictionary and post a Google earth aerial photo and see who is correct. Apparently you think Ocean side = Ocean front and it doesn't.

NC Air

Reaction score
NC Air ....read the definition of Oceanfront in the Merriam dictionary and post a Google earth aerial photo and see who is correct. Apparently you think Ocean side = Ocean front and it doesn't.

it's 10 feet of pavement with maybe 50 cars in a DAY driving on it. RELAX, that's what the beach is for. Pedro can decide for himself if he wants to come here or not. I'm not going to debate you trying to proved who's right and what some dictionary says, it's just stupid. Have a nice weekend and get off the computer.

allsmiles277

Reaction score
allsmiles.
SETTLE THE HELL DOWN
geez

Pedro: I misquoted the building with the view obstructed by the elevator, it's 19 not 17. Yes, it's an oceanfront resort. Feel free to read allsmiles ten or twenty posts getting all wound up about definitions and google maps etc.

I highlighted in yellow the area of houses that are between part of the resort and the beach. Everything in the phot that's not in yellow is part of this oceanfront resort.

28560491491_13967301e1.jpg
[/url]Capture by NC Air, on Flickr[/IMG]

Here's a screencapture from google maps satellite view. The area closest to the beach is obvious. There is nothing between you and the ocean except a small quiet residential road unless you are in the buildings farther around the corner. The property is shaped like an upside down letter "L". For what I think you're asking, yes, I'd call this oceanfront.

I think you can figure this out for yourself. Enjoy your time.
Misquoted.....more like disallusional

allsmiles277

Reaction score
Yes and that road is the reason Buildings 17-25 are not oceanfront. Thank you for making my case.
The cottages on the north side of Ocean Ridge Rd are also not oceanfront. Only the cottages on the southern side are oceanfront.

allsmiles277

Reaction score
Oceanfront cottages are on the ocean front and have nothing in between their cottage and the ocean like a residential street.

Last edited: