• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Emaraj1

Reaction score
Hello everyone, me and my wife think we made a horrible financial mistake and signing for the BlueGreen vacation club points while we really can’t afford to add expenses to our budget. We live in Florida and tried to go on a little get away by going on a staycation to one of the bluegreen resorts in our area and during the presentation we ended up signing for deed of points. Does anyone have any advise on trying to get out of this contract/deed? We signed the papers on 3/8/24 and want to know the best way to go about rescinding the agreement. Please help!

zentraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Four Seasons Residence Club
You will get others who know more about the process telling you what I would say -- RECIND ASAP. You are fortunate to have found TUG while you are still in your recession window.

Welcome to TUG and congratulations that you are asking now and not when you are beyond the time to do anything about getting out of this!

Emaraj1

Reaction score
You will get others who know more about the process telling you what I would say -- RECIND ASAP. You are fortunate to have found TUG while you are still in your recession window.

Welcome to TUG and congratulations that you are asking now and not when you are beyond the time to do anything about getting out of this!
Do you have any advice on how to get started on the recind process? Thank you so much

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
Rescinding is easy.

Find the rescission instructions found in your contract. Follow them exactly.

Your rescission letter can be as simple as “I am exercising my contractual right to rescind the timeshare purchased on (enter date).” Include the contract number, the names and addresses of the parties on the contract and have all parties on the contract sign the letter.

Mail the letter certified so you can have proof of the postmark date. You have ten days in Florida to rescind. Doesn’t matter when they get it, only when you send it which is why proof of postmark date is important. Don’t procrastinate, do the rescission ASAP.

You can then relax and wait for the credit card refund. Your rescission right is guaranteed by state law. They do not have to notify you that the rescission is being processed, and likely will not. What they may try is to call you stating that they need to talk to you before processing the rescission. That is not true, they will only attempt to talk you out of it. Ignore their calls.

Congrats on rescinding on time. What they sold you for thousands is literally worth zero before the ink is dry. So many come to TUG months or years later asking how to get out of it. It is too late for them but you have dodged a bullet. Care to share the purchase price? TUG tracks the savings by rescinding.

Emaraj1

Reaction score
Rescinding is easy.

Find the rescission instructions found in your contract. Follow them exactly.

Your rescission letter can be as simple as “I am exercising my contractual right to rescind the timeshare purchased on (enter date).” Include the contract number, the names and addresses of the parties on the contract and have all parties on the contract sign the letter.

Mail the letter certified so you can have proof of the postmark date. You have ten days in Florida to rescind. Doesn’t matter when they get it, only when you send it which is why proof of postmark date is important. Don’t procrastinate, do the rescission ASAP.

You can then relax and wait for the credit card refund. Your rescission right is guaranteed by state law. They do not have to notify you that the rescission is being processed, and likely will not. What they may try is to call you stating that they need to talk to you before processing the rescission. That is not true, they will only attempt to talk you out of it. Ignore their calls.

Congrats on rescinding on time. What they sold you for thousands is literally worth zero before the ink is dry. So many come to TUG months or years later asking how to get out of it. It is too late for them but you have dodged a bullet. Care to share the purchase price? TUG tracks the savings by rescinding.
We have a total price of 13k for 8k points EOY(every other year) we did get an extra 4k points a year for the first 2 years as well as the charter certificate and a royal carribean cruise, with maintenance fees around 780/year. I hope this helps others and we will definitely start on getting the rescission process ASAP, hopefully we it will be successful. Thank you for the advice and reassurance.

zentraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Four Seasons Residence Club
We have a total price of 13k for 8k points EOY(every other year) we did get an extra 4k points a year for the first 2 years as well as the charter certificate and a royal carribean cruise, with maintenance fees around 780/year. I hope this helps others and we will definitely start on getting the rescission process ASAP, hopefully we it will be successful. Thank you for the advice and reassurance.
As far as I know, if you are within the recision period, which you should be, and do it properly you should not have any trouble. One thing no one mentioned is do not go back to the sales department for anything. They will just try to talk you out of it. There are many threads on recinding in TUG so you might take a look at those, but it should be straightforward.

ScoopKona

Reaction score
Monkey King Coffee - Captain Cook, Hawaii
And send it return receipt. It only costs a couple bucks. Then you have physical proof that they received your rescission letter.

Find the cancellation instructions in your contract paperwork -- often it's "hiding in plain sight." If the instructions say to sign with a blue pen, DO SO. Whatever the letter says, that's what you do.

Make a copy (scan/photograph with your phone/use a copier). And send it return receipt. That gives you useful physical evidence in the unlikely event that there's a problem with the mail.

WaikikiFirst

Reaction score
other experts here have recommended incl a copy of the signature pg of the orig contract. Idk if your "instructions" will say that, but it can't hurt. I guess the deal is all the signatures on the contract have to also be on the recision and they have to look the same, to eliminate any wiggle-room.

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
As others have said--follow directions exactly as in packet. Even if not indicated in packet do this:
  • Include the contract number, the names and addresses of the parties on the contract and have all parties on the contract sign the letter.
  • Make a copy.
  • Mail the letter certified so you can have proof of the postmark date. Spend the extra $ to get return receipt (makes life much easier if they say they never got it). You have ten days in Florida to rescind. Doesn’t matter when they get it, only when you send it which is why proof of postmark date is important. Don’t procrastinate, do the rescission ASAP.
I would add that if there is not a specific address listed in the packet for rescissions--mail to corporate office and sales office, both certified. Mail it Monday. Life happens and you do not want to miss your ONLY chance to rescind. Good luck!

rjwehr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mountainside @Granby Ranch,
Landmark Holiday Beach-PCB,
Inverness @ New Braunfels
Ditto everything mentioned above. Here's a link to some additional information:

Good luck to you.