• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Point reservation requiring Trust points only

Red elephant

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WSJ
Harborside
Nanea
SDO
SVV
SBP
Hello all,
I tried to make a reservation using points for a deluxe studio at lakeshore reserve 12/11/24 and it would not allow me to use enrolled points said I had to use trust points. Anyone experience this?
1711254121328.png

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
It looks to me that you are trying to use more elected points than you have a available.

Red elephant

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WSJ
Harborside
Nanea
SDO
SVV
SBP
It looks to me that you are trying to use more elected points than you have an available.
When I double checked the reservation was booked twice. There was a glitch when trying to make the reservation and the system said it did not go thru so I was trying to do it again not realizing that it had gone thru . Ended up with 2 reservations!! Thx

Last edited:

Pamplemousse

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello all,
I tried to make a reservation using points for a deluxe studio at lakeshore reserve 12/11/24 and it would not allow me to use enrolled points said I had to use trust points. Anyone experience this?
View attachment 90111
I also see that it says trust/exchange- it was not asking for trust points only.
Is “exchange“ the same as elected? I seem to remember seeing that someplace?

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I also see that it says trust/exchange- it was not asking for trust points only.
Is “exchange“ the same as elected? I seem to remember seeing that someplace?
Exchange would be the same as elected. In this case they had a reservation that required 1175 points but they only had 665 in elected points. If you subtract the 665 from the 1175 you get the 510. So I think the system was telling them that they needed another 510 of from Trust because that was the only source for more points. They couldn't put 1175 in the box just for elected because there wasn't enough

Red elephant

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WSJ
Harborside
Nanea
SDO
SVV
SBP
Exchange would be the same as elected. In this case they had a reservation that required 1175 points but they only had 665 in elected points. If you subtract the 665 from the 1175 you get the 510. So I think the system was telling them that they needed another 510 of from Trust because that was the only source for more points. They couldn't put 1175 in the box just for elected because there wasn't enough
Thank you for explaining this. After I read your initial post I went back to check because I started out with 1840 elected points and I was wondering where it went. That’s how I realized the initial reservation had in fact gone thru.

Pamplemousse

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks I did think elected and exchanged were the same.
And I saw on the bottom it was asking for points from trust/exchange so either.
And as you say it makes sense to borrow from trust since it was the only source.