• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Princess Kate

Cornell

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't think cancer is "fun" either. But Kate's life is interesting. And I am going to continue to SPECULATE despite directives from others to stop. We speculate about all kinds of people in public life that we don't know personally (sports figures, musicians, politicians, actors / actresses etc).

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
I don't think cancer is "fun" either. But Kate's life is interesting. And I am going to continue to SPECULATE despite directives from others to stop. We speculate about all kinds of people in public life that we don't know personally (sports figures, musicians, politicians, actors / actresses etc).
Speculate about what?

WaikikiFirst

Reaction score
What does a Princess actually do ?
She shows up & looks happy. Much tougher when you have cancer. I recently watched "Madness of King George". I think the last line in the film was KG saying to his dozen+ family (as they're standing on the steps outside Idontrememberwhichbuilding waving to the crowd)
"Look happy. That's what we're here for."
Great film. Interesting how they made KG, whose butt we had to kick back in 1776 after he heavily overplayed his hand, seem like a good guy and a great husband. I assume it is true. Also interesting how they kind of made it seem like losing "the colonies" was partly responsible for his "madness", though in the end they say he probably had porphyria.
Interesting thing about porphyria? That is one of the diseases House's crew used to yell out in many episodes as the possible disease, when they'd sit around the room and "differentially diagnose".

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
She shows up & looks happy. Much tougher when you have cancer.

I agree. She really did look great explaining her untimely predicament.

Bill

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Catherine Middleton is the mother of 3 young children, and only 41 years old. Although this may be newsworthy, I don't find it to be "fun." In fact, I think it's very sad, and I think it's unkind to be disrespectful of anyone in this situation.
I agree with DeniseM, this could be your sister, your daughter or your Daughter-in-Law. IMHO.

Snazzylass

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sedona Pines
I agree with DeniseM, this could be your sister, your daughter or your Daughter-in-Law. IMHO.
Been there, done that. And, yes, I always want to have as good of understanding of the situation as possible, and provide love, support, and prayers.

It's the sloppy public announcements and non-announcements that have caused the speculation, not her actual illness. The British press have known all along what was going on. They just didn't say.

She is public figure and thrives on promoting how picture perfect her family situation is, etc. It's also helpful when health crisises are shared. Think of what Betty Ford did for breast cancer. Unfortunately this situation has not been handled in the same way.

Of course we wish her well and a long life, too. i half believe that the health crisis may be behind her. It's not 1924 though and they have kidded themselves about how they can "handle" this.

Snazzylass

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sedona Pines
Her surgery was all over the news in Canada due to us being a Commonwealth country but I did see some articles in the American news outlets. I hope Princess Kate and King Charles each have a full and speedy recovery.

I (& probably countless others) can not figure out what kind of major abdominal surgery requires 13 days in the hospital these days. C-sections, hysterectomies, gall bladder and appendix removal and other major surgeries are done with a day surgery or sometimes just an overnight stay in Canadian hospitals unless there are extenuating circumstances. Even my after breast cancer surgery I was only kept in one night and only because one incision was still bleeding a little and I had a slight fever, otherwise I would have been discharged a few hours after surgery. Maybe Canadian hospitals are an exception? It isn't due to cost because our hospital stays and nearly all care is free. I would think living in a place with lots of home help would have allowed Kate to return home sooner and be less stressful for her young children. It is also surprising (and disappointing) that it took so long for the results to come back after her surgery. I would have thought she would have been in a fully equipped hospital that could do testing right away. The Barrie ON hospital where I had my cancer surgery has a lab in the basement so my surgeon had the results from the lump, surrounding tissue and lymph nodes before she finished surgery and she told DH & I the results when I woke up in recovery.

~Diane
Yup! 13-14 days - that was the first tip off that something wasn't right. I actually heard somewhere that she was in a medically-induced coma. So, maybe something went wrong. We were told upfront that this was scheduled which would follow the cancer diagnosis, and yet, we were also told it was non-cancerous.

In hindsight, it seems that this has always been about cancer. It feels like they just could not wrap their minds around it and that's okay.

I'm not buying that it really took so long for the results. Clearly they have worked awfully hard to carefully craft a lot of misinformation. I get it. We see it all the time in our personal lives. It's hard for people to accept their health diagnosis. On the other hand, it's not that hand to piece together medical stuff and how all that works.

Cornell

TUG Member
Reaction score
Been there, done that. And, yes, I always want to have as good of understanding of the situation as possible, and provide love, support, and prayers.

It's the sloppy public announcements and non-announcements that have caused the speculation, not her actual illness. The British press have known all along what was going on. They just didn't say.

She is public figure and thrives on promoting how picture perfect her family situation is, etc. It's also helpful when health crisises are shared. Think of what Betty Ford did for breast cancer. Unfortunately this situation has not been handled in the same way.

Of course we wish her well and a long life, too. i half believe that the health crisis may be behind her. It's not 1924 though and they have kidded themselves about how they can "handle" this.
Let’s not forget she sent out a faked photo.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
If the hospital stay was prolonged, it could have been that the surgery was longer than expected when they found cancerous lymph nodes which they then removed at the same time. That would have needed much longer recovery time in the hospital. I had a couple of relatives and neighbors who went in for abdominal surgery and doctors found cancerous lymph nodes. The doctors sewed them back up for a couple of them without doing anything and sent them on for cancer treatment. A couple of them turned an hour surgery into 5-hour surgeries while the surgeons scrapped off the cancerous lymph nodes. Every case is different.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I think she did that because she wanted to look "good" for the mother's day post. A mistake for not reviewing her health situation then and tried to hide it with a good photo of hers and her children.

Reactions: Tia

Timeshare Von

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham (77k points at Myrtle Beach/Westwinds)
Her surgery was all over the news in Canada due to us being a Commonwealth country but I did see some articles in the American news outlets. I hope Princess Kate and King Charles each have a full and speedy recovery.

I (& probably countless others) can not figure out what kind of major abdominal surgery requires 13 days in the hospital these days. C-sections, hysterectomies, gall bladder and appendix removal and other major surgeries are done with a day surgery or sometimes just an overnight stay in Canadian hospitals unless there are extenuating circumstances. Even my after breast cancer surgery I was only kept in one night and only because one incision was still bleeding a little and I had a slight fever, otherwise I would have been discharged a few hours after surgery. Maybe Canadian hospitals are an exception? It isn't due to cost because our hospital stays and nearly all care is free. I would think living in a place with lots of home help would have allowed Kate to return home sooner and be less stressful for her young children. It is also surprising (and disappointing) that it took so long for the results to come back after her surgery. I would have thought she would have been in a fully equipped hospital that could do testing right away. The Barrie ON hospital where I had my cancer surgery has a lab in the basement so my surgeon had the results from the lump, surrounding tissue and lymph nodes before she finished surgery and she told DH & I the results when I woke up in recovery.

~Diane
Every situation is different. I was Dx with a mass on an ovary. The plan was to do the oophorectomy (removal of both ovaries and fallopian tubes) first, send the mass out for lab evaluation for cancer, and proceed with a hysterectomy (for my terrible fibroids). If the lab work came back as cancer, we had a plan to proceed with additional cancer staging (to include removing some abdominal lymph nodes) and removal of the omendum. If not cancer, no need for either. But if unable to determine (requiring more extensive lab work), then I authorized them to proceed as if we were dealing with cancer . . . which is what my case turned out to be. It was nearly 10 days later for the pathology to come back as ovarian cancer, stage 1A.

With all of that said, I was in the hospital for 8 days because I essentially had 3 major surgeries (not laproscopic and was under for close to 6 hours) to include having an epidural for pain for the surgery plus 6 days of recovery.

As for Kate's situation, I pray for her and a full recovery! Cancer sucks, and is scary even in the best of circumstances.

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Catherine Middleton is the mother of 3 young children, and only 41 years old. Although this may be newsworthy, I don't find it to be "fun." In fact, I think it's very sad, and I think it's unkind to be disrespectful of anyone in this situation.

The "fun" part is participating in a thread that people might be interested in. The reason it is fun has nothing to do with disrespecting anyone, especially anyone suffering health disorders. Yes, it is sad, but because Kate is who she is there is interest in the what and why of her situation.

It was also sad when Princess Di crashed. No one here had any problem with those threads. Why is this thread any different ?

Bill

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I think she did that because she wanted to look "good" for the mother's day post. A mistake for not reviewing her health situation then and tried to hide it with a good photo of hers and her children.

I heard that comment about Mothers Day and thought the photo was put out too early because its usually in May. My wife told me Mothers Day is in March in England. I thought it would be the same day as in Canada which is the same as the USA.

Bill

Cornell

TUG Member
Reaction score
The "fun" part is participating in a thread that people might be interested in. The reason it is fun has nothing to do with disrespecting anyone, especially anyone suffering health disorders. Yes, it is sad, but because Kate is who she is there is interest in the what and why of her situation.

It was also sad when Princess Di crashed. No one here had any problem with those threads. Why is this thread any different ?

Bill
The post is now filled with —GASP- speculation about the photo and the length of her hospitalization.

Snazzylass

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sedona Pines
She did? Or her staff? Or William's? A new hire? Remember, it's "The Firm."

Well, maybe she did do it. I don't know, but that's got to be way up there in PR snafus. What a blunder.

Red elephant

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WSJ
Harborside
Nanea
SDO
SVV
SBP

Well, maybe she did do it. I don't know, but that's got to be way up there in PR snafus. What a blunder.
She took ownership of putting it out. Total blunder.

Reactions: Tia

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn

Snazzylass

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sedona Pines
She took ownership of putting it out. Total blunder.
It's an organization. There is staff. I had a boss once who took credit for my work. That doesn't mean he did the work. He presented my work. Maybe it was the same for her Insta account.

Sure, it's possible she assembled the photo. Seriously, she is the only one who could offer an explanation without blowing the cover of the incompetent staff, if this was orchestrated by someone else. I mean, what else were they supposed to say?

If you want to believe their innocence, go ahead. The blunders started in January.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo

When was the last time you viewed a photograph of a professional that was not enhanced in some manner. Give the poor woman a break. She was and is Dealing with cancer and chemotherapy. How harshly a woman judges another woman.

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
When was the last time you viewed a photograph of a professional that was not enhanced in some manner. Give the poor woman a break. She was and is Dealing with cancer and chemotherapy. How harshly a woman judges another woman.

Most of us wouldn't have looked at the photo that close to see anything wrong. It's not like it was a bad picture. Even after someone pointed this out I couldn't tell it was what ever it is.

Bill

Cornell

TUG Member
Reaction score
Oh please. This wasn’t a filter or an enhancement. It was a complete Photoshop using a photo of her from a prior Vogue cover with her kids cropped in. It wasn’t an airbrush to make her look better while sick.

The Firm sent this picture out to buy time and to squash public discourse and the whole thing spectacularly backfired forcing Kate to come out with her video statement. The photo was such a blatant fake that it made the public wonder “what’s going on”? Major news orgs wouldn’t have put a stop to the photo of were just a filter.

And you are lecturing me on how a woman should behave. Come on.

Last edited:

Cornell

TUG Member
Reaction score

I’m with you 100 percent on this. There were MANY people involved with this photo & its release.