• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[Response to TUG Ad: Scammer - Sister Vincentia Goeb] [merged]

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
This is a SCAM ~ American Title is where Sister Vincentia Goeb wanted me to send my money. She only wanted to work with HER broker. I was to send the money to Mr. Samuel Kaplan. THIS IS A SCAM ~ DON'T DO IT!!!!!

Please read the other [posts in this thread for more information.]

(Corrected typo, and abrupt message.)

Last edited:

csxjohn

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
Thanks for the update Cliffwood.

Please fill us in on why she wanted you, the seller, to send money.

This is the part that some are having a hard time seeing.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
agreed, im a bit fuzzy on this one myself

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Is Samuel Kaplan BACK from the "timeshare convention" ?

Originally Posted by Cliffwood
This is a SCAM ~ American Title is where Sister Vincentia Goeb wanted me to send my money. She only wanted to work with HER broker. I was to send the money to Mr. Samuel Kaplan. THIS IS A SCAM ~ DON'T DO IT!!!!!

<snip> JUST BEWARE!!!!!!!! I did all the research and still I was scammed. Really!!!!

I believe Samuel Kaplan was the same (...mythical) broker name used by "Judy Boulay" and "Frank Tesoro".
Samuel was the guy supposedly in Cairo at the time --- "attending a timeshare convention" :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

I give up trying to convince anyone that this is just a convoluted scam. If you believe otherwise, then go right ahead and send Sammy some money --- he may still be at the "timeshare convention in Egypt". :rolleyes:

Last edited:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
eh, its quite alright...he got scammed and wants to tell his story...certainly not uncommon or unwelcome.

he certainly means well in trying to warn others before they are ripped off =)

Rent_Share

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the update Cliffwood.

Please fill us in on why she wanted you, the seller, to send money.

This is the part that some are having a hard time seeing.

Now, I just got an email from SISTER VINCENTIA GOEB to send my check for $2400 to Mr. Samual Kaplan for timeshare closing, etc

I am still confused if Cliffwood actually sent funds

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
the only thing I can think of is this is another "send me the difference" scam...where you get a fake check (even from an escrow company) and are then asked to send a real check for the "commission" or whatever to some 3rd party.

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
the only thing I can think of is this is another "send me the difference" scam...where you get a fake check (even from an escrow company) and are then asked to send a real check for the "commission" or whatever to some 3rd party.

That's what I'm thinking too. From his post it looks like he was asked to send funds but did not. I hope that's the case.

Last edited:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Last edited:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
ah, that must have been post merge...lol

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
This scam is similar to the one mentioned in this article:

http://tug2.net/timeshare_advice/timeshare_scams_revealed.html

under the heading “Send Me The Difference” Scam. I'm not too sure of the date the article was written. But it's likely that this (somewhat) new "Forward the Commission to my Broker" scam emerged after the article was written.

Maybe an update to that article describing how the "Forward...Broker" scam works would be in order? :shrug:

Ron98GT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC (7k Hawaii), Marriott (2-Bdrm L/O), & RCI Points (80k Grand View)
That's what I'm thinking too. From his post it looks like he was asked to send funds but did not. I hope that's the case.

He said that he was scammed. So did he send money and why?

Ron98GT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC (7k Hawaii), Marriott (2-Bdrm L/O), & RCI Points (80k Grand View)
72 Posts Arguing whether a classic 419 Scam Inquiry is legitimate, either they are getting better or some part of the Tug Community is slipping.

It didn't help that the original email did not appear until half way through the thread.

Don't know why Ron98GT can't let go of the fact that even though they mentioned a legitimate title company was proof the were ever going to be part of the transaction.

I put up a link where the same or similar people were issuing the name of Chicago Title often enough that Chicago Title put a disclaimer on their website.
I said I was letting it go, I let it go, it's gone ... :crash:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
concept in bold in that article still mentions to never accept a check for more than the asking price...doesnt really matter what the situation is.

but i dont mind updating the article to at least mention the bogus escrow companies.

pearce

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Atlantic Palace, Atlantic City, NJ
The Wellington, Rhode Island
Grand Beach, Orlando, FL

They tell you they will send you a certified check ~ which you think is good as gold. No ~ In those countrys they can decide not to send the money and the money is resinded~ you aren't aware that the funds were stopped, and you don't realize it for weeks. In the meantime you are sending them one of your checks. The Attorney General's office and the Office of Consumer affairs said
there is nothing they can do about it because these people are from another Country.

Bottom Line ... You got scammed and there is nothing you can do about it!!!

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
What country was the check from?

(Please click on POST REPLY to respond.)

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
He said that he was scammed. So did he send money and why?

He also said "if I did send money he said I would be "....out of luck" because there is no way to go after them."

It really doesn't matter except to him but he has come back to verify what has been written earlier.

The crooks send a bad check that your bank has to act on in a few days. You think you have the money in your account and you send them good money.

Their check turns out to be bogus and you are left holding the bag.

Many that have been here longer than me have been seeing this for a long time. I've been here long enough to have heard about it numerous times.

This is why so many can yell scam as soon as a few details are known.

NEGreyhound

TUG Member
Reaction score
Same offer - it's a scam

Got the same offer from Sister xxxxx. Eventually they said they would send a check for $2900 to cover the $500 deposit. I was requested to send them the difference. I declined and stopped communicating with them. Definately a scam IMHO.
They contacted me through an ad in the TUG Marketplace.

pearce

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Atlantic Palace, Atlantic City, NJ
The Wellington, Rhode Island
Grand Beach, Orlando, FL

Sister Vincentia Goeb sent me the same thing NEGREYHOUND. Exactly what you just said; this is what she wrote:

Because I was unable to contact Samuel to send his brokerage fees, title transfer fees and escrow fees, I visited my bank and got a cashiers check for $2900 which I have also mailed out to you. Upon receipt, I would need you to deposit the check, funds should be available immediately, I would need you to deduct your Ernest deposit of $500, this is to affirm my willingness and seriousness to buy this property and fend off other offers while closing processes are arranged by my broker. Then, forward the balance $2400 to Mr Samuel Kaplan as his fees for your timeshare closing and escrow charges whenever he gets in touch with you. It is my assumption that Samuel will provide additional instructions on how to get the fees to him.

What A SCAM!!! Since I reported this to the authorities and told everyone in the office, I have been told some horrible stories. My only concern is why these people can't be stopped. I contacted Yahoo and told them this person is a scam artist. Haven't heard back but I'm sure they can find the person sending Scams from the computer's mac address, etc. So why doesn't THEIR county stop them?? Or at least cooperate with the United States. I too had my Grand Beach timeshare advertised on TUG.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
this has a new turn to it, as it appears this person (claiming to be sister goeb) actually did pay for a TUG membership and is now demanding a refund.

I urge all of you who have been scammed by this individual to contact paypal in reference to case id PP-002-369-761-021 and inform them you have been scammed.

I hope they can provide more detailed information about the credit card number etc and perhaps track these scammers down...they list their address as a california one!

I am also pretty sure you have to setup a bank account within paypal as well, perhaps thats also local to california.

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
this has a new turn to it, as it appears this person (claiming to be sister goeb) actually did pay for a TUG membership and is now demanding a refund.

I urge all of you who have been scammed by this individual to contact paypal in reference to case id PP-002-369-761-021 and inform them you have been scammed.

I hope they can provide more detailed information about the credit card number etc and perhaps track these scammers down...they list their address as a california one!

I am also pretty sure you have to setup a bank account within paypal as well, perhaps thats also local to california.

I hope this person has no grounds for a refund and you don't give it to them!

Rent_Share

TUG Member
Reaction score
Send them 2,999 in monopoly money and ask them the wire you the $2,984 extra back via Western Union.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
and as an update, to add insult to injury....

our payment processor upheld the dispute from the credit card used for the new membership of this individual, and not only did they get their refund, but we were charged an additional $20 in chargeback fees.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
and as an update, to add insult to injury....

our payment processor upheld the dispute from the credit card used for the new membership of this individual, and not only did they get their refund, but we were charged an additional $20 in chargeback fees.

Good riddance to bad rubbish!

Rent_Share

TUG Member
Reaction score
So how goes the search for a new credit card processing company ?