• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

ROFR Exercised/Passed

WaikikiFirst

Reaction score
Hilton waived ROFR on Las Vegas boulevard 2 BR plat (11,200), $3551 with seller paid closing and transfer fees and seller paid 2024 MFs.

🤟🏿
without doing #s, all that "seller paid" seems to turn that from very good to great buy. Enjoy.
you should post it in the "Timeshares Bleep" thread and let the people on the fence think about it

letsgobobby

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC - Lagoon, W57th, MarBrisa, Paradise
ah, corrected to Paradise. Not sure why I put Boulevard. but MFs are pretty similar. I'm very happy with the deal!

jayden_pereira

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hilton waived ROFR on Las Vegas Elara 1 BR gold (8,000), Bought for $1,500 with seller paid closing and transfer fees and seller paid 2024 MFs.

Would have loved to get a platnium with a bit more points but love the Elara as home week is f1 and looking at MF fee increases considering its a newer property YoY the increase % is less than other LV properties.

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinion Pointe, HGVC The Bay Club, HGVC Elara, Worldmark
Buying a 1 BR Platinum at Elara with 7680 points EOYO. This is in addition to an existing deed. I'm paying $700. My odds of passing ROFR look pretty good based on the ROFR.NET site. What do you think?

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
Buying a 1 BR Platinum at Elara with 7680 points EOYO. This is in addition to an existing deed. I'm paying $700. My odds of passing ROFR look pretty good based on the ROFR.NET site. What do you think?
As long as you aren’t purchasing one of the SC resorts, it’s almost guaranteed it will pass. They haven’t bought anything back in the last couple of years and, unless they start purchasing back deeds, yours should pass with no problems.

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
As long as you aren’t purchasing one of the SC resorts, it’s almost guaranteed it will pass. They haven’t bought anything back in the last couple of years and, unless they start purchasing back deeds, yours should pass with no problems.
I hope so. I had a 1 BR Platinum at Las Palmeras that was taken by them under ROFR, but the sale price was $4.

Snezz1e

TUG Member
Reaction score
Passed ROFR on Ocean Tower 2BR Penthouse (38400) for $40k back in December which I forgot to report.

Also just pass ROFR on Quin Studio Penthouse (23040) for $28k. Prior owner bought it for $139k.

My NYC collection is complete. Spent about $100k for the best deed at each property that would of cost $500k retail.

Now I just wish they let me trade them in 1:1 + 10-15k cash for two of the deeds to get enough retail points for Centum status.

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC at Boulevard and Craigendarroch Lodges
Passed ROFR on Ocean Tower 2BR Penthouse (38400) for $40k back in December which I forgot to report.

Also just pass ROFR on Quin Studio Penthouse (23040) for $28k. Prior owner bought it for $139k.

My NYC collection is complete. Spent about $100k for the best deed at each property that would of cost $500k retail.

Now I just wish they let me trade them in 1:1 + 10-15k cash for two of the deeds to get enough retail points for Centum status.
They may but don't try in Hawaii. They seem to be sticking to the $25k new cash deal but you can try other locations like Orlando. I think you would get the best chance in Orlando.

just to add, that was a lot to spend but hopefully you like the deeds. That is about $41k more than our 93k points cost.

Snezz1e

TUG Member
Reaction score
They may but don't try in Hawaii. They seem to be sticking to the $25k new cash deal but you can try other locations like Orlando. I think you would get the best chance in Orlando.

just to add, that was a lot to spend but hopefully you like the deeds. That is about $41k more than our 93k points cost.
I think it's worth it for me. Only in my mid 30s so hoping to get 40+ years of use out of this. My personal calculations show it's better to pay more for lower MF/point than a lower price for slightly higher MFs. My financial situation has me using a lower IRR in my calculations than what others might use so its not best for everyone. Original plan was to buy lowest cost deeds at each location and buy District for any additional bHC points I may need but that would of ended up costing me more money long term.

Plus I need bHC points to book the rooms I want. I need two beds so it's either two studios or a 1 Bedroom. After trying both options I prefer sharing a 1 Bedroom and those always get booked out before the 90/60 day windows. Also been watching studio availability for past year at 90/60 day mark. Availability for lowest cost studios isn't always there when window opens or get taken within a few days. It's actually cheaper too. My calculated cost for Club Points is $.105/point and $.14 for bHC. Lowest cost 1BR at W57 isn't much more points than a studio. For my usual trip length it comes out to about $290/night for 2 studios vs. $260/night for a 1 Bedroom. So for me I'm paying less for a guaranteed room that I prefer vs. paying more for a non guaranteed room that I prefer a little less.

Nowaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: 41,520 points - Coylumbridge, Flamingo, Elara, Trump, 2x Boulevard
After trying both options I prefer sharing a 1 Bedroom and those always get booked out before the 90/60 day windows.
I use RCI to book HGVC NYC. They always have a ton of inventory at HCNY, and sometimes West 57th. The point cost + fees for RCI booking is cheaper than an equivalent HGVC points booking (that is only 90/60 days in advance so there's little continuous inventory in high season).

I said "always", but it appears HCNY and W57 are only available for January 2025. That's interesting. I always saw unlimited availability for HCNY (and sometimes W57) for 9-11 months ahead. Maybe they limit HCNY and W57 deposits for winter months, because who'd go to NYC in Jan/Feb/Mar anyway.

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I use RCI to book HGVC NYC. They always have a ton of inventory at HCNY, and sometimes West 57th. The point cost + fees for RCI booking is cheaper than an equivalent HGVC points booking (that is only 90/60 days in advance so there's little continuous inventory in high season).

I said "always", but it appears HCNY and W57 are only available for January 2025. That's interesting. I always saw unlimited availability for HCNY (and sometimes W57) for 9-11 months ahead. Maybe they limit HCNY and W57 deposits for winter months, because who'd go to NYC in Jan/Feb/Mar anyway.
Can HGVC book HGVC through RCI?

Snezz1e

TUG Member
Reaction score

I’ve been looking at RCI availability occasionally. It’s cheaper overall if you can get what you want. From what I’ve seen availability isn’t as good if you want more than 7 days and I usually book 8-9 nights. Also have to book 9 months out. I can narrow it down to one of two weeks at 9 month mark but usually don’t have a firm date until about 6 months out. With regular booking I can borrow next year points and book both weeks and cancel one. RCI doesn’t give same flexibility.

Smclaugh99

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Hilton Club
I’ve been looking at RCI availability occasionally. It’s cheaper overall if you can get what you want. From what I’ve seen availability isn’t as good if you want more than 7 days and I usually book 8-9 nights. Also have to book 9 months out. I can narrow it down to one of two weeks at 9 month mark but usually don’t have a firm date until about 6 months out. With regular booking I can borrow next year points and book both weeks and cancel one. RCI doesn’t give same flexibility.
Completely agree. It’s much more reliable to have ownership at the properties you want to have reliable access to in New York. You should think about adding Hilton Club to your New York portfolio. The two bedroom options are the best for a young family.

Sean

jsonline

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana / MVC: WKV + SDO
HGVC: Elara
Purchase / ROFR Details:
HGVC Elara
1BR Grand Plus -- Annual -- 12,480 (new) points
$7,750
Date of Sale: 1/5/2024 ; Date ROFR Cleared: 1/24/2024
Passed ROFR in less than 30 days. Added to ROFR database.

Market Commentary:
I paid the classic TUG valuation of ~$1 per (old) point (at 7,800 old points) because this was my optimal deed for HGVC points per MF across a 10+ year holding period. It also included banked 2023 points for an extra $499. This unit was dual-listed on both RedWeek and Ebay, with 20+ watchers on Ebay. I was comfortable purchasing at this valuation to take the unit off the market and eliminate the risk of losing the deal to an Ebay bidder. I also had a March 2024 trip on the radar where I wanted to try to use HGVC points for the booking, so finalizing a purchase and clearing ROFR quickly was important to me.

The seller was The Timeshare Group, LLC (Ebay Handle: Tochoa25) where John Hamlet was my primary contact. The sales / closing process was very professional and went smoothly. The deal was doc'd within a few days and ROFR cleared in less than 30 days after submission. The transaction's superlatives included clear communication, no hidden fees, and excellent service. I highly recommend The Timeshare Group as a resale source and I would gladly do business with them again.

20/20 Hindsight:
I kept an eye on the market after purchasing and it turns out that The Timeshare Group had another Elara unit of this same type in inventory that (from what I gathered from an Ebay posting) sold for ~$6,500 in March 2024. Perhaps this was coincidental or perhaps there are more of these types of units on the market than I thought.

BOTTOM LINE: It seems to me that $6,500 - $7,500 would be the going price for an Elara 1BR-G+ Annual as of Q1:2024. That is, unless you're @Mongoose and have superpowers to find incredible deals!

tourproto

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana WKV Plat+ (x2)
HGVC Flamingo

What are the MFs for your Quin penthouse?

I am in NY now, staying at the W57. Have visited the Quin and the Central. Am not really interested in the HCNY or the Residences (just not a big fan of big hotels, I like the more "boutique-ee" places).

Really liked the Quin (common areas, gym, owners area) and the bedroom (1 bedroom premier) and of course the location is great (Central Park, subway, Carnegie).

We also liked the Central a lot. Except for location, it was just about as nice as the Quin. Nice common area and patio (although looking at the old brick building from the patio was hilarious). The members lounge and covered/heated patio IMO was better than the Quin (just not the view of 6th Ave and the Thanksgiving Day parade) and the gym didn't have as good of a view as the Quin. The Studio Premier Plus room was very nice (with Toto toilet, but no bath). The downside (depending on your POV) is the location. It is quiet being on 48th street, but it is a walk to Central Park and the high end shopping on 5th Ave (need to get to 54th Street and higher for the fancy places). It is close to Rockefeller/Radio City Music Hall though.

The room we have at the W57 is nice (Studio plus). We face away from the street so it is very quiet, but the lack of significant common areas kind of takes takes away of the ambiance vs the Quin and the Central.

If the Central was closer to Central Park, I would buy there. There is very little/no availability for the Quin on the secondary market right now but will be looking out for it. The W57 is OK, but really wish it had a better common area. I haven't seen the members lounge yet, but will see it tomorrow.

Looking at what is for sale, the MFs are much higher in NY than on Las Vegas. Our Flamingo Hilton costs us $0.13/pt on an annual basis, and the cheapest I have found for NY based on what is for sale is $0.18/pt, and sometimes up to $0.30/pt. That is a lot higher cost.

Gonna think about the Central, and will definitely look out for Quin on the secondary market.

Snezz1e

TUG Member
Reaction score
What are the MFs for your Quin penthouse?

I am in NY now, staying at the W57. Have visited the Quin and the Central. Am not really interested in the HCNY or the Residences (just not a big fan of big hotels, I like the more "boutique-ee" places).

Really liked the Quin (common areas, gym, owners area) and the bedroom (1 bedroom premier) and of course the location is great (Central Park, subway, Carnegie).

We also liked the Central a lot. Except for location, it was just about as nice as the Quin. Nice common area and patio (although looking at the old brick building from the patio was hilarious). The members lounge and covered/heated patio IMO was better than the Quin (just not the view of 6th Ave and the Thanksgiving Day parade) and the gym didn't have as good of a view as the Quin. The Studio Premier Plus room was very nice (with Toto toilet, but no bath). The downside (depending on your POV) is the location. It is quiet being on 48th street, but it is a walk to Central Park and the high end shopping on 5th Ave (need to get to 54th Street and higher for the fancy places). It is close to Rockefeller/Radio City Music Hall though.

The room we have at the W57 is nice (Studio plus). We face away from the street so it is very quiet, but the lack of significant common areas kind of takes takes away of the ambiance vs the Quin and the Central.

If the Central was closer to Central Park, I would buy there. There is very little/no availability for the Quin on the secondary market right now but will be looking out for it. The W57 is OK, but really wish it had a better common area. I haven't seen the members lounge yet, but will see it tomorrow.

Looking at what is for sale, the MFs are much higher in NY than on Las Vegas. Our Flamingo Hilton costs us $0.13/pt on an annual basis, and the cheapest I have found for NY based on what is for sale is $0.18/pt, and sometimes up to $0.30/pt. That is a lot higher cost.

Gonna think about the Central, and will definitely look out for Quin on the secondary market.
The MFs can be found in stickied MF thread. What I own is the lowest for each NYC property.
Quin 23040 $.102/pt.
Central 23040 $.118/pt.
Residence 23040 $.094/pt
W57 20160 $.141/pt

Plan to stay mostly at W57 with Quin as primary backup. Central would be my second backup. Doubt I'll stay at Residence since point cost for base studio is higher than the rest. Only bought because it has lowest MF/pt of the four and having it as third backup is still something. 3 deeds might have been enough to accomplish what I needed. I agree that Central location isn't the best. I might not have bought it if I had bought the Quin first but I already closed on the purchase when it came up for sale which I wasn't expecting for another few years.

ljmiii

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
HGV waived ROFR - West 57th Street by Hilton Club - EOY Odd Studio Plus (6,000 bHC points)
$199 - Date of Sale: 2/8/2024

Not a deed with a great MF/point ratio...but more of a way to dip my toe into the bHC pool. And take advantage of the ability to book Open Season and pay HGVC Inclusive Club Dues.

Last edited: