• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Southerngirl528

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club: Old Key West & Vero Beach Marriott Maui Ocean Club Napili Tower
Thanks so much for the PM, Jpollo. Sent you a reply w/info. You guys ROCK!!! Seriously, thanks so much for this info. Now if folks will input their info we can all get a pretty clear idea of what we can get resale for, or what we can sell our TS for. GREAT work!! :cheer:

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
How do I add points to the spreadsheet?

Angela, I've moved your post from the ROFR sticky thread to this one, assuming that you're asking about the DC Points allotments for enrolled Weeks and the spreadsheet that TUGger StevenTing maintains. See the first post in this thread for his instructions.

(If I assumed incorrectly, please let me know. :) )

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
How do I add points to the spreadsheet?

On the Add Experience form of the ROFR database, select 'Destinations Club Points' in the resort drop down. In all other fields; Season through View, you will need to pick 'Points'. Then for the Sales Price be sure to input the price per point that was submitted for ROFR.

Jpollo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Waiohai
Talk about fast... nice! The only other thing that comes to mind right now would be to allow filtering. For example, if you go to specific location, allow the user to select only 1BR units, or only Ocean View units, etc. That would probably be a long-term goal at this stage, though.

Sorry, I had to roll back the sorting function. The list became unfiltered after one sorted on a specific Resort. But I'm sure we'll figure it out, and we'll look at the filtering option as well.

However there is a workaround for now. It's not the most elegant solution, but if one sorts on the desired field first and then filters on a Resort, the list will remained sorted.

All the feedback is much appreciated! Thanks again.

Jason

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I sent out a large PM blast to 33 people that I gleaned from this thread that had a ROFR experience that may not be on the new ROFR Database Website. Hope to see some more data posted to the site. Thanks to all of those that have posted their entries!

Jpollo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Waiohai
Waiohai Annual Ocean View

Just received a waiver on a $13,100 purchase of an Annual Waiohai Ocean View. Seven days from request to receipt of waiver.

I've added it the ROFR.NET database as well.

I think it would have passed at a lower price, but it worked time-wise for reserving it in 2017.

hangloose

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Vista (x2)
Marriott's Maui Ocean Club
Marriott's Ko Olina Beach Club
Marriott's Ocean Pointe
For ROFR on DC Pts, is there a way in the ROFR Db to see how many DC Pts for each failed or passed purchase? I think it would be interesting to see if there are any trends beyond price per pt which influence Marriott exercising their ROFR.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
For ROFR on DC Pts, is there a way in the ROFR Db to see how many DC Pts for each failed or passed purchase? I think it would be interesting to see if there are any trends beyond price per pt which influence Marriott exercising their ROFR.

I will look in to it. Not sure how to implement since adding another data field just for points may look odd in the database. I will see what we can come up with.

shellbelle

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Current: Montage Kapalua Bay, DVC: Beach Club Villas & Aulani, MVCI: Newport Coast Villas & Points
Past: DVC: Old Key West & Saratoga Springs, Westin: KaAnapali Ocean Resort Villas & WKORV North, MVCI: Mountainside & Summit Watch
Newport Coast Villas Gold Week

Made an offer, accepted by seller, for a gold week at Newport Coast Villas. (every year)
Our ROFR metric is 26% if you count in closing costs, or 22% without. What do you think--going to pass or not? Won't be too concerned either way--if it passes we're happy to have it at this price, if not, we don't really need it.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Made an offer, accepted by seller, for a gold week at Newport Coast Villas. (every year)
Our ROFR metric is 26% if you count in closing costs, or 22% without. What do you think--going to pass or not? Won't be too concerned either way--if it passes we're happy to have it at this price, if not, we don't really need it.

My analysis of the data in the ROFR database indicates a fail metric just below 16% and you should be able to pass at just over 28%. This is based on the past 12 months of data and is using the current sales price of $13.04 to calculate the metric. Anywhere in between these two numbers is questionable. Of course, as always, with ROFR anything is possible.

Last edited:

hangloose

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Vista (x2)
Marriott's Maui Ocean Club
Marriott's Ko Olina Beach Club
Marriott's Ocean Pointe
Entry for late April in ROFR db shows a MOC Lahaina and Napili Every Year Plat 2 Bed Ocean view for $16,200 passing? That sound right? Thinking perhaps this was in the older MOC section?

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Entry for late April in ROFR db shows a MOC Lahaina and Napili Every Year Plat 2 Bed Ocean view for $16,200 passing? That sound right? Thinking perhaps this was in the older MOC section?

Unfortunately, the person that left the entry didn't leave their email address and signed it anonymous. So I have no way to verify.

cory30

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just received notification that our purchase of a Barony Beach EOY (odd), Platinum, garden view has passed ROFR. Purchase price was $799 which included free closing and transfer. I have updated the database but accidentally indicated the usage was annual instead of EOY.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Just received notification that our purchase of a Barony Beach EOY (odd), Platinum, garden view has passed ROFR. Purchase price was $799 which included free closing and transfer. I have updated the database but accidentally indicated the usage was annual instead of EOY.

I have fixed your entry in the database.

samara64

TUG Member
Reaction score

That is just a good buy. Did you get it on eBay. Marriott wants $8,350 for the same week.

SeaDoc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Chairman's Club:
2 Marriott Newport Coasts-PLAT;
1 Marriott Desert Springs I-RED;
1 Marriott Timber Lodge - Summer-PLAT;
3 StarElite Vistana: 2 Westin Lagunamar-PLAT
That is just a good buy. Did you get it on eBay. Marriott wants $8,350 for the same week.
Looks like Marriott's slowing down its purchases unless they are ocean front/views.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Seaport104

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

WOW!!! congrats!!:cheer:

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA

It is also possible that the amount they submitted for ROFR was higher than the $799 purchase price. It has been known that some of the EBay sellers will include the seller paid fees in the ROFR amount. So the free closing costs and transfers on the week you bought may have been included on what the seller sent in for ROFR. So the amount they may have passed on may have been closer to $1,250 or so.