• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Royal Caribbean Or Mayan

JEFF H

Reaction score
When II assigned us a Hotel-Room side it had an R for Room after the unit number. The 1-bedroom Suites through II have an S after the unit number.

This is correct, The R or S are added to the unit number by Interval to designate what side you have if the 2-BR unit has been locked-off and deposited seperately.
The confirmation will also show the unit size.
2-BR (sleep 6 with full kitchen)
1-Br (sleep 4 with full kitchen)
Efficency (sleep 2 no kitchen)

This is also shown in printed and online Interval directory.

post-it

TUG Member
Reaction score
I can't seem to find my previous post where I asked this question, so forgive me for the repeat:

I'm staying at the RC and before I book our return frequent flyer ticket how much time should I allow from the Royals, airport check in, etc. before our flight time?

Thanks

pjrose

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
More than you asked, but.....

You need to be in line at the airport 2 hours before flight time. If you're taking a taxi, plan to leave the resort 30 minutes before that. (It'll only be a 15-20 minute ride.) If you are taking a shared Thomas More van, they'll pick you up about 3 hours ahead of your flight time. If you have arranged for private van through one of the other services, ask for pick up 2.5 hours before flight time.

If you paid your bill Friday night, you can put Saturday's breakfast on your credit card or pay cash, thus avoiding check-out line Saturday.

Flying out first thing in the morning - e.g. a 7AM flight - means getting up and out very early, but there will be no lines. We prefer to fly later, maybe around 3-4, so we aren't rushing around, but then there will be airport lines.

Don't worry about the airport transportation issue till a few weeks before you fly. Transportation can be arranged at any hour, and you will get to the airport. Just pick the flights that seem best to you depending on when you get home, number of stops, price, whether you are morning people, etc.

post-it

TUG Member
Reaction score
We only have 2 choices in flights 7:30am or 3:30pm. I'm thinking the 3:30 flight, we still get back home by 9:30pm. Gives us a few hours in the morning to get out the door. If it takes 3-4 hrs. before a flight just to leave we're getting up too early for me, especially with us on West Coast time.

I did book our outbound this week. We arrive in Cancun at 5:30pm.

pjrose

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
We only have 2 choices in flights 7:30am or 3:30pm. I'm thinking the 3:30 flight, we still get back home by 9:30pm. Gives us a few hours in the morning to get out the door. If it takes 3-4 hrs. before a flight just to leave we're getting up too early for me, especially with us on West Coast time.

I did book our outbound this week. We arrive in Cancun at 5:30pm.

There'd no question for me - definitely 3:30. 7:30 would mean getting to the airport at 5:30, leaving the resort at 5, leaving your villa at 4:30.....no breakfast, little sleep. Yuck.
You don't have to check out of the villa till 11 or 12, but then you can have a nice lunch and leave the resort at 1:00. If you're all packed and ready you can even get in a swim or stroll on the beach.

post-it

TUG Member
Reaction score
This was my thought exactly. I want to enjoy my last night and not be worried about getting up at 4:00am to catch a flight. I should have no problem getting the 3:30 flight.

post-it

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well, we did get our flights with FF miles which is a real good thing. In fact we're able to use less miles on our flight home since it's after Sept 7th. My concern was the outbound being Labor Day Weekend. Not a problem getting the booking, but we did have to decide between getting into Cancun at 7:30pm or leaving our home extremely early in order to arrive at 3:30pm. We took the 2nd choice figuring we'll be wanting to get there and we're not too crazy about arriving somewhere we havent been before in the evening. Did get the 2:30 flight back home which is very good, giving us the extra time to get checked out and have a nice brunch before leaving.

Thank you so much for all your input over the past few weeks of planning so far.

So, not a whole lot to do now until closer to travel time ......................way to far away!

Thanks again!