• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Royal Resorts Signature Club?

X-ring

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I wish everyone would stop making judgements on the unknown and wait until we see a roll out! Everyone is not out to get us.

But as Woody Allen pointed out, "Paranoia is knowing all the facts". ;)

DosMasCervesos

TUG Member
Reaction score
Here are the details that they have on their site:

http://rrsignatureclub.com/default.asp

I sure wish they would just post all the relevant details (cost, etc.) instead of requiring one meet with their sales staff. My hunch is that if it requires a sales person to pitch the idea (versus just transparently making the info public), then the benefit likely won't be worth the cost.

Most of the benefits listed at the free "silver" level look like the standard owner benefits to me, but it is hard to tell by the lack of salient details online.

KCI

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the Royals will continue their affiliation with Interval International now that they are going to be doing business with RCI?

BoaterMike

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Royal Caribbean, Royal Haciendas, Marriott Grand Chateau,
If I was a betting man I would say that the affiliation with RCI allows RR the opportunity to offer this "Signature" product. It makes sense that RCI is would supply the club architecture and provide back-office support. It looks like they want to drive purchases through their portal, and while members get "guaranteed low prices", there's plenty of money on the back end to spread around.

Just my take.

Mike

jasm

Reaction score
Received more detailed information via email, but still, no costs involved. Interesting that the Silver level 'guarantees' my week. Uh.....as opposed to what? I own my specific weeks.

ilene13

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the Royals will continue their affiliation with Interval International now that they are going to be doing business with RCI?

They announced in December that they were no longer affiliated with II, but owners could keep their individual affiliations. We will continue to use II.

pjrose

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Received more detailed information via email, but still, no costs involved. Interesting that the Silver level 'guarantees' my week. Uh.....as opposed to what? I own my specific weeks.

Right, sort of a useless guarantee.

Last edited:

moonlightgraham

TUG Member
Reaction score
Maybe one of the perks can be discounted airfare? Just saw this morning AirTran has finally loaded November fares and they are actually asking more than Delta out of Atlanta! I hope that's just a test to see if they get any takers otherwise we'll be spending Thanksgiving stateside rather than paying nearly $800/pp from ATL.

pjrose

TUG Member
Reaction score
They announced in December that they were no longer affiliated with II, but owners could keep their individual affiliations. We will continue to use II.

I just double-checked the email, and it didn't say they were no longer affiliated with II. Aren't they now affiliated with both?

If they aren't part of II, does that mean that I can't exchange my current deposits for future Royal Resorts weeks? Or ?????

Last edited:

belor

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC
Maybe one of the perks can be discounted airfare? Just saw this morning AirTran has finally loaded November fares and they are actually asking more than Delta out of Atlanta! I hope that's just a test to see if they get any takers otherwise we'll be spending Thanksgiving stateside rather than paying nearly $800/pp from ATL.

Moonlightgraham:

We were waiting for Airtran to open November fares and were also shocked. Keep watching - the same thing happened last year, but on the day they opened, they stayed really pricey, but by the afternoon, they came down - they seemed to stay down for a few days before they started the march back up. I noticed that Oribitz and Expedia had some cached prices this morning that were almost half yesterday's fares, but fares on Airtran.com had already reverted back to yesterdays level, so it is possible that Airtran had reduced for a few hours early this AM, but bounced up by late morning. We are diligently checking pretty much every hour now...

moonlightgraham

TUG Member
Reaction score
Moonlightgraham:

We were waiting for Airtran to open November fares and were also shocked. Keep watching - the same thing happened last year, but on the day they opened, they stayed really pricey, but by the afternoon, they came down - they seemed to stay down for a few days before they started the march back up. I noticed that Oribitz and Expedia had some cached prices this morning that were almost half yesterday's fares, but fares on Airtran.com had already reverted back to yesterdays level, so it is possible that Airtran had reduced for a few hours early this AM, but bounced up by late morning. We are diligently checking pretty much every hour now...

As you guessed, they did drop fares sometime during the day today and from ATL/CUN Thanksgiving week it's $377RT. That's a deal and we're done! Thanks for the PM heads-up!

Last edited:

Phydeaux

TUG Member
Reaction score
No, I haven't attended their presentation, and have no intention of doing so. Their nebulous messages suggest yet another attempt to generate revenues to compensate for their loss of revenues due to unforeseen member defaults.

Looks like a cross between AMWAY and a rewards credit card. I don't need either.

Good luck Royal Resorts.

Bullfrog14

TUG Member
Reaction score
Royal Resorts Signature Program

We were just in Cancun for week 13 and met twice with someone trying to sell us the 52 week program along with this Signature program that at first we were led to believe you only got it if you purchased the Royal Mayan program. We then found out it would be for everyone and an RCI membership would be complimentary the first year. They told us they could not give us any more information until May when it was rolled out. Now I call and they say we have to meet with someone in Cancun to get any information. Told them we met twice while we were down there, and now I would like to exchange my week 39 at the Royal Islander with the RCI so I could test the waters, and cannot unless we meet personally in Cancun only. This makes me very suspicious that they want to sell us even more Timeshare material! I'm not liking what I'm hearing-has anyone got the full rundown and just how much it would cost?

ilene13

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just double-checked the email, and it didn't say they were no longer affiliated with II. Aren't they now affiliated with both?

If they aren't part of II, does that mean that I can't exchange my current deposits for future Royal Resorts weeks? Or ?????

you may still use II if you are a member

mlwlpt

TUG Member
Reaction score
Signature Club

The program went into effect May 4 th. We were there the previous week and they were still being trained about the program. We attended a presentation and were described the different levels of the program. Our invitation said we would get a complimentary silver membership. This is for 2 years. Our weeks are enrolled in RCI. We also can earn credits which translates into money for using a website that to make purchases. It was described that instead of the company getting the commission because we purchased something, we were being given the commission that could be used for our maintenance fees or services we used when we used our unit. It is said to be best price guaranteed. The program is initially for 5 years so they (RR) can evaluate it. After 3 years if we want to continue the cost is $499. That includes RCI and the benefits of the program. There are other levels that you can pay for that allow you to get a higher multiple on your credit back. Because we use our weeks, the base level would work for us. The way I see it, since I use the Internet to purchase a lot anyway, I can see if I earn enough to pay down the maintenance fee. The actual website to purchase is not active yet. You don't need a credit card but they do want your ID to enter you into a contract. A this point we will just have to wait and see.

Former Cruiser

TUG Member
Reaction score
Signature Club Explanation

This was posted on the "Royal Resorts Owners" site , not affiliated with RR http://royalresortowners.ning.com/

"OK, as promised here it is. I attended the "mandatory" presentation yesterday.

Hope this will help you better prepare for questions when you have yours. Note this is what I got, please correct me if you hear or confirm something different. I went back to sales office today for follow-up questions before posting.

First, think of the changes to exchange program and Signature club as two separate issues.
1) Changes to exchange program.
After x date, the Royals cancel contract with II and pick up RCI. They don't know effective date now and they don't know the point value of our units in RCI yet.

But after x date your unit will go up for exchange for points on RCI. You can still stay in II of course, and exchange your units world wide there, you just can't get into any Royals ( exchange RR for RR via Interval only RCI)
Membership in RCI will be free for two years, transition period...
So bottom line, if you regularly exchange one Royal resort week for another Royal resort and you want to stay in II, then you have to pay for two exchange memberships.

2) Signature Club
The signature club is basically a multiple level scheme (sorry RR for the somewhat negative adjective, that's an editorial choice) that through online purchases on an RR web page, you can earn points to reduce your annual service fee for your unit. At higher levels you also have the flexibility to change your week and or add more days to your stay. However you PAY FOR IT!

Surprise to me that twice during the presentation they said this was to get capital to help finance their expansion (Residence Inn complex) wow, I thought this was for us members benefit... That should get your attention!
There are three levels, Silver they offer free, but for two years, after that you pay $500 for five year contract. No other obvious benefits.

Gold is $1500 for five years, and only other benefit is supposedly 4times discount value towards annual fee reduction on online purchases.
Platinum level is $2500, yes that's right for five years and you get another 4 X discounts (????) but here in this level you get flexibility to exchange your week or add days probably through the RCI system.

You see where all this up front money can be used for!!!! Construction $$
They openly admit no one knows how well this will work, it's new and untested and may not be for everyone. The online purchases are for travel packages, golf packages, even TVs, books, etc. Who knows whether pricing on the items are good and HOW MUCH YOU NEED TO BUY TO SIGNIFICANTLY REDUCE YOUR ANNUAL SERVICE FEE. No one knows even they don't yet
Editorial comment, based on the little I buy online now, there is no way I can see paying MORE $ to reduce my annual fee!!! So this is not for me. And I elect NOT to sign up for the free silver level, just to send a message to RR. I was told I could decide to go with this next year with no loss in benefits. Unlike the typical timeshare pitches, it seems there are no incentives to get in now.... So I won't.

Hope this helps all members who are going to presentation, after yours by reply please correct or add as you see fit."

pjrose

TUG Member
Reaction score
We were just in Cancun for week 13 and met twice with someone trying to sell us the 52 week program along with this Signature program that at first we were led to believe you only got it if you purchased the Royal Mayan program. . . .

unclear - 52 week program? Royal Mayan program?

Can you clarify please?

pjrose

TUG Member
Reaction score

you may still use II if you are a member

This was posted on the "Royal Resorts Owners" site , not affiliated with RR http://royalresortowners.ning.com/

"OK, as promised here it is. I attended the "mandatory" presentation yesterday.

. . .
1) Changes to exchange program.
After x date, the Royals cancel contract with II and pick up RCI. They don't know effective date now and they don't know the point value of our units in RCI yet.

But after x date your unit will go up for exchange for points on RCI. You can still stay in II of course, and exchange your units world wide there, you just can't get into any Royals ( exchange RR for RR via Interval only RCI)
Membership in RCI will be free for two years, transition period...
So bottom line, if you regularly exchange one Royal resort week for another Royal resort and you want to stay in II, then you have to pay for two exchange memberships.[/COLOR]

I have banked RR weeks with II and regularly use them to exchange into the Royals. If I have banked my weeks, and if others bank their weeks, and if I am a member of II, then why can't I pull out others' RR weeks?

If I can still use II assuming I am still a member, and if other RR owners can also still use II, then what has changed? (yes, I realize RR will no longer be affiliated with II.....but how does that affect us, since I and others can still use II for our RR weeks?)

2) Signature Club
The signature club is basically a multiple level scheme . . .
Editorial comment, based on the little I buy online now, there is no way I can see paying MORE $ to reduce my annual fee!!! . . .

Signature Club: Yuck. Sounds like the double-speak used at other resorts.

ilene13

TUG Member
Reaction score
By discontinuing their affiliation with II the RR will not be giving them developer weeks, getaways and free memberships for new purchases. As owners we can still deposit and exchange with one another in ii as long as we maintain our memberships.

Last edited:

BoaterMike

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Royal Caribbean, Royal Haciendas, Marriott Grand Chateau,
Signature Club: Yuck. Sounds like the double-speak used at other resorts.

Oh, pj, you sound so skeptical. Don't forget:

The idea for this innovative new program came from conversations, surveys, focus groups and feedback from our valued members and frequent guests. You told us what you wanted—and we listened carefully.
;)

I tried to keep an open mind with the AI and some of the other stuff that's happened, but this is a tough one to swallow, at least for me. I just don't need another awards/rewards program in my life.

Mike

Phydeaux

TUG Member
Reaction score
I tried to keep an open mind with the AI and some of the other stuff that's happened, but this is a tough one to swallow, at least for me. I just don't need another awards/rewards program in my life.

Mike

Amen brother. Amen.

pjrose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Oh, pj, you sound so skeptical. Don't forget:

The idea for this innovative new program came from conversations, surveys, focus groups and feedback from our valued members and frequent guests. You told us what you wanted—and we listened carefully.
;)

Mike

Yeah, right. Any valued members on here who wanted this "innovative new program"?

Amen brother. Amen.

I like Phydeaux's comment above about Amway and a Rewards card.

Let's just focus on the beautiful resorts and impeccable service, please. We're heading there this summer, and hoping to enjoy the same relaxation as usual, not a pitch for any innovative revolutionary program.

moonlightgraham

TUG Member
Reaction score
I can use my RI week as is, or deposit into II and select a different week at RR or at another high quality resort. So far, I've heard nothing that compels me to use valuable vacation time to hear about this new Signature Club one-on-one. And the mere fact that you MUST have a sit down to learn all the supposed benefits makes me even more skeptical. At this point, the incompetent and vague way this thing is being rolled out makes me even more unlikely to participate even if, by some stroke of luck, it did have some benefits for me. Take note RR management.

M&M

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've heard that Silver level is free for two years and then is $500 for five years. Can you sign up for The free Silver level membership and then after two years cancel, or are you committed to then do the five years also?

mlwlpt

TUG Member
Reaction score
Signature Club renewal

The first 2 years are free and then the next 3 are $499. My contract shows it expires in 2015. So you have to sign another contract to continue.