• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Selling my dad's TS in the Bahamas, NEED HELP

hokiegal

Reaction score
I just stumbled across this BB when I was googling Global resort services, to find out if it was a scam or not (which I have realized it is).

My dad passed away several months ago, and one of the things that he left was a time share in Freeport, Bahamas.

I know NOTHING about timeshares, and when I called the resort, and asked if they could buy it back, I was told to contact Global Resort Services to sell it. I talked to them, but when they wanted $$ up front, a red flag went off, and I told them I wouldn't give them anything until I saw their agreement. Well things have been crazy the past several months and I haven't gotten a change to do anything with it. They have been calling me constantly, and I finally have the time to do some research (which was based on my own instinct as well as a recommendation from my lawyer).

So my question is, what are my options with this time share? Keeping it, isn't one of them.

Any help anyone could give me, would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:

falmouth3

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Condolences on the loss of your father.

Don't pay an upfront fee. The feeling here is quite strong that you will be throwing your money away and you'll never hear from the company again.

I'd advise you to go to the buying and selling timeshare forum and read the "sticky" at the top of the page. Ask as many questions as you want. People here are very anxious to help and very knowledgeable. You've found a great place to get help.

Sue

jerseygirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
You might ask your attorney if the heir(s) are required to accept the deed/membership.

Jbart74

TUG Member
Reaction score
You can try to sell it on E-Bay, with no reserve, and likely it will sell for under $400. Just be sure that you are clear to the bidders that they will pay all transfer fees required by the resort and that they are responsible for any current unpaid Maintenance Fees and Special Assesments. They will also be responsivle for all future annual Maintenance Fees and (yes) Special Assesments that come along in the future. You can find all of this information (Maintenance fees and Special Assesments) from the management of the resort with a simple phone call and you need to include it in the description on E-Bay.

If you need more E-Bay help please feel free to PM me by clicking on my name (Jbart74 to the left of this message) and then clicking 'send a private message to Jbart74'.

Best of luck and my sincere condolences.

John B

Last edited: