• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Southwest and Disney Gift cards doorbuster sale

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
Costco has $500 Southwest Gift cards on sale 5/2 to 5/5 for $429. Limit is 5.

Sam's Club has $500 Southwest cards on sale 5/3 to 5/5 for $429. Limt is 2.

Sam's Club has $100 Disney gift cards on sale 5/3 to 5/5 for $90. Limit is 2.

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
That's the best price I've seen at Costco for the SW cards. I think if you place multiple orders you can get more than the minimum.

free2travel

Reaction score
on-line? if it is on-line, is it digital or do they ship you card(s). I have costco membership, but seldom use their website

Reactions: RX8

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
on-line? if it is on-line, is it digital or do they ship you card(s). I have costco membership, but seldom use their website
Digital only with email delivery.

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
I think if you place multiple orders you can get more than the minimum.
That has worked in the past for me but not sure if they have closed that loophole. I just ordered 2 from Costco but I don't need more than that. Maybe someone will report back here if they were successful in ordering more than the limit of 5.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
Costco has $500 Southwest Gift cards on sale 5/2 to 5/5 for $429. Limit is 5.

Sam's Club has $500 Southwest cards on sale 5/3 to 5/5 for $429. Limt is 2.

Sam's Club has $100 Disney gift cards on sale 5/3 to 5/5 for $90. Limit is 2.
@RX8 , thank you for posting this, I need to buy this for my trip in December to Florida

Reactions: RX8

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
Reading the fine print on the SW offer it does say limit is 1 transaction, with max of 5 units per membership.

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
Update: The Sam’s Club ad book showed that the $500 Southwest gift card price was going to be $429 for the sale starting today. However, the actual sale price is only $419. That is lowest I have ever seen the price to be. Still good through 5/5 and limit is still two.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Do you have to be a Sams Club member to get this?

WorldT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Good deal!! I wish southwest was giving me as much competitive prices on their flights but unfortunately, they are being beat by the low cost carriers even with paying for luggage.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
There are physical cards in our local Costco store for this wonderful price. I found that out after I bought them online, then I went into the store and saw the display. I am way better at physical cards. Paper is too easy to lose. I did print it out, but I need to figure out how to keep track of the balances and #'s and pins. I am not an organized person.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
@rickandcindy23 here is a tip. Use up the card to make a reservation. Then cancel it after 24 hours. You will get credits in your southwest account that do not expire.
Thank you! I thought it would result in travel funds that would expire???

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
Thank you! I thought it would result in travel funds that would expire???
Nope. We did this recently. Booked a trip using a LUV credit, then cancelled and it went to Travel Funds. Those don't expire. I was given this tip by a SW representative.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Nope. We did this recently. Booked a trip using a LUV credit, then cancelled and it went to Travel Funds. Those don't expire. I was given this tip by a SW representative.
Thank you for that! I will do it. I have some trips coming up and will book the higher fares that are showing now, and that will use the gift cards I have left, so that I can watch for better fares later.

Thunder Up

TUG Member
Reaction score
Be careful how you book those fares. Flight credits in Wanna Get Away are not transferable. Only fares in Wanna Get Away Plus, Anytime and Business Select are transferable.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
Flight credits used to be transferable, but unfortunately that changed a few years back.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wow, that is a great deal. I think Costco's is about the same for me with my % back with my Citi Costco card. Still considering a purchase with Sam's Club.

Hoping for another Disney gift card deal. Even 10% off would be great for paying MF's. The $100 card doesn't really do much, but I may go in and buy a couple for a birthday gift (belated birthday gift for our DIL).

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
Costco just dropped their Southwest gift card price to $419. Still valid through today. I bought on the 2nd when the sale opened at $429.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Costco just dropped their Southwest gift card price to $419. Still valid through today. I bought on the 2nd when the sale opened at $429.
OH MY GOSH. I wonder if I can get a refund of the difference. Thinking I need to buy more.

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
OH MY GOSH. I wonder if I can get a refund of the difference. Thinking I need to buy more.
I purchased at $429 at the start of the promo on May 2nd. I submitted a price adjustment request online just a few minutes ago and then called Costco. They advised that once a price adjustment was requested online they cannot do anything on the phone but she confirmed that Costco would take care of the adjustment. The online price adjustment takes 5-7 days.

Janann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC on the Boulevard, Las Vegas;
Disney's Saratoga Springs
@RX8 Thanks for posting! I bought the Disney cards.

To anyone who owns DVC:
Disney allows you to prepay your annual maintenance fees online and run a credit balance. Whenever discounts like this pop up, I buy the card online, and then immediately apply it to my DVC dues. That way nothing gets lost, and I've put a dent in the fees before they come due at the end of the year.

This is definitely an easy way to get a discount on your DVC maintenance fees.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
@RX8 Thanks for posting! I bought the Disney cards.

To anyone who owns DVC:
Disney allows you to prepay your annual maintenance fees online and run a credit balance. Whenever discounts like this pop up, I buy the card online, and then immediately apply it to my DVC dues. That way nothing gets lost, and I've put a dent in the fees before they come due at the end of the year.

This is definitely an easy way to get a discount on your DVC maintenance fees.
I do the same. We paid our fees on 500 points for this year almost entirely with Disney gift cards at 10% off through Costco's deal in January. I was thrilled to buy many of the cards, and Rick bought them too. Then suddenly we were stopped, so something was amiss with the limit on those cards.

We buy Disney gift cards for discounts on gas from our local Kroger store. We save $35 on gas (35 gallons X $1.00 off) with a $250 gift card purchase during the 4X fuel points sales, which happen at least once a month. Gas is not as cheap at the grocery store station, but it still saves us enough to make it worth our while.