• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

The New Club Wyndham Website (General Discussion)

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
Did that change in the last update or am I just not seeing any 1 nights available now?
I updated my response to this go back to my original post where I answered this.

I night is NOW only available in the last 14 (or 15 days) whatever the new date was. I found a 1 night 25 days away. And although it was already stranded and just 1 night, It would not let me book it, whereas the old system let you book stranded nights.

Last edited:

wed100105

TUG Member
Reaction score
Before the website "upgrade" or "enhancement" there was quite a bit of last minute availablity at Glacier Canyon up through June 7. Now I can't find a single night in any size unit. Am I doing something wrong?

For what it is worth (and to Wyndham, I am certain that is nothing) I can't stand the new search feature. I like to book last minute with upgrades and points discounts. I'm not impressed with the new system.

I did go ahead and book a coupLe of units for Wililamsburg next spring though, hoping to be early in the upgrade line. I'm still interested in how that works. Being VIP Gold and not VIP Platinum, I'm guessing I don't stand a chance.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
They certainly succeed in making it hard - they just missed the target audience and got everyone. WTF knows exactly which dates they are travelling and isn't going to be flexible for that friday checkin instead of saturday. At least a +/- 4 would have been helpful!

yes the + - is gone, as is the first available date.

Pathways

TUG Member
Reaction score
I take that back.

The regions are South, West, Midwest, and Northeast. After that the search is by state

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Could it be that the new search function is intentionally cumbersome to make it difficult for "bots" to operate? Most owners probably have an idea of where they want to go, and when they want to go, and what size unit they want. Searching is easy for them.

Well but intentionally too cumbersome for most people I would assume.

I disagree that MOST owners have an idea. They have a week, but can likely live with a Fri, Sat or Sun checkin. The only way to find that now is too run 3 separate searches, to do what used to be one search.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I would just be happy to be able to log in.

That just opens up a whole new level of frustration. So you will get it sooner or later.

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am guessing that our much loved green boxes were eliminated to make it harder on Megarenters and bots.
I do not know if it was spin on the part of Spearman's attorneys, or if it was true, or if it led to much of the current collateral damage, but this is what the Spearman lawsuit revealed and it may put some of the changes in perspective:

"Sometime in 2010,Wyndham began work on a new computer software system known as "Voyager." The program, which has not yet been implemented, is apparently intended to more strictly enforce the existing rules and close what Wyndham views as loopholes, such as the ability to cancel and then immediately rebook a reservation. (Doc. 123-53, at 4-5.) Wyndham added a provision to the 2011-2012
member directory which stated that "The Program is for a Member’s own personal use and enjoyment and not for any commercial purposes." (Doc. 123-75 at 3.)

Additionally, an enforcement provision was added, stating that "manipulation of the program rules and/or Wyndham employees to gain an unfair advantage" could result in refusal of services or access to Wyndham services and employees for a duration of time determined at Wyndham’s sole discretion. (Id. at 4.)"

Happy Hopian

Reaction score

I disagree that MOST owners have an idea. They have a week, but can likely live with a Fri, Sat or Sun checkin. The only way to find that now is too run 3 separate searches, to do what used to be one search.
3 separate searches...try 9 or more on a per room size basis. What if you want to upgrade. This is just awful because I can go to the beach any weekend in July but I have to search each weekend/ with alternates I've been trying for an hour

Happy Hopian

Reaction score
I do not know if it was spin on the part of Spearman's attorneys, or if it was true, or if it led to much of the current collateral damage, but this is what the Spearman lawsuit revealed and it may put some of the changes in perspective:

"Sometime in 2010,Wyndham began work on a new computer software system known as "Voyager." The program, which has not yet been implemented, is apparently intended to more strictly enforce the existing rules and close what Wyndham views as loopholes, such as the ability to cancel and then immediately rebook a reservation. (Doc. 123-53, at 4-5.) Wyndham added a provision to the 2011-2012
member directory which stated that "The Program is for a Member’s own personal use and enjoyment and not for any commercial purposes." (Doc. 123-75 at 3.)

Additionally, an enforcement provision was added, stating that "manipulation of the program rules and/or Wyndham employees to gain an unfair advantage" could result in refusal of services or access to Wyndham services and employees for a duration of time determined at Wyndham’s sole discretion. (Id. at 4.)"
We just read that another owner posted here that they did a cancel re-book, upgrade on the new site. I know this has been a big deal to you for a long time but screwing up the search functions has nothing to do with eliminating that loop hole, which according to others is not closed with this upgrade.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
How does one add guests names? My accounts are still locked. Cannot book anything but can request automatic upgrades to already booked reservations. I do not see where guests can be added.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
3 separate searches...try 9 or more on a per room size basis. What if you want to upgrade. This is just awful because I can go to the beach any weekend in July but I have to search each weekend/ with alternates I've been trying for an hour

Yep, USELESS. Even for what the 60 Day discount window is suppose to be used for, which is my primary use, within the 60 day window to look at existing discount and upgrade OPPORTUNITIES, WITHOUT the use of Cancel and Rebook to accomplish it, this delivered SEARCH Function is a deterrent not an enabler. Are they even trying to eliminate the actual intended discounts, it certainly looks like, so perhaps now they just pick up all inventory, as we can't find or can't bother to find, and stick it in Extra vacations.

I would even be appeased if they could deliver the old light and dark green as a quick look up, but NOT bookable tool, UNTIL they made a more usable search function.

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Slightly more inconvenient for the casual vacationer, possibly, but definitely not difficult.

Happy Hopian

Reaction score
Slightly more inconvenient for the casual vacationer, possibly, but definitely not difficult.
Disagree. Go check the Facebook Wyndham pages...those are regular folks. Read what they are saying tonight. Look, I know it has been your dream to stick it to the mega's and the folks who you think abused the c/b/u options and this was a step in that direction but if you don't think this search function doesn't suck then you've lost all credibility.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
How does one add guests names? My accounts are still locked. Cannot book anything but can request automatic upgrades to already booked reservations. I do not see where guests can be added.

See this post..... you find it the same place you access upgrade requests.

The New Club Wyndham Website

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
We just read that another owner posted here that they did a cancel re-book, upgrade on the new site. I know this has been a big deal to you for a long time but screwing up the search functions has nothing to do with eliminating that loop hole, which according to others is not closed with this upgrade.

The only reason someone can do a cancel rebook and upgrade today is that we all haven't checked the upgrade box on their reservations

In time most cancellations for the better reservations will become someone else's upgrade

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil

The really old system used to be like that. But, if I recall correctly, it showed unit numbers, which for a lot of resorts would be very useful.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Yeah all 10 of us have managed to log in and put an upgrade request in. Come on. Overnight this will not happen, as of today and tomorrow perhaps it will work as it used to work.

All it means is that as of today, virtually NO people have NOT gone in and put upgrade requests in yet. So for the next few days and weeks it will act more like the old system, but as time goes on and people put upgrade requests in, upgrade opportunities will drop away from a cancel and rebook being 98% successful.

Last edited:

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The only reason someone can do a cancel rebook and upgrade today is that we all haven't checked the upgrade box on their reservations

In time most cancellations for the better reservations will become someone else's upgrade

You and I are on the same wavelength Ron.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
OK, anything else someone wants me to look up and pull my hair out. For those who have no access.

wed100105

TUG Member
Reaction score
Interesting- I have searched availablity for all May and June for Glacier Canyon. I requested an upgrade on a two bedroom unit June 6-8. It upgraded me (about ten minutes after I requested it) to a three bedroom. There still shows no availablity though. The two bedroom unit I had booked did not come back and show up in inventory.

I do not like this auto upgrade feature. I had held off on upgrading last week when the three bedroom was available, hoping for a presidential unit. Now you can't see them and choose the upgraded unit.

I hope the VCs see exactly what we do. What a nightmare!!!

Happy Hopian

Reaction score

Thanks for the opinion. That might be true but there are a ton of conditions and according to the VC and OC I spoke with over the last two weeks they felt there would be lots of options available...of course this is the same team that didn't bother to mention how F'upd the search function was going to be so I wouldn't buy any stock in what they are selling..

The larger point is - no one saw a total revamp in search coming and forget what us dozen folks think. The facebook crowd is just waking up

Last edited:

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Disagree. Go check the Facebook Wyndham pages...those are regular folks. Read what they are saying tonight. Look, I know it has been your dream to stick it to the mega's and the folks who you think abused the c/b/u options and this was a step in that direction but if you don't think this search function doesn't suck then you've lost all credibility.
Even many of the megarenters complained about the "bots". If the cumbersome search function is aimed at the bot operations, it helps many of the megarenters, too, who thought they were losing reservations to the bots.

Happy Hopian

Reaction score
Even many of the megarenters complained about the "bots".
yes me too. Understand that a bot is a automated script searching for the same thing we are over and over again. No website can stop a bot unless they use captcha on entry points. the back end of the website is just a sql database. Over time someone will uncover the queries and write scripts to perform what the HTML code on the front end is doing. Because we (the regular users) have to go to six steps for each search and then we get limited results we will be miserable while the smart people get scripts coded for them to look for what they need. The front end of this search is WAY too specific for the average user. Only those who know they are traveling for 1 week, december 27th will find this site useful...again ignore our opinions, check what the facebook folks are saying. The bots had slowed down from all the observations I had since they implemented the captcha system. Sure this might slow them down even more for a while but at what cost to all of the mom/pop users who are trying to set up their retirement travel for the next four months?

dansyr2514

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Bonnet Creek, Wyndham Ocean Blvd, Wyndham Seawatch, Wyndham Fairfield Ten
I just tried to book a room at a resort we have ARP in myrtle beach. It is showing no availability for the entire year.

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the opinion. That might be true but there are a ton of conditions and according to the VC and OC I spoke with over the last two weeks they felt there would be lots of options available...of course this is the same team that didn't bother to mention how F'upd the search function was going to be so I wouldn't buy any stock in what they are selling..

The larger point is - no one saw a total revamp in search coming and forget what us dozen folks think. The facebook crowd is just waking up

I have tried to find the facebook page, can someone post the link?