• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

ThirdHome/Hyatt Vacation Club

viamontelane

TUG Member
Reaction score
TLDR: No brainer, no downside for HVC Owners. Sign up at HVC Dashboard.

Starting this October ThirdHome (a huge exclusive property exchange club) and HVC have formed a strategic alliance. My wife and I have been members of both ThirdHome and Hyatt Residence Club/Hyatt Vacation Club (HVC) for about 10 years. Here is my take based on actual experience with both clubs.

Overall, I see this as a great opportunity for most HVC members:

1. Lots of weeks available to book through ThirdHome.

2. Variety of places you can book, including private homes worldwide.

3. High-end homes and resorts, some with 5+ bedrooms.

4. Travel credits (Keys) don't expire for over two years.

5. If you aren't able to use your week(s) or points, convert them to a week and deposit it on ThirdHome. You can extend your travel time and not lose the value of your week of vacation time.

By depositing an HVC week with ThirdHome, you get travel credits (Keys). Use Keys to book from a selection of thousands of properties. Better HVC weeks earn more Keys. There's a calendar showing Key values per resort/unit.

Exchange fees are higher than Interval/HVC but properties are generally much, much nicer. Expect to pay $100-150 per night. Huge variety worldwide, lots of availability, hundreds of new listings weekly.

Pros:

- Great availability compared to other options if you're flexible.

- Last-minute deals on expiring inventory.

- Keys valid over 2 years.

- No annual fees until 2026, free to join.

- Variety - resorts, yachts, unique vacation homes, golf, ski, beach.

- Promotions to travel without using Keys.

- Global destinations. I've stayed in Iceland, Costa Rica, Argentina, NY, Cabo, Calgary, Bahamas, etc., saving $50k+ in value.

Cons:

- Need flexibility like other travel clubs.

- Higher exchange fees than Interval/HVC but better properties and availability.

- Can only send spouse/adult kids without the HVC owner being present.

Go to the HVC Dashboard to access the ThirdHome sign-up page. No cost for HVC members to join. Sign up to get newsletters featuring bookable properties.

Click here for the link to the ThirdHome FAQ page.

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
Can I deposit a week reserved with CUP points, or only HRPP?

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinion Pointe, HGVC The Bay Club, HGVC Elara, Worldmark
Can I deposit a week reserved with CUP points, or only HRPP?
I thought you could deposit any week you had a reservation for.

ScoopKona

Reaction score
Monkey King Coffee - Captain Cook, Hawaii
I thought you could deposit any week you had a reservation for.

I'm going to investigate the program. But not using timeshares. I'm happy with getting five weeks on one maintenance fee.

I'm building houses on the farm, and I'm sure they qualify for the program. I'll drop a couple weeks at one of the houses and 1) see what kind of people trade in; and 2) see what I can get in exchange.

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I'm going to investigate the program. But not using timeshares. I'm happy with getting five weeks on one maintenance fee.

I'm building houses on the farm, and I'm sure they qualify for the program. I'll drop a couple weeks at one of the houses and 1) see what kind of people trade in; and 2) see what I can get in exchange.
I joined and browsed. It’s pricey, but it could be great for a family gathering.

ChicagoDave

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinion Pointe x2
Hyatt Highlands Inn
Renaissance Aruba
Westin Lagunamar
TLDR: No brainer, no downside for HVC Owners. Sign up at HVC Dashboard.

Starting this October ThirdHome (a huge exclusive property exchange club) and HVC have formed a strategic alliance. My wife and I have been members of both ThirdHome and Hyatt Residence Club/Hyatt Vacation Club (HVC) for about 10 years. Here is my take based on actual experience with both clubs.

Overall, I see this as a great opportunity for most HVC members:

1. Lots of weeks available to book through ThirdHome.

2. Variety of places you can book, including private homes worldwide.

3. High-end homes and resorts, some with 5+ bedrooms.

4. Travel credits (Keys) don't expire for over two years.

5. If you aren't able to use your week(s) or points, convert them to a week and deposit it on ThirdHome. You can extend your travel time and not lose the value of your week of vacation time.

By depositing an HVC week with ThirdHome, you get travel credits (Keys). Use Keys to book from a selection of thousands of properties. Better HVC weeks earn more Keys. There's a calendar showing Key values per resort/unit.

Exchange fees are higher than Interval/HVC but properties are generally much, much nicer. Expect to pay $100-150 per night. Huge variety worldwide, lots of availability, hundreds of new listings weekly.

Pros:

- Great availability compared to other options if you're flexible.

- Last-minute deals on expiring inventory.

- Keys valid over 2 years.

- No annual fees until 2026, free to join.

- Variety - resorts, yachts, unique vacation homes, golf, ski, beach.

- Promotions to travel without using Keys.

- Global destinations. I've stayed in Iceland, Costa Rica, Argentina, NY, Cabo, Calgary, Bahamas, etc., saving $50k+ in value.

Cons:

- Need flexibility like other travel clubs.

- Higher exchange fees than Interval/HVC but better properties and availability.

- Can only send spouse/adult kids without the HVC owner being present.

Go to the HVC Dashboard to access the ThirdHome sign-up page. No cost for HVC members to join. Sign up to get newsletters featuring bookable properties.

Click here for the link to the ThirdHome FAQ page.
Thank you for the information. I created a Thirdhome account and was wondering where I can find out how many keys my Hyatt weeks are worth?

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thank you for the information. I created a Thirdhome account and was wondering where I can find out how many keys my Hyatt weeks are worth?
The ThirdHome website will tell you. It’s based on size, location and dates. Typically 4 or 6 keys.

ChicagoDave

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinion Pointe x2
Hyatt Highlands Inn
Renaissance Aruba
Westin Lagunamar
The ThirdHome website will tell you. It’s based on size, location and dates. Typically 4 or 6 keys.
Found it - thank you!

itap39

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt WOR
New to the thirdhome (TH) game.

So if I pay $1300 for my maint every year. I can book a peak time and trade into TH. They tell me I get 6 keys for my 2/2 platinum unit in peak time. Now I can rent a nice house but have to pay ~$150/night, so I pay another $1050. So I have to think the house is worth at least $335/night (1300+1050)/7. Im assuming, in your experience with TH that the houses would typically rent for way more than $335/night so it’s a great deal then? Am I thinking about this right??

ChicagoDave

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinion Pointe x2
Hyatt Highlands Inn
Renaissance Aruba
Westin Lagunamar

So if I pay $1300 for my maint every year. I can book a peak time and trade into TH. They tell me I get 6 keys for my 2/2 platinum unit in peak time. Now I can rent a nice house but have to pay ~$150/night, so I pay another $1050. So I have to think the house is worth at least $335/night (1300+1050)/7. Im assuming, in your experience with TH that the houses would typically rent for way more than $335/night so it’s a great deal then? Am I thinking about this right??
I think the way you’re evaluating it is correct, but if you browse the properties there are some gorgeous homes/resorts all over the world. The thing that interests us is the potential of getting a large home for a family gathering of 10-12 people and possibly our dog.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents

I use ThirdHome a lot - the places we have stayed are typically rented out for $1,000 plus per night. Some of them several thousand per night. You do have to be selective, of course - the ones I deposit to exchange with them are TS that cost me much less but are in the right place/season.

You get two free keys for signing up via referral. Let me know if anybody needs a referral to get those and I’ll send you a link
I don't believe that would work for Hyatt owners that get access through affiliation of Hyatt with ThirdHome. For the referral bonus to work, they would have to sign up with a different TS or vacation home first, then add Hyatt.

For full disclosure, the referring member also gets a bonus of two keys and a $500 exchange fee credit for each sign up. I've helped out several and am grateful for the bonuses.

Synergy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview, Massanutten
I use ThirdHome a lot - the places we have stayed are typically rented out for $1,000 plus per night. Some of them several thousand per night. You do have to be selective, of course - the ones I deposit to exchange with them are TS that cost me much less but are in the right place/season.

I don't believe that would work for Hyatt owners that get access through affiliation of Hyatt with ThirdHome. For the referral bonus to work, they would have to sign up with a different TS or vacation home first, then add Hyatt.

For full disclosure, the referring member also gets a bonus of two keys and a $500 exchange fee credit for each sign up. I've helped out several and am grateful for the bonuses.

May I PM you about thirdhome?