• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Trading your timeshare for another one at no future cost

spitubbe

TUG Member
Reaction score
We met a couple a few years ago when we were in Key West. They said they owned a Vidanta timeshare and had traded it for another all-inclusive company. The thing that interested us was that they traded theirs in for X number of weeks at the all-inclusive.
They were in their 60’s and said they received 30 weeks with no additional cost. They were limited to I think 5 weeks per year and when their 30 weeks were up they walked away without costs or any ownership. Has anyone ever heard of such an offer? I believe the all-inclusive company was in Mexico and had several locations. If this is true, we may be interested. The offer they received, of course, was based on how much Vidanta ownership they had.

jp10558

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Seaworld
Wyndham Smoky Mountains
I've heard of stuff all the time, right here reported on TUG. They're almost always scams - salespeople saying whatever they have to to get someone to buy. Or it's "timeshare exit" scams. From what I've seen, Mexico is even more rife with scams than the US, so likely they were lied to, or didn't understand what they were getting.