• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

travel4you5 ebay seller A/K/A National Resort Title et al

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
They actually DID transfer a few cheap timeshares to eBay buyers. Some of their active eBay auctions now are for cheap or zero-valued timeshares, those may very well be legit and in fact transferred. They use those transaction to build credibility.

Then they turn around, list expensive timeshares on eBay that they don't have, and scam people who win those auctions.

Fido Chuckwagon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort; Wyndham Bonnet Creek; Wyndham Bali Hai; Wyndham Canterbury; Wyndham Grand Desert; Marriott Grand Chateau
They actually DID transfer a few cheap timeshares to eBay buyers. Some of their active eBay auctions now are for cheap or zero-valued timeshares, those may very well be legit and in fact transferred. They use those transaction to build credibility.

Then they turn around, list expensive timeshares on eBay that they don't have, and scam people who win those auctions.
I'd still bet quite a bit that DBSmith is not one of those customers, and is, in fact, travel4you5.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I am sure Grand Chateau isn't a $0 transfer. Those have some value, though probably not a week that they would be looking to skim big profit off of through a scam.

DVCAKL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- AKL
DVC- SSR
You realize that this isn't a good look? Just signed up on the forums today just to post glowing reviews. Not many people who had a good experience with a company have a reason to search them through a Google search to turn up this thread.
I am stunned they never googled themselves prior to now. :shrug:

Reaction score
I won 2 bids on eBay for a timeshares from a seller with a user name Travel4you5. I called eBay to make sure that the customer was legit and that I was supposed to follow directions and contact them to purchase the item which is unusual for eBay. Usually you have to go through PayPal the representative at EBay told me that was correct but I had to contact them directly. They requested my personal email and had National Resort Title LLC, 1779 Newport Hwy, Sevierville TN 37876 , The title company sent me a contract and a credit card form, and I paid one with a credit card and one with a check. Then I could never get in contact with the seller or the title company. I called over 40 times but never a call back. When I would get a email back it would tell me another step in the process and it will take more time. Finally after 3 months I started to do more research and found out that multiple people are having the same problem. The website tugboat.com had a forum with many victims sharing information. Listed there was Sevier County sheriffs office who I contacted and found out this company has a file already and I was told over 50 people have been deceived and most of the time this company tries to wait it out and not pay them their money back. I filed multiple complaints one with the MO attorney general office and received a response from the company saying they already credited my credit card and that they were sending a check for the one I had written a check for. I did receive a check but they have yet to credit the card back like they said they had done.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
If anyone has mailed money (i.e. a check) to Travel4you5 via the mail using USPS and Travel4you5 has not performed then be VERY sure to get in touch with The United States Postal Inspection Service and speak with them immediately. This isn't applicable if you use Fed Ex, UPS, or other private carriers. You must have mailed it via the United States Postal Service to have access to the Postal Inspection Service.

If Travel4you5 has not performed (i.e. provide title) then this is considered MAIL FRAUD and it becomes a FEDERAL CRIME --- far more serious than a State crime. And it appears this has been going on for some time. Sometimes it's easier putting someone out of business using a Federal Offense.

It's time these thieves get some metal bracelets and are locked up for a long, long time.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
If anyone has mailed money (i.e. a check) to Travel4you5 via the mail using USPS and Travel4you5 has not performed then be VERY sure to get in touch with The United States Postal Inspection Service and speak with them immediately. This isn't applicable if you use Fed Ex, UPS, or other private carriers. You must have mailed it via the United States Postal Service to have access to the Postal Inspection Service.

If Travel4you5 has not performed (i.e. provide title) then this is considered MAIL FRAUD and it becomes a FEDERAL CRIME --- far more serious than a State crime. And it appears this has been going on for some time. Sometimes it's easier putting someone out of business using a Federal Offense.

It's time these thieves get some metal bracelets and are locked up for a long, long time.

The postal inspector also has an excellent track record on convictions for cases it takes on. I learned that from the movie Queenpins.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
The website tugboat.com had a forum
I think this might have been an autocorrect from tugbbs.com? The thing is, it was written to make me think it was a different website than this one we are posting on now.

Fido Chuckwagon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort; Wyndham Bonnet Creek; Wyndham Bali Hai; Wyndham Canterbury; Wyndham Grand Desert; Marriott Grand Chateau
I think this might have been an autocorrect from tugbbs.com? The thing is, it was written to make me think it was a different website than this one we are posting on now.
tugboat.com appears to literally be a website to charter tugboats, so, yeah, I think you’re right…

DVCAKL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- AKL
DVC- SSR
I won 2 bids on eBay for a timeshares from a seller with a user name Travel4you5. I called eBay to make sure that the customer was legit and that I was supposed to follow directions and contact them to purchase the item which is unusual for eBay. Usually you have to go through PayPal the representative at EBay told me that was correct but I had to contact them directly. They requested my personal email and had National Resort Title LLC, 1779 Newport Hwy, Sevierville TN 37876 , The title company sent me a contract and a credit card form, and I paid one with a credit card and one with a check. Then I could never get in contact with the seller or the title company. I called over 40 times but never a call back. When I would get a email back it would tell me another step in the process and it will take more time. Finally after 3 months I started to do more research and found out that multiple people are having the same problem. The website tugboat.com had a forum with many victims sharing information. Listed there was Sevier County sheriffs office who I contacted and found out this company has a file already and I was told over 50 people have been deceived and most of the time this company tries to wait it out and not pay them their money back. I filed multiple complaints one with the MO attorney general office and received a response from the company saying they already credited my credit card and that they were sending a check for the one I had written a check for. I did receive a check but they have yet to credit the card back like they said they had done.
Did you file the report with the Sheriff? If not, please reach out to me.

DVCAKL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- AKL
DVC- SSR
As per usual, leaving this here before Ebay deletes it... Just to update this was posted on 8/17 and Ebay deleted it on 8/18.

1692309741911.png

Last edited:

safetyexpert

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Vacation Club Kauai Beach Club
Did you file the report with the Sheriff? If not, please reach out to me.
Hello, Unfortunately I found this forum too late. Won an auction on ebay and now i’m out $2200. They’re ghosting me. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

DVCAKL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- AKL
DVC- SSR
Hello, Unfortunately I found this forum too late. Won an auction on ebay and now i’m out $2200. They’re ghosting me. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
I messaged you but you did not respond.

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon

The Colorado Kid

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Riverfront
Christie Lodge
Apollo Park
Grand Timber Lodge
Indian Palms
Massanutten
Park Regency
Valdoro Mountain Lodge
Marriott Surfwatch

DVCAKL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- AKL
DVC- SSR
Reaction score
Hello,

I purchased 220 Animal Kingdom points from a Travel4you5 ebay disney listing in April about the same time as​

DVCAKL. On may 4 I was told by Morgan Cook at National Resort Title that the ROFR paperwork was submitted on April 17 then on May 22nd she said it passed and "Yes we are cleared to start the deed work and we are scheduled to work on that this week!" Then on June 7 " No sir nothing you need to fill out as of right now; once the deed is recorded, Disney should only take about 4 weeks or so to finalize everything on their end!" I've emailed National Resort Title a few times in the last 8 days to confirm the deed was recorded and haven't heard anything. Then I discovered this thread so I am scared. I unfortunately paid for the purchase by a bank transfer. What do you think my recourse is now?​

Just an update...I notified National Resort Title that I wished to cancel this transaction and my refund check for this cancelled Ebay purchase from Travel4you5 of 220 Animal Kingdom points arrived and has been deposited.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just an update...I notified National Resort Title that I wished to cancel this transaction and my refund check for this cancelled Ebay purchase from Travel4you5 of 220 Animal Kingdom points arrived and has been deposited.

So it took six months from April 2023 until October of 2023 to obtain your refund?

owl

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-N
HKB
Hi Everyone,

I am thankful to have found this thread, even though I wish I had found it sooner. I've honestly just been too busy with work.

I purchased one of the timeshares from this eBay seller in April 2023, and similar to all of experiences I have read in this form, I have had the same experience, especially with the slow or no responses, no answer to phone calls, being strung along, etc. I have just started working with a lawyer (group legal plan, so there's potentially a flat fee if the case is accepted) on this topic who will probably create a demand letter, but I am wondering if someone can help provide a summary of what has been most successful approach in moving towards a refund. I've seen comments about contacting the AG, the sheriff, the FBI, and others. Shall I keep working with the lawyer (if the case is accepted), or has there been a more expedient approach?

Thank you in advance.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Hi Everyone,

I am thankful to have found this thread, even though I wish I had found it sooner. I've honestly just been too busy with work.

I purchased one of the timeshares from this eBay seller in April 2023, and similar to all of experiences I have read in this form, I have had the same experience, especially with the slow or no responses, no answer to phone calls, being strung along, etc. I have just started working with a lawyer (group legal plan, so there's potentially a flat fee if the case is accepted) on this topic who will probably create a demand letter, but I am wondering if someone can help provide a summary of what has been most successful approach in moving towards a refund. I've seen comments about contacting the AG, the sheriff, the FBI, and others. Shall I keep working with the lawyer (if the case is accepted), or has there been a more expedient approach?

Thank you in advance.
An attorney is probably the best way to a refund. All the other entities (AG, real estate office, FBI) just take your complaint and add it to the list. Enough complaints warrant a more thorough investigation and possible civil or criminal lawsuit by the state.

TheHolleys87

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk Villas, Kona Coast II
Hi Everyone,

Thank you in advance.
Once your post count allows you to send and receive private messages, you should contact @DVCAKL. I think your problem might be with the same entity they’re pursuing, and there’s already a legal case being built against them. Good luck.

owl

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-N
HKB
Thank you for your replies.

An attorney is probably the best way to a refund. All the other entities (AG, real estate office, FBI) just take your complaint and add it to the list. Enough complaints warrant a more thorough investigation and possible civil or criminal lawsuit by the state.

Once your post count allows you to send and receive private messages, you should contact @DVCAKL. I think your problem might be with the same entity they’re pursuing, and there’s already a legal case being built against them. Good luck.

DVCAKL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC- AKL
DVC- SSR
I just saw this. Reaching out...