• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

TUGGER meeting January 24, 2024 - Orlando!

Red elephant

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WSJ
Harborside
Nanea
SDO
SVV
SBP
Bumping. I'll be there. We're booked for the week at Vistana Villages. Who else is coming?
Would have loved to meet you all as I have learned so much from you guys. Leaving Lakeshore reserve on the 23rd. Bummer!!!

ronandjoan

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Telemark, Townhouses at St Augustine Beach and Tennis Club, Stoneridge Resort (ID)

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Would have loved to meet you all as I have learned so much from you guys. Leaving Lakeshore reserve on the 23rd. Bummer!!!
That's too bad. Wish you could have made it, always the more the merrier...

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wishing everyone joy, happiness and excellent fellowship. We are planning our 55th wedding anniversary for April and we will not be able to attend.

Praying for a bright and sunny day for January 24, 2024 in the sunshine state.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Bumping. I'll be there. We're booked for the week at Vistana Villages. Who else is coming?
This event is on my to do list. I want to meet the man behind all those very informative timeshare videos . dioxide45 you are preforming an excellent service to timeshare owners. IMHO:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::whooopie::whooopie::whooopie::whooopie::whooopie::whooopie::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
I so hope one day I can make one of these meet ups, I'm still working and have to be in business meetings on this day....

ronandjoan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Telemark, Townhouses at St Augustine Beach and Tennis Club, Stoneridge Resort (ID)
Its in 2 DAYS! Wednesday 3 p.m. Welcome to all who can come!.
Especially for people who have not come before, look for us in a corner of the Golden Corral on Vineland

Attachments

• Alan and Carol Cole (Custom).JPG
    Alan and Carol Cole (Custom).JPG
    82.1 KB · Views: 20
  • ron and joan (Custom).JPG
    ron and joan (Custom).JPG
    70.3 KB · Views: 21

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just want to say Thank You to these two amazing couples for keeping this annual Tuggers venture on track.

Also, a big Thank You, to Golden Corral for letting TUG hosting this fellowship time at their restaurant every year .

Last edited:

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
We won't be rolling in to Orlando until 1/28. Sorry to miss the fellowship.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Its in 2 DAYS! Wednesday 3 p.m. Welcome to all who can come!.
Especially for people who have not come before, look for us in a corner of the Golden Corral on Vineland
How was the TUG Meeting this week?

moonstone

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Beach Club at St. Augustine Beach, FL (1 floating week, purchased in 1982)

77,000 RCI points (Sunrise Ridge Resort, TN)
Maybe something happened that they don't want those of us who weren't there to know about. Haha. Some secret strategy planning?

~Diane

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I was there, I know it happened. I even said to someone exactly what @amycurl said earlier. I even thought of her when I said it because I knew she would post it in this thread. Someone did take a few photos, but not sure their name now. I think it was a husband of a Tugger. So not sure if we will see those photos posted.

I believe there were about 15 people there. A bunch of people cancelled last minute and couldn't make it. There was some confusion at the restaurant as people arrived at different times. @ronandjoan were put over in one of the corners. When I arrived, I asked where the group was and was directed to a back room. So the group was split up for about 10 minutes until I saw Joan and a bunch of others over in the corner and waived them our way toward the room. The separate room was great. Even with all the naysayers on here about Golden Corral, I was rather impressed with the food. It seemed that most was quite fresh. Still the best way to host this though switching seats after getting a new plate wasn't always easy as the one table got pretty packed and there was no seat to sit in on my last trip back. So I just sat back where I was and talked with @Jan M. until it was time for me to leave.

I left by 6pm but about 9 people stayed until 9pm. They had to move out of the room as it was needed for another group at 6pm. Hopefully someone will come by with the photos. I didn't bring a phone in with me or I would have taken some.

ronandjoan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pics or it didn't happen! ;)
They will be coming
Maybe something happened that they don't want those of us who weren't there to know about. Haha. Some secret strategy planning?

~Diane
I apologize, I just needed to get back to my laptop in St Augustine to download and post the photos. We do not have photos of everyone who came, we only got a few candid ones, since everyone was talking talking talking!! It was a great time!
We have gone to Orlando - going to a timeshare from our timeshare (in St Augustine)-- for 10 years now for this get-together and always enjoy meeting everyone. And then we drive to Fort Myers on Thursday to visit my husband's aunt since it is a lot closer to drive from Orlando than from St Augustine. So we returned to St Augustine tonight and I am downloading the photos now that my brother-in-law took. Sorry I am delayed: we had to go to the store to restock on the food we took with us to eat in the timeshare for those days.
The room was smaller than we have had before so yes, it was harder to change chairs -- but people still were able to move about some, just not as easily as in past years.

ronandjoan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
diioxide45 - Jeremy - gave each of us this great sticker!

Attachments

• from Jeremy.JPG
    from Jeremy.JPG
    63.5 KB · Views: 11

ronandjoan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Here are the photos now – YAY - to PROVE we really met LOL! Dioxide45 has provided a good description of what happened. We had 15 attendees; 9 people who had hoped and planned to come were unable to come at the last minute.

Here are candid photos of some people. We were all so busy talking that we failed to take more photos.

Here are names with TUG names. Merlyn took 2 photos.

Photo 1

Clockwise: Jim of Jan M, Alan of Away We Go, Eve of regatta333, Carol of Away We Go.

Photo 2:

Clockwise from the front: Eve of ragatta333, Carol of Away We Go, Joan of ronandjoan. Ron of same, Kay (Ron’s sister-in-law no TUG name), then Eve’s husband (no name tag). Next table: Jeremy of dioxide 45, standing in back: Daryl (Ron’s brother, no TUG name).

Photo 3 The 9 that stayed from 6 pm to 9 pm (I took the photo)

Clockwise ladies: Kay (Ron’s sister-in-law), Carol of Away We G, Jan of Jan M.

Men: Daryl (Ron’s brother), Merlyn (Ron’s brother, Kay’s husband), Jim of Jan M, . Alan of Away We Go, Ron of ronandjoan

No photo of Susan and Jerry and Julie

Alan and Carol have provided the name tags each year and have kept them so we can pick them up to use again. There are SO MANY on the table from over the 10 years!

These get-togethers have provided us with so many good friends that we not only see here but may also keep up with throughout the year and we may even meet up with them elsewhere.

Isn’t that how timesharing is? We are a special group, and timeshares not only provide great vacations but great friends too.

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    92.2 KB · Views: 48
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    107.4 KB · Views: 49
  • Photo 3.JPG
    Photo 3.JPG
    110.6 KB · Views: 48

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Here are the photos now – YAY - to PROVE we really met LOL! Dioxide45 has provided a good description of what happened. We had 15 attendees; 9 people who had hoped and planned to come were unable to come at the last minute.

Here are candid photos of some people. We were all so busy talking that we failed to take more photos.

Here are names with TUG names. Merlyn took 2 photos.

Photo 1

Clockwise: Jim of Jan M, Alan of Away We Go, Eve of regatta333, Carol of Away We Go.

Photo 2:

Clockwise from the front: Eve of ragatta333, Carol of Away We Go, Joan of ronandjoan. Ron of same, Kay (Ron’s sister-in-law no TUG name), then Eve’s husband (no name tag). Next table: Jeremy of dioxide 45, standing in back: Daryl (Ron’s brother, no TUG name).

Photo 3 The 9 that stayed from 6 pm to 9 pm (I took the photo)

Clockwise ladies: Kay (Ron’s sister-in-law), Carol of Away We G, Jan of Jan M.

Men: Daryl (Ron’s brother), Merlyn (Ron’s brother, Kay’s husband), Jim of Jan M, . Alan of Away We Go, Ron of ronandjoan

No photo of Susan and Jerry and Julie

Alan and Carol have provided the name tags each year and have kept them so we can pick them up to use again. There are SO MANY on the table from over the 10 years!

These get-togethers have provided us with so many good friends that we not only see here but may also keep up with throughout the year and we may even meet up with them elsewhere.

Isn’t that how timesharing is? We are a special group, and timeshares not only provide great vacations but great friends too.
One word “Outstanding.”
Knowledge is Power and the annual TUG Meeting is full of Timeshare Knowledge and Power.
To the CNBC reporter, this annual meeting is one of the positive size of timeshare ownership.

Last edited: