• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Updated Hilton Head Restaurants

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
JME, are you there the week of the 23rd? My entire family will be here the 23rd. We might get to share our tree.

well, barely.....we'll be at GO from June 3-24.... but that one day might just work

terryfic

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
A few new ones we found on our last trip not mentioned by Marty are the Hilton Head Diner which had a nice breakfast selection we thought and the British Open Pub.

We always make a stop at he British Open Pub for Fish and Chips or their not to be missed Lobster Pot Pie. Also Gruby's New York Deli for breakfast or lunch. Did anyone mention Uli & Claude's?

EKniager

TUG Member
Reaction score
Maybe I read this thread too quickly but I did not notice anyone commenting on The Cottage Restaurant in 'Old Town' Bluffton. Take your significant other there for breakfast AND lunch.

We have yet to introduce that place to friends (particularly female) who don't fall in love with it. LOL, every time we go I expect someone to pull a Meg Ryan (Sleepless in Seattle)!

Strange, but it reminds me of the off-the-beaten-path type places in Hawaii.

Superchief

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'll be at Harbour Club for a weekend next month. Are any of these good restaurants within walking distance to this resort?

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
I'll be at Harbour Club for a weekend next month. Are any of these good restaurants within walking distance to this resort?

no, but CQ's is right next door---haven't been there in years, but has historically been touted as one of the best fine dining spots.

Crazy Crab is in Harbour Town shops area. Busy, crowded, but decent seafood.

Harbour Town Bakery is wonderful for lunch....great sandwiches, salads, and soups.

also a restaurant near water at Lighthouse, but not familiar with it. called QuarterDeck, I think....best to do research, but I often see lots of people sitting outside on their porch/patio while dining, so it's apparently popular......has entertainment occasionally.

Truffles is a mile away in shopping center...worth the trip. great food, great menu. good luck

jont

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enrolled in Marriott DC/
MOW /MGC /MCV/MGO / Trust Points
here's two more to add to the list:
The "Smokehouse" on Pope Ave. Good spot for ribs, Marty recommended, and Kenny B's French Quarter cafe located in the shopping center behind Wild Wing Cafe. A great spot for breakfast or a casual meal. The bignets are awesome! :D

Superchief

TUG Member
Reaction score
no, but CQ's is right next door---haven't been there in years, but has historically been touted as one of the best fine dining spots.

Crazy Crab is in Harbour Town shops area. Busy, crowded, but decent seafood.

Harbour Town Bakery is wonderful for lunch....great sandwiches, salads, and soups.

also a restaurant near water at Lighthouse, but not familiar with it. called QuarterDeck, I think....best to do research, but I often see lots of people sitting outside on their porch/patio while dining, so it's apparently popular......has entertainment occasionally.

Truffles is a mile away in shopping center...worth the trip. great food, great menu. good luck

Thanks for your help. I also want to try Santa Fe which you highly recommended earlier. This will be my first trip to Hilton Head for several years, but we will likely visit it more often in the future because it is within driving distance. I was able to use DC points for 2 nights at Harbour Club and then will be staying 3 nights at the Westin for meetings. DC point requirements were very reasonable for the non-beachfront MVW resorts.

cp73

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DSV 1
Thanks for your help. I also want to try Santa Fe which you highly recommended earlier.

I went last year to Santa Fe based on Marty's recommendation. You have to get the Cowboy Ribeye. It was great. It was so huge my wife and I split it on their recommendation. Also if you love cheese they had a salad which was covered with grated cheese. It was also fantastic...We are returning in October and wont miss it.

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
I went last year to Santa Fe based on Marty's recommendation. You have to get the Cowboy Ribeye. It was great. It was so huge my wife and I split it on their recommendation. Also if you love cheese they had a salad which was covered with grated cheese. It was also fantastic...We are returning in October and wont miss it.

per OP's request, I limited my recs to those in Harbour Town, as tough as that was, but yes, Santa Fe is a must for us...usually the first and the last place we go. As Chris concurs, the Cowboy Cut Rib Chop is just sinfully fantastic, and it comes with their string onion rings piled high, which i request that they kick it up a notch with spiciness....yum. But also don't forget that their Grouper is the signature dish....very rich, but awesome.

Wiseguys is a place that I need to add to my list, next door to Frankie Bones. It has a great steak too, but not quite like Santa Fe's. Been to Wiseguys three times, and very good each time for everyone.

KathyPet

TUG Member
Reaction score
Vine at Coligny Plaza

Anyone been there? it is currently # 1 on Trip Advisor

FlyerBobcat

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Vine at Coligny Plaza

Vine at Coligny Plaza --- Anyone been there? it is currently # 1 on Trip Advisor

Here a few things I can say:

1) Concierge at MGO not able to get a reservation a few days prior to arriving. I think this was due to the facts that a) restaurant is very small, b) very popular, c) reservation system via phone call required a call-back by them a day later. The concierge at MGO said she checked with co-worker and prime times were booked for months in advance (not sure I believe that!)

2) While at MGO, I attempted to make a reservation myself. Then did call back the next day, but only were able to offer a ~ 5pm or a very later reservation, so we passed.

3) A neighbor of mine dined there in May of this year and was impressed. He told me to get there when they open (I think 5 pm) to get a table.

4) Location at Coligny is busy. Possibly not an ideal spot for a table on the patio, IMO.

That's it..

ilene13

TUG Member
Reaction score
If Daniels isn't on the list, it is a must. Their tapas are fantastic. Also we have now been to Roastfish and Cornbread twice and I am not impressed. We will not return.

Superchief

TUG Member
Reaction score
I will be staying a Monday night at the Westin near Barony without a car. Are there any good restaurants within walking distance? Thanks for all of the suggestions.

Luvtoride

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Cypress Harbor
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Desert Springs Villas II
Marriott Grande Ocean
Thanks for the cross reference and nice words, Tom. I tried alot of the restaurants on the original list during our stay this past week, but there are just too many to hit in 1 visit.
I'd he interested in others opinions of Floras if they try it.

KathyPet

TUG Member
Reaction score
Vines Reservation Attempt

We will be on HH from 9/14-9/21. called Vines today for a reservation for 2 for any night that week. According to the woman I spoke with FOR THAT ENTIRE WEEK the only available reservation times are 5 PM or 9 PM. DH will not eat at 9 and I won't eat at 5 so I gues Vines is out.
There are too many other excellent restaurants for me to deal with that sort of thing.

Luvtoride

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Cypress Harbor
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Desert Springs Villas II
Marriott Grande Ocean
Vine Restaurant-HHI

Hi Kathy and all,
We just had dinner tonight at Vine on HHI. It was outstanding!! The food, service, creativity and overall experience could not have been better. The hosts, Harry and Steve were welcoming, appreciative of us being there and effusive in their descriptions of the restaurant and the preparation of the dishes. Our server Misty was professional efficient and personable. The food was phenomenal, creative, complex and delicious. The amazing dinner was topped off by a Bacon sundae that was absolutely amazing! Kathy, keep trying to get a reservation here during your trip. Try an outdoor table if you can't get inside.
Jme, another vote from me for a great dinner experience here! It was pricey ($225 per couple with a moderate bottle of wine.
If anyone has any questions about it, feel free to let me know.
Brian :)

ilene13

TUG Member
Reaction score
We went to the Vine in July for our anniversary. I called in May and I could only get a 5 or 9 PM reservation. We went at 9. It was wonderful. The only glitch we had was that my kids had called and wanted our dinner charged to them. That didn't happen--- we paid the bill. My daughter in law had a fit. Steve called us and we have a dinner on Steve next summer!

chunkygal

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC BWV 215 pts

MVC Kauai, Wioahai

Enrolled in DC
I will be staying a Monday night at the Westin near Barony without a car. Are there any good restaurants within walking distance? Thanks for all of the suggestions.

I don't think much is near Barony's without a car....maybe with a taxi :D

Review for Alfreds: German cuisine

I miss the Edelweiss that was on the turnabout years ago and you don't see too many German restaurants, so we had to try it.

The food was great...the ambience....not so much.
The tables over look through a large glass window a "garden" area which I am sure had psuedomonas in it due to neglect. All the plants were dying or dead (mercifully) and the water stagnant and green. Not very appetizing. Shut the curtains! then it would seem intimate. but the schnitzel....OMG

and not included is Ruan Thai...always a take out staple and yum!

FlyerBobcat

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi Kathy and all,
We just had dinner tonight at Vine on HHI. It was outstanding!! The food, service, creativity and overall experience could not have been better. The hosts, Harry and Steve were welcoming, appreciative of us being there and effusive in their descriptions of the restaurant and the preparation of the dishes. Our server Misty was professional efficient and personable. The food was phenomenal, creative, complex and delicious. The amazing dinner was topped off by a Bacon sundae that was absolutely amazing! Kathy, keep trying to get a reservation here during your trip. Try an outdoor table if you can't get inside.
Jme, another vote from me for a great dinner experience here! It was pricey ($225 per couple with a moderate bottle of wine.
If anyone has any questions about it, feel free to let me know.
Brian :)

Note that a year has passed from the time of the previous posts that you seemed to be responding to.

In any case, I can't believe that the "5pm or 9pm" line is still being used there when trying for a reservation there...