• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Urgent! Purchased on March 2nd, and sent rescission letter via email and mail on March 4th and 5th. Can you help check what we did is sufficient?

hyzhang

Reaction score
Hi Everyone! We had a trip to Orlando Disney and stayed at the Orlando Vistana Villages for a package deal. We chose to listen to the presentation for the 50K Marriott points it would give me, thinking that we wouldn't buy a thing. However, the sales people are just so convincing and they use so many lies and exaggerated facts to lure us into buying. We bought the 25800 package and later found tuggs and wanted to cancel.

We sent the rescission letter through email and mail, because here's the paragraph in an agreement titled "SHERATON FLEX VACATIONS PURCHASE AND SALE AGREEMENT" that they specified to cancel:
"You may cancel this agreement without any penalty or obligation within 10 calendar days after the date you sign this agreement or the date on which you receive the last of all documents required to be given to you pursuant to Section 721.07(6), Florida Statues, whichever is later, If you decide to cancel this agreement, you must notify the seller in writing of your intent to cancel. Your notice of cancellation shall be effective on the date sent and shall be sent to: Sheraton Vistana Villages at 12401 International Dr., Orlando, Fl. 32821 ; Attention: Sheraton Flex Vacations, LLC c/o New Owner Administration Department or sent by email to MVWNOASVV@vacationclub.com or fax to 407-238-5089 . Any attempt to obtain a waiver of your cancellation right is void and of no effect. While you may execute all closing documents in advance, the closing, as evidenced by delivery of the deed or other document, before expiration of your 10-day cancellation period, is prohibited."

So the catch here is that we are not sure what the thing after "Attention: ..." means. Is that the address we send it to? But then it's not in the underlined part. It just doesn't make sense and we feel that they are deliberately confusing us. Then at the end of all documents there's another document titled "FLEX VACATIONS OWNERSHIP PLAN RECEIPT FOR TIMESHARE DOCUMENTS AND EXCHANGE COMPANY DOCUMENTS" where there are instructions to cancel:
"You may cancel this contract without any penalty or obligation within ten (10) calendar days after the date you sign this agreement or the date on which you receive the last of all documents required to be given to you pursuant to Section 721.07(6), Florida Statues, whichever is later, If you decide to cancel this contract, you must notify the seller in writing of your intent to cancel. Your notice of cancellation shall be effective on the date sent and shall be sent to: Sheraton Flex Vacations, LLC c/o New Owner Administration Department, at 9002 San Marco Court, Orlando, Fl 32819. Any attempt to obtain a waiver of your cancellation right is void and of no effect. While you may execute all closing documents in advance, the closing, as evidenced by delivery of the deed or other document, before expiration of your to (ten) day cancellation period, is prohibited."
This paragraph is more or less the same except the address is different now, and there's no underline, and there's no mention of being able to use email or fax to cancel.

We eventually sent the mail to the address in the underline section, which is the address of the resort. We also sent an email to the email address specified, which also looks sketchy since it's just gibberish before the organization name. Here's what we wrote in the letter:
"
Ladies and Gentlemen:

Regarding contract “XX-XX-XXXXX” for purchase of a timeshare at “Sheraton Vistana Villages Orlando” on March 2nd 2024, we are exercising our legal right to cancel this contract. We expect a full refund of our deposit of “$12649”. Do not make any additional charges to our credit card. Please confirm our legal rescission in writing.

Sincerely,

My name,
My wife's name"

Do you think we've done enough? They send no confirmation they they've received the request and I tried convincing myself that I've done enough since the text specifies a mail OR email OR fax option, but as the date closes in we keep second-guessing ourselves. Should I mail another copy of our letter to the address specified in the second cancellation paragraph? Can you guys help look at this and see if we need to do anything else?

DRIless

Reaction score
You're covered, don't die of heartburn while waiting*. Also, if they call to 'sweeten' the deal, JUST SAY NO, like you were planning on the first time.
* don't have proof of mailing?

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
It means that if you mail your rescission notice, the address on your envelope or package should read:

Sheraton Vistana Villages
12401 International Dr.,
Orlando, Fl. 32821
Attention: Sheraton Flex Vacations, LLC c/o New Owner Administration Department

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone! We had a trip to Orlando Disney and stayed at the Orlando Vistana Villages for a package deal. We chose to listen to the presentation for the 50K Marriott points it would give me, thinking that we wouldn't buy a thing. However, the sales people are just so convincing and they use so many lies and exaggerated facts to lure us into buying. We bought the 25800 package and later found tuggs and wanted to cancel.

We sent the rescission letter through email and mail, because here's the paragraph in an agreement titled "SHERATON FLEX VACATIONS PURCHASE AND SALE AGREEMENT" that they specified to cancel:
"You may cancel this agreement without any penalty or obligation within 10 calendar days after the date you sign this agreement or the date on which you receive the last of all documents required to be given to you pursuant to Section 721.07(6), Florida Statues, whichever is later, If you decide to cancel this agreement, you must notify the seller in writing of your intent to cancel. Your notice of cancellation shall be effective on the date sent and shall be sent to: Sheraton Vistana Villages at 12401 International Dr., Orlando, Fl. 32821 ; Attention: Sheraton Flex Vacations, LLC c/o New Owner Administration Department or sent by email to MVWNOASVV@vacationclub.com or fax to 407-238-5089 . Any attempt to obtain a waiver of your cancellation right is void and of no effect. While you may execute all closing documents in advance, the closing, as evidenced by delivery of the deed or other document, before expiration of your 10-day cancellation period, is prohibited."

So the catch here is that we are not sure what the thing after "Attention: ..." means. Is that the address we send it to? But then it's not in the underlined part. It just doesn't make sense and we feel that they are deliberately confusing us. Then at the end of all documents there's another document titled "FLEX VACATIONS OWNERSHIP PLAN RECEIPT FOR TIMESHARE DOCUMENTS AND EXCHANGE COMPANY DOCUMENTS" where there are instructions to cancel:
"You may cancel this contract without any penalty or obligation within ten (10) calendar days after the date you sign this agreement or the date on which you receive the last of all documents required to be given to you pursuant to Section 721.07(6), Florida Statues, whichever is later, If you decide to cancel this contract, you must notify the seller in writing of your intent to cancel. Your notice of cancellation shall be effective on the date sent and shall be sent to: Sheraton Flex Vacations, LLC c/o New Owner Administration Department, at 9002 San Marco Court, Orlando, Fl 32819. Any attempt to obtain a waiver of your cancellation right is void and of no effect. While you may execute all closing documents in advance, the closing, as evidenced by delivery of the deed or other document, before expiration of your to (ten) day cancellation period, is prohibited."
This paragraph is more or less the same except the address is different now, and there's no underline, and there's no mention of being able to use email or fax to cancel.

We eventually sent the mail to the address in the underline section, which is the address of the resort. We also sent an email to the email address specified, which also looks sketchy since it's just gibberish before the organization name. Here's what we wrote in the letter:
"
Ladies and Gentlemen:

Regarding contract “XX-XX-XXXXX” for purchase of a timeshare at “Sheraton Vistana Villages Orlando” on March 2nd 2024, we are exercising our legal right to cancel this contract. We expect a full refund of our deposit of “$12649”. Do not make any additional charges to our credit card. Please confirm our legal rescission in writing.

Sincerely,

My name,
My wife's name"

Do you think we've done enough? They send no confirmation they they've received the request and I tried convincing myself that I've done enough since the text specifies a mail OR email OR fax option, but as the date closes in we keep second-guessing ourselves. Should I mail another copy of our letter to the address specified in the second cancellation paragraph? Can you guys help look at this and see if we need to do anything else?

Hopefully you went to the Post Office and mailed it CERTIFIED MAIL and retained a Postmarked copy of your Postal receipt. If you did this you will be fine.

They do not have to acknowledge receipt, but they do have to act on it by law. Allow up to 45 days.

hyzhang

Reaction score
You're covered, don't die of heartburn while waiting*. Also, if they call to 'sweeten' the deal, JUST SAY NO, like you were planning on the first time.
* don't have proof of mailing?
I did a certified mail through usps.

sue1947

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark and VI
They send no confirmation they they've received the request
They aren't required to confirm, but they are required to do the cancellation. It's a reputable company in the timeshare world so take a deep breath and relax; you've got this. The refund of the deposit sometimes takes several weeks to a month (40 days rings a bell) so watch the credit card statement.
For others reading who are in a similar situation: Sending a rescission via certified mail provides proof of that date of mailing. It probably won't be needed, but it's good to have just in case.

hyzhang

Reaction score
It means that if you mail your rescission notice, the address on your envelope or package should read:
Dang it. I didn't have the "Attention..." line on there. Should I send another one? I already sent via email tho

hyzhang

Reaction score
And the Attention line is too long to be included in the address anyways...

DRIless

Reaction score
Dang it. I didn't have the "Attention..." line on there. Should I send another one? I already sent via email tho
relax

sue1947

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark and VI
With the certified letter, you have everything you need.
There is absolutely no need to send another one, unless it will make you feel better. Your stress level seems pretty high so if a trip to the post office will eliminate that last bit of worry, why not?

hyzhang

Reaction score
With the certified letter, you have everything you need.
There is absolutely no need to send another one, unless it will make you feel better. Your stress level seems pretty high so if a trip to the post office will eliminate that last bit of worry, why not?
Thanks for the reassurance! I will go again and send to the other address, just to sleep better.

ScoopKona

Reaction score
Monkey King Coffee - Captain Cook, Hawaii
Hi Everyone! We had a trip to Orlando Disney and stayed at the Orlando Vistana Villages for a package deal. We chose to listen to the presentation for the 50K Marriott points it would give me, thinking that we wouldn't buy a thing. However, the sales people are just so convincing

Hopefully you have learned the moral of this story -- the "free" crap isn't free and it isn't worth it. How much has this "free" stay cost you in time and aggravation? And you're one of the lucky ones. Many don't learn this until they're past the rescission window.

For anyone else reading this, in a similar situation: 1) Make copies of the rescission paperwork; 2) Follow the cancellation instructions to the letter. (There are detailed instructions. Find them in your paperwork and follow them.) 3) Send it not just certified but also pay the extra two bucks for return receipt. Now you have physical proof the timeshare company received your cancellation letter.

Hindsite

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reassurance!
Treat yourself to TUG membership as you got good advice from here.
Then, when you are fully rested, you can spend 6 months reading up and working out what, if any, timeshare suits your needs. In the interim, you can pick up some great bargain rentals via fellow TUG members to get you exploring the different locations.

hyzhang

Reaction score
Hopefully you have learned the moral of this story -- the "free" crap isn't free and it isn't worth it. How much has this "free" stay cost you in time and aggravation? And you're one of the lucky ones. Many don't learn this until they're past the rescission window.

For anyone else reading this, in a similar situation: 1) Make copies of the rescission paperwork; 2) Follow the cancellation instructions to the letter. (There are detailed instructions. Find them in your paperwork and follow them.) 3) Send it not just certified but also pay the extra two bucks for return receipt. Now you have physical proof the timeshare company received your cancellation letter.
Lesson learned. It feels like I’m earning my own money back

elaine

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Eagles Nest, DVC-AKV, HHI
I’d be overly cautious and also send one to the email with that “attention” in the heading if you did not preciously and cc yourself to a date stamp on it as you are still within 10 days. That email is the address they requested, so it’s legit. And resending letter to other address, Certified, will have you 100+% covered. Good job!

Last edited:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
grats on saving nearly 13k!

DRIless

Reaction score

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Confirmed that they returned the money back to me two days ago!!! Thanks to everyone on this forum!
Timeshare is great. Buy something in platinum season with a hotel-brand (not Wyndham) and you will be happy with your purchase.