• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

VIDANTA SUCKS

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Hi T-Dot. You are quite knowledgable about the old contracts, though you say you don't have one, did you used to have one and upgraded? My friend has upgraded a couple times and now has Grand Luxe contract with the 10 year expiring Registered Week. He hasn't been able to use the two "Residence Weeks" for reasons that I don't understand. Can you explain these weeks?
I have a 25 year renewal Mayan Palace contract & we have never upgraded.

Is your Sea Garden a 2 bedroom that allows you to book a 1 bedroom Mayan Palace ?
What is the MF ?

RE : your friend - The booking window may be different . He may need to be more flexable

Last edited:

PanaJack

TUG Member
Reaction score
While we were there in Oct/Nov this year we attended a preview of what they have currently ready for the public - Attractions were minimal, the pricing was inflated - and for their $50 fee, it was certainly not worth the time. Maybe by 2050 they will actually have the park at a reasonable level of use for public.

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
Registered weeks are you main weeks that you bought and residence weeks are like bonus weeks. Years ago, you always had to pay for the registered weeks and the others were weeks that you could pay for if you wanted to go more weeks. Now these bonus weeks are called residence weeks. When I first bought, they were called Vacation Fair weeks. Supposedly,
the residence pull better weeks. I have not ever had a problem using either type to get a week. Some contracts only let you make a reservation 6 months out and others let you book 1 year out. When we had our Mayan Palace contracts I spent many August 1st days on speed dial to get a February vacation! I now have the 1 year and have not had a problem.

There are so many variations of contracts that it is difficult to explain them all. Newer contracts have the registered and residence weeks and on both you only pay when you make a reservation for either. Older contracts you pay each year whether you go or not. Newer contracts are for 10 year increments and you pay a fee to renew for 10 more years - the fees on these vary depending on when you bought. Older contract have a 5 year renovation fee equal to a maintenance fee then a 5 maintenance fee payment to renew every 25 years. Newer contracts call the old maintenance fee a usage fee, so you only pay if you go.

rscott2425

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have continued the Vidanta two step and missed the Spa Tower Contracts at Grand Luxxe Residence Club, but the 2 & 3 BR units were included as a sister exchange for our 1 BR loft at the Grand Luxxe Residence Club. Has anyone else been told that Vidanta is doing away with the 10 year contracts, wherein all of the value supposedly lies? Recognizing too late that this is yet another sales ploy to get one to buy into another contract, which of course has 10 and 100 year contracts. l can't imagine that Vidanta has the legal standing to void the very contracts that give owners standing within the use hierarchy, do they? Dazed in Az

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
We have continued the Vidanta two step and missed the Spa Tower Contracts at Grand Luxxe Residence Club, but the 2 & 3 BR units were included as a sister exchange for our 1 BR loft at the Grand Luxxe Residence Club
1 )The internal exchange grid is an important use component of a Vidanta contract and should be learned - and reconfirmed or upgraded if you chose to upgrade with Vida Sales.

2) The advanced reservation period is also a key metric. [ 12 months - 8 months - 6 months - 4 months.] - and this may vary depending on the use week language.
[ Registered Week - Residence Week - Privilege Weeks - Paramount Weeks - Vacation Fare Week etc.]

3) Addendums that you negotiate can increase use value for you.
[ This may require rescinding and then further negotiating with VMS / Vidanta Member Services. ]

. Has anyone else been told that Vidanta is doing away with the 10 year contracts, wherein all of the value supposedly lies?
There are TUG posts in the last year+ that indicate that [many] new contracts will have the first renewal date set at 20 years. [ followed by 10 year increments ]
In my opinion this is a benefit to both the purchaser & Vidanta when viewed with the " pay on use only addendum / combined with the ' hotel side" wanting filled units.

[We have a Mayan Palace contract from the 25 year renewal era & did not use it for the first 4 years - then figured it out with the help of TUG ]

Recognizing too late that this is yet another sales ploy to get one to buy into another contract, which of course has 10 and 100 year contracts. l can't imagine that Vidanta has the legal standing to void the very contracts that give owners standing within the use hierarchy, do they? Dazed in Az
Vidanta honours the specifics of the contract language. / but have tightened some situations.
There are TUG posts that indicate a contract with " free golf " only is operational if the owner is there to be a part of use ; unless
you have negotiated addendum language to say " family members & guests under all uses situations" or similar.

Last edited: