• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

What is your wish list of places you want to visit?

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Tuscany is my idea of what heaven should be like.
It's where I want to go when I die.

In the meantime:
Alaska -- BTDT, but need to take new wife.
Switzerland -- To ride the Glacier Express.
Italy, again -- Can't get enuff...
Australia, New Zealand, Tahiti & Bora Bora.
Costa Rica.
Peru -- Machu Picchu.
African Safari w-Victoria Falls.
Then I can die and return to Tuscany.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Australia & New Zealand (going this Fall)
Russia (next Spring)
E. Africa
Patagonia Argentina for beef & fishing

Favorites worth revisit:
Italy. Anywhere, anytime.
Spain/Portugal
N.W. Canada-Specifically Queen Charlotte Is. More fishing
Yellowstone/Teton area. Not fair- it's the 'back yard.'
Mexico for the people and food.
Hawaii, anytime, any island.

Been there, done that, no good reason to do it again:
China
Caribbean island hopping
N. Africa.
Florida- specifically tourist areas
Alaska cruise (done 3)

All the above in to particular rank or order.

Last edited:

glypnirsgirl

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
We went to Niagara Falls a couple of weeks ago.

We stayed on the Canadian side in the Sheraton on the Falls --- formerly a Carlyle Hotel. The hotel was lovely and we had a great view of the falls and the fireworks from our room.

We did the Maid of the Mist ---- which was awesome --- you get a greater feeling of the power of the falls by being so close to them. People were getting drenched even with their ponchos on. Ian and I took goretex pants and jackets just for the Maid of the Mist. I am sure that we looked silly pulling them on, but we were nice and dry when we got off the boat.

So, now replacing Niagara Falls:

Inside passage cruise to Alaska

Australia = scuba diving the Great Barrier Reef has been a dream since I got certified in 1989.

Germany - I have never been there and I would love to see some of the Medieval towns and the Nurburing would be a high-spot for Ian; on the same trip, I would enjoy seeing Hungary, Croatia

The chateaux of France;

Gaspe Penninsula --- far east of Canada (was a more generic French part of Canada)

the safari part of Africa - whichever part is safe when we finally get around to going.

Venice and Milan and returning to Florence

and I can always go back to Hawaii and Cozumel

Timeshare Von

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham (77k points at Myrtle Beach/Westwinds)
Lots of fun and interesting places on the lists from others.

Here's mine, in no particular order . . .

* Greece
* Italy
* Glacier National Park - Montana
* Yellowstone National Park (I've been but DH hasn't)
* China, Russia and India (all very doubtful, however)
* Ireland (doing it this year!)

So since I originally posted this, I did do both Glacier and Yellowstone Nat'l Parks. They were rather impromptu trips, and DH did not do either. (He really does not have the same interests in the outdoors that I have . . . and generally is unwilling to "rough it" as I do when camping.)

Ireland was awesome last year as well . . . exceeded already high expectations.

As for international travel, I would still like to experience Greece & Italy, as well as the three I list as "doubtful".

In terms of places I'd like to return to, Alaska & Hawaii are always on that list. I would also like to add doing Alaska's inside passage by cruise or ferry. I would also like to return to Ireland; two weeks just wasn't enough time!

rosebud5

TUG Member
Reaction score
My list would include all of ScoopLV's favorite San Francisco restaurants!

OMG. You think like I do. Just passed though SF on a way to an Alaskan cruise and we luv SF. Lived in the bay area for 9 years back in the 80's, but I can never get enough of the "city by the bay".

Cross off Alaska. Next on the list
1. Tahiti
2. Florida Keys (can you believe I have never been there)
3. Australia
4. Kenya/Tanzania safari
5. Med cruise (I have lived in Europe for 13 years of my adult life, but I still want to go back to Germany/Italy and Greece. If you like good restaurants, got to visit Italy)
6. St Petersburg (maybe a cruise)

Anyone ever been to one of those European river cruises?

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen Points Lodge Alley Inn.
Brewster Green (two weeks).
My list

Back to:
Thailand
Italy
Nice
Paris
Croatia
Maine
Victoria, BC (going in Sept)

New to me:
Scandinavia to Russia and back.
San Francisco
Polynesia
Barbados (going next year)
Cape Cod (going next year)
Oregon (going in Oct.)

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
After you go out and get a new wife, what if she doesn't like Alaska???

Go out and get another one? ;)
New-wife has been onboard ~ 12 years, after ex-wife put me out by the curb.

shagnut

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hawaii
Bali
Belize
Australia

Now more feasible.
Colorado (this fall)
Glacier NP (next fall)
Yellowstone/ Tetons
Maine
Nova Scotia
Oregon/ waterfalls
Oregon / coast

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Since starting this thread my list has altered greatly. The number one place on wish list of places to visit is wherever my granddaughter is. Since his job is likely to take him to various locations international, there's a whole world of potential out there.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
This year alone (and early next year) I have or will have done the following:

Jan - Sailing St Bart's, New Year's Eve
Feb - Cancun
May - Yellowstone, Arches, Canyonlands, Bryce, Zion, Grand Canyon, Monument Valley
May - Sailing French Polynesia (Tahiti, Tikehau, Raiatia, Bora Bora)
July - NYC
Aug - Sailing British Virgin Islands
Dec - Sailing Belize
Jan - Maldives

I have done:
Great Barrier Reef - liveaboard
Australia
New Zealand
All Western Europe, but missing Portugal
All 10 Canadian provinces
All but 4 US States (SD, ND, MN, IA)
All but 4 Caribbean Nations (or Territories) (Haiti, Montserrat, Grenada, Martinique)

Where I want to go:
Galapagos
Africa Safari
Fiji, Tonga, Bali
Yap, Palau, Trunk
Finish rest of Eastern Europe
Finish rest of Caribbean
Egypt, Jordan, Israel, Turkey (and Red Sea diving)
Tibet
Cruising Aegean Sea (I have sailed the Ionion Sea)
Thailand
World cruise (or major segment)

kwindham

TUG Member
Reaction score
I want to go everywhere! lol

Short list

French Polynesia
Bahamas
back to Mexico
back to Caymans
Niagra Falls
back to Hawaii
Add anywhere there is beautiful weather and a beach

No desire to ever go to Australia, to many killer critters on land and sea!

talkamotta

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Never in a million years when I was younger and raising my children would I think of going to the places I have already visited. (Mainly due to that first timeshare purchase when the salesperson said "It will make you travel" and the wonderful people of TUG.)

I live in Northern Utah and we visited Pagosa Springs this summer because I had to use some of my RCI points. Mesa Verde WOW. So close and yet I had never been there. This is just an example of how the most seemingly short unimpressive trip will turn out to be a wonderful experience. Flagstaff Az is one of my favorites. Ive sat on a bench looking at the Portland Lighthouse and eating fresh lobster, Ive been surrounded by hoodoos in Bryce, climbed Chichen Itza, watched the icebergs calf at Angels Glacier.

We are going to Vancouver Island next summer and I would love to see more of the west coast of Canada. Maybe I will add another week in California and spend time in the Redwood Forest.

Visit the National Parks of Canada and USA that I haven't visited yet.

I went on a cruise to Aus/NZ but I would like to spend more time in Sydney and Christchurch (if it hasn't been too destroyed).

Italy and Greece. Im from Albanian decent so I might go over there.

Germany

England and France.

If I don't get to all the places because the list continues to grow; it will be ok. Ive already had the experiences of a lifetime. Im so grateful and feel like the luckiest girl in the world. I think that Heavenly Father must have been an artist to make such beautiful places.

Last edited:

Zac495

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow - so many.

I want to go BACK to Santorini. Love it.
China (and back to where we adopted my daughter)
Thailand
South of France (may be next summer)
Barcelona
More Caribbean islands.
Alaska
Australia

to name a few..

rhonda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
One that I can't believe that I forgot - the train ride through the Copper Canyon (La Barranca del Cobre) in Chihuahua. One of the top train rides of the world, through a canyons that are deeper than the Grand Canyon. At the top of the canyon, near their continental divide, Mansión Tarahumara is a hotel that frequently shows up in the II directory short-term stays.

My dream is to catch the train and go to the top, spend about three nights there, soaking up the culture and doing day trips into the canyon. The canyon residents are largely indigenous people who still retain parts of their pre-Spanish conquest culture and language.

DW isn't as excited about this as I am, so I might wind up doing this with one of the kids.
You might also check to see if Holland America Cruise Line is still offering this as a single-day excursion? Perhaps picking this up via cruise would offer a compromise between your travel style and that of your DW?

Edited: This HAL cruise likely includes Copper Canyon.

Last edited:

Born2Travel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Kuleana, Sands of Kahana, Marriott Newport Coast Villas, Marriott Grand Chateau, Worldmark, Foxrun
Since starting this thread my list has altered greatly. The number one place on wish list of places to visit is wherever my granddaughter is. Since his job is likely to take him to various locations international, there's a whole world of potential out there.

That is a great way to travel. Our son played baseball for over 10 years. We never planned a vacation, we just followed the team and saw many minor league ballparks and towns we never would have visited otherwise. We saw some major league cities as well, but it's the smaller places that have left the biggest memories. And it was great not having to make decisions about where we should go. Enjoy that granddaughter and wherever her travels make take you :)