• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

WKORVN - Unable to book IV for Jan at 1yr

LobsterHunter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HRA, WMH, WDW, SDO, SMV, WLR, (WFlex-no more, sold)
Been trying to book a couple weeks in Jan '17 at WKORVN using my home resort preference, but it keeps showing me nothing available. Plenty of availability all types of units if I wait till May to use SO. Tried first 3 weeks in Jan '17 w/either a F/S/S (only for 7 nights, I know I can't book 2 consecutive weeks at this point). The only thing I didn't try yet was staying up till midnight & see if it's available.

Never had this availability issue for Jan, or most anytime, before, even at 8 months plus a week (except for President's week or Thanksgiving maybe). Are there really that many IV owners booking a year in advance that nothing is available? And if so, why would it show so much availability w/SO that I can book in May?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
For 2 bd, IV - North, I see:

Jan. 6, 7, 8 - [correction: no home resort availability]

Jan. 13, 14, 15 - no home resort availability

Jan. 20, 21, 22 - no home resort availability

Staroption reservations can be in any view, so the fact that there are still Staroption reservations available would indicate that IV is booked, but not other views.

It is odd - but who knows what Starwood does behind the scenes.

Just to be sure you know, you can make a home resort reservation 12 mos. + 9 hours before check-in.

In other words, you could reserve Jan. 13, 2017, on Jan. 12, 2016, at midnight Eastern.

Last edited:

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
I would call them - seems odd that a WKORVN IV would be completely booked at 12 months considering how many of these villas exist in the system.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Calling is a good idea, but be aware that the entry level person who answers the phone won't have any idea why it's not available, and they will just tell you that it is already reserved.

To get a authoritative answer, you will need to talk to Owner Resolution Services - just ask to be transferred to them.

Another option is to use the message function, and make them put it in writing. I find that when you do this, a senior Rep. answer the messages, and they are more careful about what they put in writing.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Calling is a good idea, but be aware that the entry level person who answers the phone won't have any idea why it's not available, and they will just tell you that it is already reserved.

To get a authoritative answer, you will need to talk to Owner Resolution Services - just ask to be transferred to them.

Another option is to use the message function, and make them put it in writing. I find that when you do this, a senior Rep. answer the messages, and they are more careful about what they put in writing.

Or... it is available - and online booking is wrong.
Can't hurt to call and ask...

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I agree - calling is a good idea.

LobsterHunter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Should have mentioned in first post, I actually spoke w/rep before posting this, she told me she wasn't seeing any availability either. However, I did not try & escalate the call to resolution services.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Should have mentioned in first post, I actually spoke w/rep before posting this, she told me she wasn't seeing any availability either. However, I did not try & escalate the call to resolution services.

Did you try to reserve as soon as the reservation window opened, and it was already gone? Or did you wait a few days?

Since you are an Elite Owner, did you know that you can wait list?

Or, if you are flexible, go online at midnight Eastern the night before the phone lines open, for Jan. 27, 28, 29.

Last edited:

LobsterHunter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
No, I waited a few days. I've waited till Feb or Mar before & never had a problem booking for Jan, as long as I did it before the 8 month window opened.

For an OF unit or President's week, sure, I'd be trying the second it opened up. But IV, for a non-holiday week, while kids are in school?

It doesn't seem like a computer issue, because I can book the same time in the desert w/out a problem.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I have no idea why, but availability gets tighter all the time. If you really want a reservation, the best practice is to make it the second the reservation window opens.

capjak

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC BC & SSR, Marriott GV+MVC Pts, WKORV & SVV, HGVC Flamingo
No issue with Oceanfront availability just checked and can book 7 nights any size room Jan 7 or 14 or Jan 21 2017

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
No issue with Oceanfront availability just checked and can book 7 nights any size room Jan 7 or 14 or Jan 21 2017

Given this - something appears to be wrong. Why wouldn't IV be available? There are 100s of these villas. Doesn't make sense.

LobsterH - I would double-check with Owner Services, and make sure you are trying to reserve the villa you own (e.g. OV vs. IV) at the correct resort. I would then kick it up to get a reasonable response as why IV is not available to you.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
South Phase - Ocean View:

Jan. 6, 7, 8 - no 2 bdms available

Jan. 13, 14, 15 - no 2 bdms available

Jan. 20, 21, 22 - 2 bdms. available

South Phase - Ocean Front:

Jan. 6 - no 2 bdms available

Jan. 7, 8 - 2 bdms. available

Last edited:

alohakevin

unconfirmed
Reaction score
Given this - something appears to be wrong. Why wouldn't IV be available? There are 100s of these villas. Doesn't make sense.

LobsterH - I would double-check with Owner Services, and make sure you are trying to reserve the villa you own (e.g. OV vs. IV) at the correct resort. I would then kick it up to get a reasonable response as why IV is not available to you.

Just wondering

1. Is possible the new option value on OF messing up the system?

2. If you own a IV can you book an OF at 12 months by adding the additional options?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Just wondering

1. Is possible the new option value on OF messing up the system?

2. If you own a IV can you book an OF at 12 months by adding the additional options?

Any time you use Staroptions you have to wait until 8 mos. before check-in, so shouldn't come into play now (12 mos. before check-in.)

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)

I assume this is what you are seeing online with HR SOs?
The OP has IV at WKORVN (you posted south) - there are a pretty high percentage of WKORVN IV (iirc) compared to OF. So... Interesting

Note: there is no Friday checkin for OF WKORV - Sat/Sun only

I have HR SOs - I may check OFD availability.
btw - I have been thinking of reserving the studio (that I rent to help with my sky high MFs) earlier in year because there is some flexibility to move back in year. Since we tend to go in Sept for the 1 Bd side. I rented the 2016 OFD studio week for Easter Week (after Easter) pretty easily (RedWeek). Maybe PrezDay in 2017?

Last edited:

YYJMSP

TUG Member
Reaction score

I see 2BR IV Deluxe's at WKORV available for all of those dates.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I see 2BR IV Deluxe's at WKORV available for all of those dates.

How weird the IV would be available in the South Phase, but not the North Phase.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
For OFD WKORV (south) - only studios for Sat/Sun checkins on those dates.
[no Fri checkin for OF WKORV]
No 1Bd or 2Bd

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
How weird the IV would be available in the South Phase, but not the North Phase.

it would be interesting if someone with WKORVN IV HomeResorts SOs checked online - out of curiosity.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I assume this is what you are seeing online with HR SOs?
The OP has IV at WKORVN (you posted south) - there are a pretty high percentage of WKORVN IV (iirc) compared to OF. So... Interesting

Yes, I was checking Home Resort Reservations with the Villa Finder. I want to compare availability to what the OP found, so I posted IV-North, OF-South (center - not deluxe), OV-South.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
I did - see post #2.

oops - missed in the hubbub - sorry

interesting - maybe limited due to renovations?
(can't see whales from IV WKORVN... ;))

at least my OFD studio can be reserved on any these Sat/Sun dates

WPORV has complete availability

Last edited:

capjak

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC BC & SSR, Marriott GV+MVC Pts, WKORV & SVV, HGVC Flamingo
Must be everyone making reservations to get in on the 50,000 point giveaway that ends Jan 31.

LobsterHunter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I went ahead & waitlisted for 2 consecutive weeks. I guess my issue isn't so much that there isn't availability for a reservation as much as that it shows plenty of availability if I wait till the 8 month window.

I've booked Thanksgiving week before at WKORN, and prior to the 8 month window, there was nothing left, so a non-owner couldn't book that week at the 8 month window either. But now for Jan, an owner can't book, but I can compete w/all the non-owners at the 8 month window? Makes no sense to me. Kinda like the whole HRA availability thing for summer of '16.

Don't think it's the 50K SO prize, cause the reservation can be made anywhere for that giveaway.