• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Wyndham's Sales Practices Openly Exposed To The General Public

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

timeos2

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Wow. This is a true tell all site! Sound familiar to anyone?

For those that are ever so slightly convinced that Wyndham Sales uses unfair tactics and purposely trains sales in ways to, ah-hem, "worry" owners and get them to buy more have a look here at what is claimed to be a former Wyndham sales guy exposing the inner secrets. A judge denied Wyndham's attempts to block his site. VERY interesting reading.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
I've just been reading that site, too. Very, very interesting. I'll give five bucks to the first Tugger who goes to hear a sales pitch and says, "Is that the 'Pinnacle Back End'? It sounds like something I read on mywyndhamlawsuit.com!"

joe017aniolowski

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've just finished reading the Wyndham Bankrupcy Lawsuit web site and found it very interesting. I think that anyone who has ever dealt with Wyndham or plans on dealing with them should read what an insider has to say about their sales tactics and how they have destroyed some people's lives.

Goofyhobbie

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Wyndham's Sales Practices Are Now Open To The General Public

Wow!

Brian Rogers and John Chase have really hit the nail on the head. This Information is going to make a lot of folks who were "ripped off" stand up CHEER!

Folks, the site is wide open, apparently has the approval of a Federal Judge ruling and shows a "David" kicking the butt of Goliath!

It is predicable that this thread will grow and be reveiwed by many.

For those of you who want to know more immediately about "The Pinacle Back End" use the direct link provided.

HtownRose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yikes! Now I'm worried about identity theft if they throw owner info in dumpsters.

And the stories about the scammed people, the quadriplegic lady & the retired couple, I feel sick knowing that I have a relationship with such a company.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone think this will change anything?

No mention of this on the Wyn page on CNBC that I can see.

There will always be uniformed people who want the free gift and then buy something that sounds too good to be true.

fishingguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
I doubt that this will change anything. It's unfortunate that this type of culture prevails within the Wyndham organization, but it didn't get to this point over night.

Sure they'll probably need to do a little short-term damage control, maybe even fire a few more sales reps and a dept head to show they "shook things up". But don't expect any major changes, since it won't happen without changes at the top of the organization.

Look at some of the other TS companies that have had similar practices uncovered... there were no significant changes. They are all the same and will continue to push the envelope on what they can get away with. Besides, most vicitms attending a sales pitch won't even know about an "F" BBB rating, state AG action or recent court case anyway.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
When we bought a small points package from DRI to get into the DRI club, as we were in the paperwork phase the supervisor we were passed off to to complete the transaction went through a QC checklist with us.

Included in the check list were a laundry list of common misrepresentations, and the supervisor verified, item by item, that none of those items had been used in the presentation and that we were not relying on any perceptions of those items in making our purchase.

I was impressed. I walked away thinking that if I were charged with trying to manage those issues on a sales timeshare sales floor, that's probably the type of thing I would do a cross check.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
For those that are ever so slightly convinced that Wyndham Sales uses unfair tactics and purposely trains sales in ways to, ah-hem, "worry" owners and get them to buy more have a look here at what is claimed to be a former Wyndham sales guy exposing the inner secrets. A judge denied Wyndham's attempts to block his site. VERY interesting reading.
It is unlikely to matter. The "Sales Handbook" (which was the main thing Wyndham didn't want released) explicitly says that they can't do any of the things that we know they do. The ex-sales guy says that the book is just a Cover Your A** thing (which is probably true), but the book is the written material, and Wyndham will tread out dozens of people to testify that the book is what happens.

That leaves any provable instances where the book *isn't* what happens an issue of a "rogue office", not a systematic problem.

In other words, this isn't Wyndham's first rodeo.

timeos2

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
It is unlikely to matter. The "Sales Handbook" (which was the main thing Wyndham didn't want released) explicitly says that they can't do any of the things that we know they do. The ex-sales guy says that the book is just a Cover Your A** thing (which is probably true), but the book is the written material, and Wyndham will tread out dozens of people to testify that the book is what happens.

That leaves any provable instances where the book *isn't* what happens an issue of a "rogue office", not a systematic problem.

In other words, this isn't Wyndham's first rodeo.

No, but when the exact same "rogue" scheme happens at different resorts and from multiple sales people it starts to become a big question as to where they are learning the game. It is hard to believe that sales folk three states or more apart just happened to come up with nearly exactly the same scheme and wording - just by chance? If it looks, walks and talks like a duck then you know the rest.

And be sure to listen to the actual voice recordings - hard to say they didn't mean what was said or that it meets the so called guidelines of the procedure book. We have heard the same pitches - nearly word for word - at 3 different resorts two coasts apart and a stop in Las Vegas. Coincidence? I rather doubt it myself.

Culli

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow interesting info, they tried the rental deal with me and I challenged his #'s and he got all confussed. Just basically said I was paying too much in MFs and should use this program. So I got into MFs with him, mine are about $4.70 per K not great but better than what GC costs.

I have another trip there in a few weeks I'm tempted to have the update and state hmmmmmm your policy strictly prohibits you from talking about this, another thing I would like to try is taping the conversation. I would like to say can I tape this, I just want to make sure I don't miss anything from this important meeting.

I will admit even as an informed TS owner, they do get me a little worried when they discuss tighting up on the resale owners.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
but when the exact same "rogue" scheme happens at different resorts and from multiple sales people it starts to become a big question as to where they are learning the game.
"Salespeople talk---there are a few web sites they use, and they move from office to office. Sadly, the few dishonest things that work get repeated. We try to put a lid on it, but it's hard keeping track of every single salesman."

Of course it is not coincidence. But, in a legal proceeding, you have to *prove* that it is not coincidence. They might be able to. I'm betting they won't.

be sure to listen to the actual voice recordings
"Yes, it is too bad what a few unscrupulous 'bad apples' do in our system. As you can see from our Sales Procedures manual, right here, and as countless other stales staff have testified, this is not standard procedure here at Wyndham."

This will be a blip on the radar at most.

bobby

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I can't get the link to open.

timeos2

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I can't get the link to open.

I just tried it & it opened fine. It seems to be available as far as I can tell.

Goofyhobbie

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Jennie,

For whatever reason the www.mysanantonio.com link provided by Brian Rogers (TUGBrian) is not working at one A.M. Monday Morning October 18th using Firefox or Internet Explorer. A Google search for the site brings up results; but even a link provided by Google does not currently open the site.

Since the San Antonio News Item about Wyndham Losing a Bid to stop the release of data in a Bankruptcy Court Ruling is NOT currently available, the site where the story is published on the Internet by the individual that Wyndham Sued is provided again here:

http://mywyndhamlawsuit.com/?page_id=2

Once you access the link you will first see ABOUT my Wyndham Lawsuit. To the right you will see various links that help to tell the story.

mtribe

Reaction score
There will be a line of sales people who Wyndham treated poorly and recently laid off when they shut down a number of sales sites who will happily share their story that parallels the issues here.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
Perhaps, but the plaintiff will have to find them.

The "Resorting To Deception" book isn't helping the case, either---it makes it look like "David" has an incentive to inflate the truth.

Last edited:

Jya-Ning

TUG Member
Reaction score
The book probably cover Wyndham enough. However, the questionaire is quite different. Which does not seems to have Wyndham's letter head though.

Jya-Ning

pianodinosaur

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC SeaWorld x 2, HGVC Las Vegas Strip x 2, MVC Mountain Valley Lodge, MVC Legend’s Edge
Text of Article

I hope this helps those of us who are having trouble opening the article.

pianodinosaur

Moderator Note: The full text of the article has been removed because such a posting is contrary to TUG Posting Rules.

Avoid posting copyrighted material. Under modern copyright laws, anything you find on the internet is copyrighted, even when there is no posted copyright notice. Do not post copyrighted material without the express consent of the copyright owner. Short excerpts are permissible under the Fair Use provisions of copyright law. Rather than post an entire article, just post a short statement of what the article is about and give a link to the address where the complete article may be found.

The fulll text of the article is now available on-line at the link provided:

http://www.mysanantonio.com/busines...p_damaging_information_secret_104988649.html?

Last edited by a moderator:

tchr54

TUG Member
Reaction score
That sales pitch was almost word for word what we heard at our last "imprisonment" with the so-called sales reps. We were so mad by the time we left that 1 hour-plus presentation that we almost left town-Branson:mad: . Now I have all the ammunition we need to turn the tables on the weasels.:cheer: We still like and use our timeshares:) and will continue to do so until we decide to give them up (and we do mean give them up).
Thanks for the great information.
Ed and Kay
Clinton, Mo

Cheryl20772

TUG Member
Reaction score
The book probably cover Wyndham enough. However, the questionaire is quite different. Which does not seems to have Wyndham's letter head though.

Jya-Ning
The sales book was written by Fairfield for Fairfield and now it's Wyndham which is not Fairfield? They can claim it's not their book...instead they claim it's company secrets :D But, if I recall, Farifield sales people were just as bad as Wyndham's about using deception. They are the ones who first told us years ago that this was real estate which would appreciate in value for our children to inherit.

The fair line they used all the time was to buy future vacations using today's dollars...right after they spoke about it being real estate to confuse things in the potential buyer's mind.

Last edited: