• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

1 BR at Maui MM1

toxicesq

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just was confirmed into a 1 BR at MMI for next July. The Marriott owners' website and II show only dedicated 2 and 3 BR units there. I'm curious what gives. Several days before this exchange came through II emailed to confirm me in a 1 BR at MMO (the older tower) that I had specifically NOT listed in my exchage request because I wanted to try the newer towers. I called and had that cancelled. (Also an interesting topic--I didn't know they could/would do that.)

The new confirmation and my II account both show me at "Marriot's Maui Lahaina & Napali Villas" and the Vacation Club rental pages do offer to rent 1 BRs at MM1. Were lock-offs added during construction and the websites just not changed to reflect this?

Also, am I correct in assuming the "MT" in unit code IVMT would mean "mountain"?

Thanks.

toxicesq

TUG Member
Reaction score
When II telephoned me to tell me about the exchange before sending me the confirmation (which they didn't do on the original, unasked for MMO exchange, which just arrived in my email) I asked the II agent if he was sure it was for the new towers, because I had seen that MM1 didn't have 1 BRs. He told me it was a 1 BR at MM1. I guess I'm just suscpicious since I had the feeling they were trying to slip something past me when I got the original MMO confirmation. I don't usually put in requests on line, so I don't know if the call before the email is usual or unusual. Maybe they have me flagged as a troublemaker since I made them cancel the first confirmation.

sandesurf

TUG Member
Reaction score
You are right to be suspicious. We own MOC in the old building. Our II account has recently changed our account to say that we are in the new Lahaina tower:shrug: I have notified them by phone and e-mail, yet it still shows that way!
Can't say I didn't try!
And yes, the new towers DO have "lock-offs", so I hope that's what you're getting.

Last edited:

ciscogizmo1

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Shadow Ridge, Timber Lodge & Waiohai
Westin: Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Villas
Disney: Beach Club Villas & Bay Lake Towers
I would think an easy way to tell the difference between the units is to ask whether it comes with a full kitchen? The older units do not come with a stove top/oven.

smithde

TUG Member
Reaction score
We're owners in the new towers and they definitely have lock-offs. We locked off our unit this year and used it as a one bedroom unit.

taffy19

Reaction score
Yes, a 1 br unit is possible at the new tower and should have a full kitchen too. The studio half doesn't.

05165-Marriott-Maui-Unit-2b.jpg

winger

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just was confirmed into a 1 BR at MMI for next July. ...
congrats! how long have you had your ongoing search going for ? What did you deposit into II for this exchange (resort, week reserved, size of unit) ?

toxicesq

TUG Member
Reaction score
The confirmation says it's a FULL kitchen, and describes the bathroom as having a separate tub and shower, so it sure sounds like a real 1 BR to me, and now, hearing from you guys that the new towers do have lock-offs, I'm much more comfortable. Thanks.

I wonder why the information is wrong on the Marriott site? I would think that it would discourage people from trying to exchange into the new towers with a 1 BR--maybe that's the idea. I probably wouldn't have tried either, except that I own two timeshares that are non-lockoff 2 BRS which I frequently end up trading down to 1 BRs with, so I thought I'd try for an upgrade this time. Oh well. An even trade is fine with me. :)

Winger, I put in the request less than 3 weeks ago using an MCV 1BR week 46 (Platinum). So I think it's a pretty fair trade, though I am surprised at how quickly it came through.

Dave M

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I think the explanation as to what is on the owners' site relates to the purpose. For potential owners, you can buy only a 2BR or a 3BR, thus explaining what's in "Accommodations". However, if you click on the rentals link or access the MFs budget (as examples), you'll see that lockouts exist. Also, looking at the initial PDF file that was sent to owners when the Lahaina project was first announced, the lockouts show up. I also include the lockout designation in the annual MFs update linked in the FAQS for this forum.

winger

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, a 1 br unit is possible at the new tower and should have a full kitchen too. The studio half doesn't.

05165-Marriott-Maui-Unit-2b.jpg

Nice model/schematic. Where did you get this? Are these available for each of the MVCI resorts? Sure be nice to see the layout before arriving on site.

taffy19

Reaction score
Winger, click on this page here and then click on "Villa Floor Plans".

PS. They are also available for the main MOC resort condos if you click on "Suite Floor Plans" here. I don't know about all other Marriott resorts but the MDSV-I in Palm Desert, CA had them too.

Last edited:

gomike

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you check at marriott.com and put in your confirmation number and last name you will find out your view