• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[2015] II Has Begun Promoting "Choose 2" Program

BJRSanDiego

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sands of Kahana, Desert Springs I, DSV2, Shadow Ridge Enclaves Dlx
I looked at the Grid and see that it currently only goes out through November. I'm wondering if they just haven't updated the website material and if it actually extends into December now.

I'm wondering if any one has been successful in booking anything into December yet? :ponder:

Great3

TUG Member
Reaction score
I hope the MODs can make this post a Sticky, and we do the same in this thread, where we report when the GRID is opened up to.

I been calling every week for the last 3-4 weeks, and the GRID is still only opened to end of Dec. 2015.

My exchange is Jan. 2 - 9th, 2016, and I am hoping to get a 2nd week right afterwards. I hope we can do that same thing that was being done for the XYZ thread in the sightings forum (Where thread title gets updated with current GRID dates). Now that II officially published their Choose2 program, I would think we can probably share this information and we get from the II reps.

Thanks,
Great3

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
Marriott opts out of Choose 2 (as of March 4, 2016)

This ongoing thread in the Marriott forum details what appear to be significant changes that have been heard by a few and confirmed through the TUG/II contact. I'm putting the link here and in the Sightings forum sticky thread to hopefully limit any duplicate or cross-posting. :)

Inhislove

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Catalina Beach Club
Are Sheratons still in?

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thinking about this offer today....Does the 2nd unit HAVE to come off the grid if you do the same resort, same week for friends?

Example: If I have a ski week at a Hyatt booked and another one is showing in inventory for that week can I just get that for friends? Assuming this would not be on the grid. The way I read the below, I think yes as the first part paragraph doesn't mention a grid - but the 2nd one for a future vacation at a different resort does mention a "Choose2 week"

Choose2
Because 2 is always better than 1
When you have an upcoming confirmed exchange, you can reserve a second unit for the same week at the same resort or at one nearby, and vacation with family or friends.

OR you can reserve a second unit for any available Choose2 week after your initial confirmed exchange week. Stay another week at the same resort, visit a different resort, or even go to a different destination.

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
OMG - 3 calls into II, 3 different reps, 3 different stories. I write this not for answer to question - but just info for future people looking into this.

My question to II: If I want same week at same resort or one close by does it need to be on a grid location? Because this "When you have an upcoming confirmed exchange, you can reserve a second unit for the same week at the same resort or at one nearby, and vacation with family or friends." does not indicate anything about a grid.

Answers

1. Yes, needs to be on the grid.
2. No, as long as your original exchange is for a lower size than your deposit. (example: used a 1BR to book a studio - can get another studio at the same resort)
3. Yes, needs to be on the grid

I questioned #3 further about what #2 told me about second exchange off of deposit. She said not based on unit size, but capacity. My deposit had capacity of 6. My exchange has capacity of 5 - so could not get another. But, If my exchange had a capacity of 4, then I could get another exchange into same resort for something with capacity of 2.

Appears XYZ Type 2 is still available - I had forgot all about that option!

Last edited:

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Yes, option 2 is still the XYZ Type 2. Option 1 and 3, they were referring to Choose 2 which is the old XYZ Type 1.

Cindala

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wouldn't option 2 be very difficult to do in a high demand resort?

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Wouldn't option 2 be very difficult to do in a high demand resort?
Yes, you can't use a request for an XYZ Type 2. It has to come from available inventory. Which is rare for high demand resorts and/or times.